• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Male INFPs and Women

G

Ginkgo

Do any other male INFPs find that their E or S friends are much more outspoken about women?

For instance, if a group of construction workers start whistling and howling at an attractive woman like a pack of animals, I tend to think they are shallow. Even in real life, I feel that many of my friends just go crazy for good looking women, but they don't think beyond that.

I believe that beauty is skin deep. I'm not trying to be preachy, I just can't understand why other people have to be so outspoken about physical beauty.

Can anyone relate to this? :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly, from my impression online, INFP men are not that different from other men as they might like people to think, or as they come across at first. While they may not be as inclined to casual sex as some men, I don't find them all as "enlightened" as they might initially project.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, from my impression online, INFP men are not that different from other men as they might like people to think, or as they come across at first. While they may not be as inclined to casual sex as some men, I don't find them all as "enlightened" as they might initially project.

I agree with this.

Maybe it's just the INFP men online. But I don't see that they are very different from other men in regards to physical attraction. They're certainly less outspoken about it irl, as they tend to be about most everything, but from what I've gleaned from online forums where they are more open, they aren't much different besides that. Of course there are specific INFP men that are different with respect to this, and a lot of what I've seen could possibly be chalked up to maturity and experience.

G

Ginkgo

Indeed, I am physically attracted, but, I suppose I'm not inclined to be as verbal about it.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Do any other male INFPs find that their E or S friends are much more outspoken about women?
Es are outspoken about everything :D.

I believe that beauty is skin deep. I'm not trying to be preachy, I just can't understand why other people have to be so outspoken about physical beauty.

Well, I hope you get some more male feedback. However from my experience it would seem that this isn't a type thing.

On the flipside, I'm an NT female, and I have been known to more or less jokingly cat-call men. I don't see anything wrong with noting the physical attractiveness of members of the opposite (or same for that matter) sex, as it ultimately is not the determining factor in how I interact with them.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

For instance, if a group of construction workers start whistling and howling at an attractive woman like a pack of animals, I tend to think they are shallow. Even in real life, I feel that many of my friends just go crazy for good looking women, but they don't think beyond that.

:yes:

Heh...Despite(or in spite of) all the flirty behavior, it's a woman's mind that attracts me, and keeps my interest. Actual physical looks are...oh, fifth or sixth, on the list of things I look for. :D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
:yes:

Heh...Despite(or in spite of) all the flirty behavior, it's a woman's mind that attracts me, and keeps my interest. Actual physical looks are...oh, fifth or sixth, on the list of things I look for. :D

Oh come on. What if she had like...a tiny arm or a pug face or something? :D

I'm not terrible picky within a certain range of "average" appearances, but then I suppose that's how most of us plebs operate.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Reading these threads is sort of like having predictable sex with a robot (like from that A.I. movie).

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh come on. What if she had like...a tiny arm or a pug face or something? :D

I'm not terrible picky within a certain range of "average" appearances, but then I suppose that's how most of us plebs operate.

Um...well...Let's go off onto the bizarre end of the spectrum shall we? ;)

I'm not saying there aren't some things I won't draw the line at. But I was speaking as a general rule. Hey, never rule out anything.

:hug:

P.S. It's the female of the species with the need for good looking mates...:alttongue:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Um...well...Let's go off onto the bizarre end of the spectrum shall we? ;)
Let's! :cheese:
I'm not saying there aren't some things I won't draw the line at. But I was speaking as a general rule. Hey, never rule out anything.

:hug:

That's ok, that was purty much my point :)
P.S. It's the female of the species with the need for good looking mates...:alttongue:
:laugh:

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
For instance, if a group of construction workers start whistling and howling at an attractive woman like a pack of animals, I tend to think they are shallow.

me too, but who knows, i would probably do the same if i was a bit more courageous and extraverted :huh:

still, if something like that happens those people are just marked for life in my brain as "bad people"

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
If you don't mind my .02 here, I think INFP definitely want someone they are attracted to, but that isn't first on their list. They are way more compromising looks-wise than many of the other male personality types. For example, they would date someone who was heavier if she had a pretty face and a good personality. If they went out with someone who was very attractive, but had no personality -- they would have no qualms about not seeing them again. Whereas, another guy might keep seeing them again because they are very attractive.

Orange Applied - I have read MANY of your posts and I enjoy them. However, you seem to be VERY bitter toward INFP men. I wonder what made you that way. Yes, they have their issues like everyone else does...and they may be seen as nice because they keep their bad feelings more hidden, but it's obviously that you feel VERY strongly about it. Just curious why?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
me too, but who knows, i would probably do the same if i was a bit more courageous and extraverted :huh:

still, if something like that happens those people are just marked for life in my brain as "bad people"

I think this encapsulates a lot of NF behavior.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Orange Applied - I have read MANY of your posts and I enjoy them. However, you seem to be VERY bitter toward INFP men. I wonder what made you that way. Yes, they have their issues like everyone else does...and they may be seen as nice because they keep their bad feelings more hidden, but it's obviously that you feel VERY strongly about it. Just curious why?

I'm not bitter at all :huh:. I don't have much real life experience with INFP men. Almost all of the INFPs I've known are women. I was stating my opinion from my online observations, which is that I notice that INFP men are not that different from other men on the whole in their views of women, whether good or bad.

If you're referring to the comments I made in the male INFPs = nice guys thread, they're not about INFP men specifically. Any type can fall into that mindset. I'd argue that it's insulting to INFP men to lump them all as those faux "nice guys".

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I dated an INFP for years. I pursued him because he wouldn't approach me. He never seemed to be all too moved by the looks of a woman. I never got the feeling that he'd cheat on me because a better looking girl came around. He valued the depth of the relationship over looks, for sure. Girls would throw themselves at him, and he would just look at them like they were crazy. He didn't brag about it, and didn't even seem to think to highly of his popularity. I've never seen anything like it actually.