User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Keep the restrictions of language in mind before settling. I've seen some very agreeable people online, willing to say anything to fit in - others just not able to adequately arrange what they intend to say in words.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Keep the restrictions of language in mind before settling. I've seen some very agreeable people online, willing to say anything to fit in - others just not able to adequately arrange what they intend to say in words.
    That's completely fair. I wouldn't jump to conclusions on an INFP guy I met in person based off of online observations. And just to offset what I said, there are also a lot of very balanced & smart INFP men online also. I suppose what I really meant is they are just as varied as men of other types.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

physical attractiveness draws my attention, the content of the person keeps it.

what a typical thing to say.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I avoid verbalizing how I feel when I see pretties; as a result I have yet to be arrested for harassment. If I verbalized maybe 10% of what I thought I'd probably be in jail by now. I am, however, tempted to start saying more of these things to a girlfriend when they pertain to her. Nothing extreme, but start at about 1% and raise the dial as comfort allows. Maybe I'll manage to keep one longer than a month with that...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I avoid verbalizing how I feel when I see pretties; as a result I have yet to be arrested for harassment. If I verbalized maybe 10% of what I thought I'd probably be in jail by now. I am, however, tempted to start saying more of these things to a girlfriend when they pertain to her. Nothing extreme, but start at about 1% and raise the dial as comfort allows. Maybe I'll manage to keep one longer than a month with that...
    The gift/curse of a male INFP : A vivid and colourful imagination, a wonderfully descriptive vocabulary but a severe lack of confidence to voice out any of it

MBTI
    INFP

Well, as an INFP, I'd say that physical attractiveness is probably the first thing that draws me to a girl. Maybe that makes me shallow... that's fine. I want her to more than just physically attractive for anything serious to happen, though. But yeah... I'd expect to be at least physically attracted to a girl that I wanted to get to know more seriously.

MBTI
    INF~
    Enneagram
    4 w5

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Um...well...Let's go off onto the bizarre end of the spectrum shall we?

I'm not saying there aren't some things I won't draw the line at. But I was speaking as a general rule. Hey, never rule out anything.

P.S. It's the female of the species with the need for good looking mates...

I just love everything you're saying...It's so nice to hear a guy say those things! You rock.
    Other people see me as attractive and I feel good about myself in that sense, but it has always bothered me that people think that women have to be the peacocks of the species. Both sexes of humans have pretty "feathers".
    Out beyond idea's of rightdoing and wrongdoing, there is a field, I'll meet you there. ~Rumi

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Es are outspoken about everything .

Well, I hope you get some more male feedback. However from my experience it would seem that this isn't a type thing.

On the flipside, I'm an NT female, and I have been known to more or less jokingly cat-call men. I don't see anything wrong with noting the physical attractiveness of members of the opposite (or same for that matter) sex, as it ultimately is not the determining factor in how I interact with them.
    How comfortable are you INFP males with this? Honestly, I guess I always thought men would like having an attractive woman say out loud that she finds them sexually appealing. Oddly, it seems to make you guys blush and stutter (which just makes me want to keep going, because it's funny and adorable)...but at what point are we going too far in verbally expressing our appreciation of your asstributes?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

How much do you want us to fall for you? With out a reference of understanding that you're just playing can mix us up. I tend to just assume someone is playing, because of this, unless they specify they actually want me. I frustrate a lot of girls this way, but I'm at the point of thinking, "too damn bad". The energy required to react "favourably" on minimal information is costing me more and more as I get older.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by hopeseed View Post
    Other people see me as attractive and I feel good about myself in that sense, but it has always bothered me that people think that women have to be the peacocks of the species. Both sexes of humans have pretty "feathers".
    Kind of odd considering it's the peacocks that are colorful, not the peahens, eh?

I guess I have a hard time with anything that says 'men are into this while women are into that.' Seems to me that you get with who you are attracted to and different people are attracted to different things. I am an INFP female and I couldn't be with someone I didn't consider attractive. Well, I have been in the past, but I ended those relationships as soon as possible- they were basically a situation of, 'he's interested so I'll give it a shot.'

I have standards, sure, but they are different than what is considered 'typical', whatever that means. I would imagine INFP men would fall along the same lines- not necessarily having a list of criteria, but knowing what they like when they see it or when they get to know the person.

But like I know.