User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 114

  1. #51
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,132

    Default

    It's not pretty, is it?

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu562 View Post
    im jealous of you guys! i'm kind of interested in an INFJ... but she's basically celibate. and i have no idea how to proceed.
    what do you mean, celibate?

    maybe she's waiting for someone to make a move, finally! we are not the best at flirting and freeze up when around the object of affection. And we look for love so that makes for prolonged celibacy. Doesn't mean she's not interested. She may be VERY interested.

  3. #53
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    infjs are that perfect balance between totally desperate/craving affection and attention and being impossibly picky, fickle, "idealistic" (which only means rigid), etc.

    we can consider anything but we find it very difficult to accept the world, life, potential partners flaws and all. (e5s might be even worse than 4s, who need to be loved more than all else and feel extra special, before they start moving into 5ness and getting all up-in-arms hot and cold)

    anyone who can catalyze us/our feelings/our potential/pry us open and deal with our growing pains in a sensitive and iNtutive manner (we loooove being recognized, we love intersecting visions and relating perceptions, getting into the nuts and bolts, becoming concretized via Ne or having a crazy contest with other Ni engineering types a la rubix cube breakdances, etc), has a damn good chance at making us realize this situation (and the person responsible for it) is a keeper

    otherwise it just kind of feels like business partners and kafkan absurdity, and either relies on christian values or some other set of pre-packaged knowings to give us our place and purpose (which greatly limits our potential) and helps us get by without transmorgifying into the spaceman spiff internally we've been waiting to set free. it's like the meekness of emily dickinson as a representable piece on life's gameboard vs how big she has been swelling up to internally ready to detonate like a nuclear bomb with huge huge rilkean dostoeyevsky presence floating around out there in the world's ether (the myst feels good!)

  4. #54
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    anyone who can catalyze us/our feelings/our potential/pry us open and deal with our growing pains in a sensitive and iNtutive manner (we loooove being recognized, we love intersecting visions and relating perceptions, getting into the nuts and bolts, becoming concretized via Ne or having a crazy contest with other Ni engineering types a la rubix cube breakdances, etc), has a damn good chance at making us realize this situation (and the person responsible for it) is a keeper
    Relate very much to this. I've always said (and my friends have said of me) that I need someone who's gonna crack me open, and *knows how to* - usually Ni/Ne topics/approaches. Usually this requires an Ne-dom (for it to move ahead faster and most spontaneously and naturally), otherwise it might take a long time or simply never go anywhere, in the case of those who aren't terribly Ne/Ni-based.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  5. #55
    Senior Member MonkeyGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    879

    Default

    I have a dear ENFP friend from college that I was somewhat interested in romantically, and we clicked for all the reasons mentioned. We intuitively understood emotional experiences (though he had a tenancy to jump to some off-base conclusions about my emotional reactions sometimes), and I really enjoyed his company. At the end of the day, though, he wore me out with his boundless emotional enthusiasm, especially when I was feeling reclusive. An introvert, and one that didn't feel quite as much as I did all the time, was a better fit. <shrug>

    Two emotional intuitives is a lot of emotional "noise" for me in a relationship.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

  6. #56
    Senior Member MonkeyGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    It's not pretty, is it?
    Oh, heavens, NO!
    I think I think more than you think I think.

  7. #57
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    I have a dear ENFP friend from college that I was somewhat interested in romantically, and we clicked for all the reasons mentioned. We intuitively understood emotional experiences (though he had a tenancy to jump to some off-base conclusions about my emotional reactions sometimes), and I really enjoyed his company. At the end of the day, though, he wore me out with his boundless emotional enthusiasm, especially when I was feeling reclusive. An introvert, and one that didn't feel quite as much as I did all the time, was a better fit. <shrug>

    Two emotional intuitives is a lot of emotional "noise" for me in a relationship. :blush:
    I agree...for a relationship, I prefer NT's, and ENTP's have the biggest draw. But for friendships, ENFP's are excellent!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  8. #58
    Crazy Diamond Billy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    I've been seeing an ENFP girl for a few weeks and so far its been really good, we have an amazing time together, we're both intelligent and intuitive so we "get" each other pretty well. One of my best friends is also an ENFP and when I hang out with him I have the best time.

  9. #59
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I agree...for a relationship, I prefer NT's, and ENTP's have the biggest draw. But for friendships, ENFP's are excellent!
    i am still not as adamant about NTs as NFs as you are, but i will admit that, possibly for e5s, so much emotional noise can be not only distracting but debilitating. i think e5s tend to turn emotional experience into intense thought, so we can just overthink ourselves into mental frenzy. which is awful for our sense of clarity, centeredness, accuracy, etc. F types tend to misunderstand each other easier bc they are less focused on the specific relationship and that alllows the transmission to more easily get corrupted by mood, projections, wants/desires, and subjective expressions that can be difficult to grasp (misheard like homonyms) or highly ambiguous.

    edited to add: but hot damn, does it feel so good when another f type does get you buzzing! the question of sustainability is relevant, nonetheless.

  10. #60
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i am still not as adamant about NTs as NFs as you are, but i will admit that, possibly for e5s, so much emotional noise can be not only distracting but debilitating. i think e5s tend to turn emotional experience into intense thought, so we can just overthink ourselves into mental frenzy. which is awful for our sense of clarity, centeredness, accuracy, etc. F types tend to misunderstand each other easier bc they are less focused on the specific relationship and that alllows the transmission to more easily get corrupted by mood, projections, wants/desires, and subjective expressions that can be difficult to grasp (misheard like homonyms) or highly ambiguous.

    edited to add: but hot damn, does it feel so good when another f type does get you buzzing! the question of sustainability is relevant, nonetheless.
    Oh, I'm just adamant because I've always desired more of a balance, and chemistry-wise the allure is there. I find myself more easily annoyed with another feeler in a romantic relationship - too much, I prefer more of a contrast and different strengths/weaknesses, with different viewpoints.

    I haven't had ultimate 'Success' in this arena, though - my romances are few and far between, I'm always in a desert - so maybe if anything ever happens it'll be a total surprise and my preferences will be moot.

    But yes, I *always* overthink things - pretty much everything - and relate to the 'frenzy' aspect. I tend to think NT's can 'ground' me a bit better when it comes to that - NF's are *awesome* when it comes to relating and empathizing, but I often desire more of a kick, more clarity as you say. A lathering of objectivity, a fresh, different perspective from that that I would come up with, to stimulate me and shake things up in my mind.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Similar Threads

  1. INFP, ESTJ Duality??
    By Yaru in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 11-07-2015, 01:01 AM
  2. [INFJ] INFJs and others who thought they were INFJ
    By hazelsees in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 10:29 AM
  3. [INFJ] INFJ+INFJ relationship, any thoughts about this?
    By Penguin in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 08:51 PM
  4. [ENFP] Splitting the ATOM, er, ENFP: narrowing the gap between duality
    By pyramid in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO