User Tag List

123 Last

Ginkgo

Default Male INFPs and Women

Do any other male INFPs find that their E or S friends are much more outspoken about women?

For instance, if a group of construction workers start whistling and howling at an attractive woman like a pack of animals, I tend to think they are shallow. Even in real life, I feel that many of my friends just go crazy for good looking women, but they don't think beyond that.

I believe that beauty is skin deep. I'm not trying to be preachy, I just can't understand why other people have to be so outspoken about physical beauty.

Can anyone relate to this?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Yes, definitely.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Honestly, from my impression online, INFP men are not that different from other men as they might like people to think, or as they come across at first. While they may not be as inclined to casual sex as some men, I don't find them all as "enlightened" as they might initially project.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Honestly, from my impression online, INFP men are not that different from other men as they might like people to think, or as they come across at first. While they may not be as inclined to casual sex as some men, I don't find them all as "enlightened" as they might initially project.
    I agree with this.

Maybe it's just the INFP men online. But I don't see that they are very different from other men in regards to physical attraction. They're certainly less outspoken about it irl, as they tend to be about most everything, but from what I've gleaned from online forums where they are more open, they aren't much different besides that. Of course there are specific INFP men that are different with respect to this, and a lot of what I've seen could possibly be chalked up to maturity and experience.

Ginkgo

Indeed, I am physically attracted, but, I suppose I'm not inclined to be as verbal about it.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Do any other male INFPs find that their E or S friends are much more outspoken about women?
    Es are outspoken about everything .

I believe that beauty is skin deep. I'm not trying to be preachy, I just can't understand why other people have to be so outspoken about physical beauty.

Well, I hope you get some more male feedback. However from my experience it would seem that this isn't a type thing.

On the flipside, I'm an NT female, and I have been known to more or less jokingly cat-call men. I don't see anything wrong with noting the physical attractiveness of members of the opposite (or same for that matter) sex, as it ultimately is not the determining factor in how I interact with them.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post

For instance, if a group of construction workers start whistling and howling at an attractive woman like a pack of animals, I tend to think they are shallow. Even in real life, I feel that many of my friends just go crazy for good looking women, but they don't think beyond that.

Heh...Despite(or in spite of) all the flirty behavior, it's a woman's mind that attracts me, and keeps my interest. Actual physical looks are...oh, fifth or sixth, on the list of things I look for.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post

Heh...Despite(or in spite of) all the flirty behavior, it's a woman's mind that attracts me, and keeps my interest. Actual physical looks are...oh, fifth or sixth, on the list of things I look for.
    Oh come on. What if she had like...a tiny arm or a pug face or something?

I'm not terrible picky within a certain range of "average" appearances, but then I suppose that's how most of us plebs operate.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Reading these threads is sort of like having predictable sex with a robot (like from that A.I. movie).

thinking of you

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Reading these threads is sort of like having predictable sex with a robot (like from that A.I. movie).
    You rang?