User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Se is a shadow function for INFP. To be honest, I am about as likely to notice the feel of a woman's vibe first, as I am to notice her appearance first. I observe the world about as much kinesthetically as visually. Granted it feels good to look at a woman, but I still contend that a woman's eyes are her sexiest body part. I am much more interested in what is inside a woman than her appearance.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    As for the "whistling at women at a construction site" thing, I find it repulsive. It lessens my respect for anyone doing it, and it embarasses me. I feel like walking up to the woman and apologizing for the brutes. I'm dead serious. If most INFP men are like other men, then I'm not like most INFP men, I guess.
    If I passed a construction site full of men, and I didn't get a wolf whistle or two, I would IMMEDIATELY turn my butt around, go home, and fix my hair and makeup. Obviously I made poor fashion choices that morning, and they need to be remedied. It's an environment-response thing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    If I passed a construction site full of men, and I didn't get a wolf whistle or two, I would IMMEDIATELY turn my butt around, go home, and fix my hair and makeup. Obviously I made poor fashion choices that morning, and they need to be remedied. It's an environment-response thing.

Hmmm... Looks like I'd piss you off.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by dcmicrowave View Post
    read my super long post. it is somewhere. um. yeah. i agree. most girls can't handle the real deal, so you dish 'em something "palatable" and they often complain that we are just like all the other jerks. it's more than difficult to actually *have* what people want, only to find that they just aren't ready for it. it seems to be about finding the right type of person in the right stage of self-awareness. so... for INFPs, it seems to be about the reps. gotta shuffle through as many people as you can just to possibly see a glimpse of the next plausible candidate. makes me feel like i have no ability whatsoever to actually read people.
    Just adding that I agree with this. The girl who I probably connected with the best/easiest/most almost 20 years ago...We'd had a discussion that she felt I was 'not always there' and 'occasionally distant'. I told her honestly that if I showed her the emotions I was feeling that she'd run away screaming...She disagreed. She ran away screaming...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think that ideally speaking, sure we'd all notice a woman's personality before her looks and that would mean everything. And maybe we all wish we were that way, but I don't think that's quite the way it pans out in reality. I mean, if you're not at least physically attracted to a woman upon meeting her, how likely do you think it is that a conversation would lead you to romantically pursue her because of her "inner beauty?" Don't get me wrong, I think that sometimes that can eventually become the case, but by that point you've probably become at least somewhat physically attracted to her as well; a person's looks can become endearing under the right social circumstances. By the same token, I don't think any of us would ever want to be in a committed relationship with airhead who happened to be a knockout; without a mental and emotional connection it's all pretty hollow (not to mention irritating).

I don't think there is anything wrong with appreciating the female form, and I don't think that it inherently makes you shallow. The stereotypical "whistling construction worker scenario" isn't even necessarily all that misogynistic depending on their attitude and what it is they say; how do you know what their values are? When you regard a beautiful woman as an object for your pleasure instead of a thinking, feeling human being, that's when you become shallow. But anyone who claims they don't pay attention to looks PERIOD is deceiving himself. That's just not realistic, and making claims like that puts you well on your way to "nice guy syndrome."

Now, I realize that's not quite the point most people in this thread are making, and I agree with general sentiment of not talking about women in terms of how they can gratify us. It's just that in doing that you have to be careful not to put yourself on a pedestal.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

You know why INFP males have it 'tough'? Because we have to be more developed to have success with women compared to most other types.

For example, unhealthy ESTPs are usually very successful with women. They don't need to be very developed or balanced, and in fact an unhealthy ESTP can sometimes be more attractive than a healthy one. (More wild, dangerous, unpredictable, volatile, and in need for some to 'save' them.) Unhealthy INFP males tend to be too passive, withdrawn, and bitter to mimic the ESTP success formula.

Although I don't see healthy, mature, and confident INFPs having much trouble with women. So instead of being upset at a million things male INFPs can't control, why not change the one thing they can control: Themselves.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    You know why INFP males have it 'tough'? Because we have to be more developed to have success with women compared to most other types.

For example, unhealthy ESTPs are usually very successful with women. They don't need to be very developed or balanced, and in fact an unhealthy ESTP can sometimes be more attractive than a healthy one. (More wild, dangerous, unpredictable, volatile, and in need for some to 'save' them.) Unhealthy INFP males tend to be too passive, withdrawn, and bitter to mimic the ESTP success formula.

Although I don't see healthy, mature, and confident INFPs having much trouble with women. So instead of being upset at a million things male INFPs can't control, why not change the one thing they can control: Themselves.

And the InTArW3b is the perfect place to brush up on your mental, verbal game.

Unless you're an Emo little puss....

Talk to a woman? AUUUGH!!! She should know how cool I am just by looking at me...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    ITA.
    100% *E*/100% *T*
    Married to an INFP - whose "P-ness" makes up for the I, N and F :yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Personally, I didn't know that Male INFPs existed. They're so rare and most of them are women.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm a woman, well, when the surgery is complete I will be. I just feel like I was born in the wrong body.

male INFPs are a lie! the government is putting stuff into the air!