User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah it would be a good idea to text him a good bit over the busy weekend as a way of saying "I wish I could hang out with you but I'm busy."
    Hi BlackCat Yes, I'll definitely text him over the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Also bring up how you would like to hang out sometime. You're both Js, make some plans!
    But we already told each other that we want to hang out again soon at the end of the night on Saturday (and the next morning/day via text as well)...so wouldn't me saying it again be repetitive and/or sound desperate? Obviously, I have no idea since I don't have much experience with this ...but I'm just asking you to make sure.

Plus, I'll be out of town next weekend...so bringing it up when I can't actually commit to any weekend plans would not be good, right? Or are you saying I should just say something like: "I still really want to hang out again soon, but I've just been so busy. =(" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Initially: By not showing interest in them. By showing less interest in them than anyone else in the room.
    Haha, well I have no idea how he acted around me initially. Although I was in the same class as him all semester, I didn't even notice him until mid-late in the semester when we got paired together in a group for a project. Then we actually got to talk, and remained partners for any in-class work or out-of-class project thereafter.

And by "didn't even notice", I mean that I literally cannot even remember him being in the class. Unless someone talks to me directly, I don't usually notice them because I'm thinking about the class. The same thing happened with my other INFJ friend too. He and I were in the same Art History class all semester, but I didn't even notice him until he and I talked on the last day. It was a very small class too and, to this day, I still can't remember him being in the class prior to when we talked!

You INFJs can be very "under the radar", hehe.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

But you know the ultimate answers to your neverending questions only he can give in the end, dont you ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    But you know the ultimate answers to your neverending questions only he can give in the end, dont you ?
    Um, yes, I know. But this is helping me better understand his type and is helping me to pick up/learn about social cues I would have otherwise not seen. Everyone here has been extremely kind and informative and I appreciate it. (s to all the INFJs who have been posting here!)

By the way, if you don't like my questions and aren't interested in the topic/op then you could always...not go into the thread. You know, "scroll".

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

sure, sry

I just will never understand how knowing ones mbti type does give you information about a human being and besides that, if the assesment is made by multiple persons, which are multiple different views on the matter.

I am more of the I defend myself with my own gun kind

go on here
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

(It's okay! I responded to you on your profile, so the thread wouldn't go off topic.)

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnReverie View Post
    Plus, I'll be out of town next weekend...so bringing it up when I can't actually commit to any weekend plans would not be good, right? Or are you saying I should just say something like: "I still really want to hang out again soon, but I've just been so busy. =(" ?

You INFJs can be very "under the radar", hehe.
    I'm a girl but then again I'm INFJ, too. "Can't wait to see you, soon." Sounds more " -ish"

My mom is ISTJ. She thinks I'm like a ninja, which means sometimes she has no idea I'm right behind her etc.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

INFJ's have social Q's? j/k

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelurking View Post
    I'm a girl but then again I'm INFJ, too. "Can't wait to see you, soon." Sounds more " -ish"
    You're right that does sound more -ish!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelurking View Post
    My mom is ISTJ. She thinks I'm like a ninja, which means sometimes she has no idea I'm right behind her etc.
    INFJs can be pretty stealth, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    INFJ's have social Q's? j/k
    Do they?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnReverie View Post
    But we already told each other that we want to hang out again soon at the end of the night on Saturday (and the next morning/day via text as well)...so wouldn't me saying it again be repetitive and/or sound desperate? Obviously, I have no idea since I don't have much experience with this ...but I'm just asking you to make sure.

Oh, I didn't read anything but the OP when I first saw this thread and the post that I responded with.

You sound like you're doing good.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP

Yay, things have progressed a little since I was last on here!

Why this fear of appearing too desperate through repeated texting and asking about your hang outs? I think it's a nice subtle way to let him know you're interested, without making a bold move on him, which you don't feel ready to do right now.

And no, asking him where he hangs out for lunch is not bad or stalkerish. See above paragraph! And be honest, let him know that you're asking because you want to get that time with him that you're too busy to get anywhere else at the moment.

Or you could just wait longingly and painfully until November, making the eventual hang out all the more satisfying. Cos of the abscence making the heart grow fonder stuff. And your survival throughout the no hang out period would be maintained through that good ol' subtely ish "Can't wait to hang out again" texting.

I'm finishing this post now. I hope you found some of it useful!