User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

ESTJs can be very blunt, but they make amazing leaders. They aren't as cold as they appear. Deep down, they value emotions (especially the mature ones) since Introverted Feeling is their weakest function.

True, the romance between an INFJ and ENFP can be unfathomable yet incredibly rejuvenating. This is what happens when 2 NFs share their intuition & feelings: joyful moments.

And the best part of any NF relationships is that both partners take their commitments very seriously (most of them ), which is something incredibly hard to find these days.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Just a different sense of humor.

It seems like INFs don't like mean or crass humor as much as ENFs, but I really don't know---it probably depends.

It's not something I've put a lot of thought into, just a half-assed guess as to why I've personally clashed with INFJs.
    The thing I like best about ENFPs is their senses of humor. I've dated an ENFP and it pretty much convinced me that I never want to be in an NF-NF relationship ever again, BUT he was really funny and that was one of the main reasons why I started dating him in the first place.

I only know female ESTJs and I love them all. They all seem to think I'm a cutie and want to take care of me (maybe because my mom is an ESTJ so I adopt a child-like role around ESTJs). Never met a male (that I know of) so I don't know if it would be good relationship wise. I'm thinking no just because it seems like an ESTJ might try to be the boss of me all the time which is not what I look for in relationships.

Try NTPs. (Although since we are opposite gender INFJs, it might be different for us).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    INFp

ESTJs in my experience are very unpleasant people who just dont understand INFJs, nor do they care to understand INFJs. INFJ (which often translates to socionics INFp with Ni Fe functions) is NOT ESTj's dual. It's a conflictor relationship, and it sure feels like it. I AVOID ESTJs like the plague, but sometimes i'm forced to work with them. When they are my supervisor, i'm in for a miserable time--been there a few times.

Those of you who are INFJ and like ESTJs must have a different socionics type. MBTI shouldn't be used for intertype relation pairing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

To be honest, some of the only people I truly could not stand were ESxJs. I think the thing those types need to watch out for is disliking others because they are different without giving them a chance. Different does not necessarily equal bad. Then again, maybe I just haven't met the right people, because I'm pretty good friends with one ESTJ (tested + confirmed), and he is not like that at all. He is interested in enforcing rules, but he rarely if ever imposed himself on anyone who didn't ask for it. He was generally pretty easy to get along with, although you would want to stay out of his way. I think he is an example of a good ESTJ. Also, the ESTJ lady on this site, her name is failing me now (sorry), is very cool.

I'm not sure if I've ever heard of INFJs and ESTJs dating... I think it could happen, but there would probably be roadblocks and the personalities would have to be well developed and mature on both sides (not that it's not important in any relationship). ESTJs typically follow the existing rules and conventions (which they are extremely good at); INFJs are complex idealists. ESTJs are likely to be confused by why INFJs can't simply accept the world as it is and function within it without causing friction. INFJs will need to understand that the ESTJ's values operate within the existing world.

That said, ENFP and ESTJ are extremely different types. Aside from extroversion, they do not share any common traits. ENFPs are easy-going and reflective, while ESTJs more strict and traditional. ENFPs definitely NATURALLY complement the INFJ romantically because IxxJs and ExxPs already will have a natural attraction as it is in many cases...plus the middle two letters are the same.

That said, it's up to the individual. A healthy INFJ and ESTJ couple will probably do better than an unhealthy INFJ ENFP couple, imo.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

I married an ENFP.

Best decision I ever made.

The connection is definitely "transcendental romance." There is such a deep level of understanding/relationship that it's indescribable.

However, in day to day non-deep conversations, we are always miscommunicating! it takes a lot of work to go over a conversation and realize where it went wrong. I'm just glad that we both know that we would never intentionally hurt each other, and usually figure out that it was a tone or the stress of a word.

We are re-learning how to communicate with each other.

I'm also learning how to not be such a tight-A$$ and have fun! That takes work too

So to sum it up: INFJ + ENFP = transcendental romance if you are willing to work for it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    enfj

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    ESTJs can be very blunt, but they make amazing leaders. They aren't as cold as they appear. Deep down, they value emotions (especially the mature ones) since Introverted Feeling is their weakest function.

True, the romance between an INFJ and ENFP can be unfathomable yet incredibly rejuvenating. This is what happens when 2 NFs share their intuition & feelings: joyful moments.

And the best part of any NF relationships is that both partners take their commitments very seriously (most of them ), which is something incredibly hard to find these days.
    Well, if I may weigh in, I must admit that my relationship with my INFJ is beyond expectations. However, I do believe that if we had met, say, 6 or 7 years ago, it wouldn't have gone well. We are much more mature and understand ourselves well enough, that we both know how to maximize are strengths and face our weaknesses with strength and humour. We are both ready to forge a commitment, and have enough in common to not think twice on whether it'll work or not.

It's difficult when dealing with typology as there is so much variation in everyone's personality (for instance, I can exhibit ENFP characteristics most of the time, but in certain situations I lean TOWARDS INFJ). Also, what people DO with their personality type is just as important. Some use it as a crutch, while others use it to inform their attitudes and actions so that they might grow and develop as human beings. Typology is a base and doesn't allow for all kind of different factors (i.e. background, education, formation etc.).

I must say though, that this particular personality mix is FANTASTIC and is like living a slice of heaven. It helps that we also have the same values, similar types of intelligence and can talk about everything under the sun at the level we both crave and desire.

For me... it's is in fact a transcendental romance. =)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    enfj

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by harmonyizmine View Post
    I married an ENFP.

Best decision I ever made.

The connection is definitely "transcendental romance." There is such a deep level of understanding/relationship that it's indescribable.

However, in day to day non-deep conversations, we are always miscommunicating! it takes a lot of work to go over a conversation and realize where it went wrong. I'm just glad that we both know that we would never intentionally hurt each other, and usually figure out that it was a tone or the stress of a word.

We are re-learning how to communicate with each other.

I'm also learning how to not be such a tight-A$$ and have fun! That takes work too

So to sum it up: INFJ + ENFP = transcendental romance if you are willing to work for it.

HAH... that's hysterical. So so so true. Practical stuff, ... yes, my infj and I tend to miscommunicate, but we love each other enough to piece through it, and come out smelling more rosey than before!!! Nothing quite like it!!

MBTI
    ENFP

im jealous of you guys! i'm kind of interested in an INFJ... but she's basically celibate. and i have no idea how to proceed.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tofu562 View Post
    im jealous of you guys! i'm kind of interested in an INFJ... but she's basically celibate. and i have no idea how to proceed.
    Get her drunk.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Get her drunk.
    Have you seen a drunk INFJ? *cringe*
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.