User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by slumdogtrillionaire View Post
    its valuable what u have shared. so is u're hypothesis that we are natural empathic transmitters without bringing in the concept of soul?
    It is my theory that what I feel from people is not their soul, but something they send from their mind, except that evening, I felt my Dad in the room with me. What was I feeling then. Also, after the last time we had to put down our dog, I could feel him in the car with me for about an hour that afternoon, after we had had the vet put him down that morning. I honest don't know what I am feeling, and when I try to figure it out, I can come up with lots evidence that seems to disprove any theory I try to put together. I think these kinds of gifts work best on faith, and don't respond well to analysis.

MBTI
    INFP

its valuable what u have shared.
    Ok, I was going to talk about a symbolic image that I experienced right after my Dad passed away, but that's too personal for me. My theory is that symbolic image comes from my other intuition, my Introverted intuition that is supposed to be a shadow process for INFP. But I don't know whether my experiences here are anything that is uncommon for other INFPs. I think these come from my introverted intuition because of the way they function differently. My extroverted intuition makes connections between seemingly unrelated facts, events, etc. and demonstrates ways they are related, and it sees patterns in external things, and identifies how behaviors fit into a given pattern, this kind of thing. But communications from my other intuition bubble up from deep inside, and they just play in my mind's eye, or they manifest as inner knowing, and unlike Extroverted Intuition that gives me several things that could be the cause of something, my other intuition gives me one answer and says, this is what is happening, or this is the correct answer.

Symbolic image, I also call them flash image because they are usually quick little things, are usually more like videos than pictures, and they usually are either symbolic of something that is currently occurring or of something that will occur. I am trying to think of another example of a symbolic image I have experienced. I had one in mind last night, but I've forgotten it now.

My other intuition also seems to have a mind of it's own, or seems like it acts on my behalf but independent of me, or certainly independent of my conscious mind. I think when folks who are INTP make reference to their muse, that they are talking about the same function in their personality. I have had online friends write me thanking me for 'being with them' at some funeral, or some stressful situation, and at the time I wasn't cognizant of being with this person, but they insisted that it felt like me. Please understand that 'being with them' is more empathic_speak for being connected with the other person while they are doing some stressful activity, or whatever. We say 'being with' but there is no proximity involved.

Also the contents of this web page from the "INFJ or INFP a Closer Look" web site, adds credence to my theory that what I am dealing with is my shadow introverted intuition. INFJ or INFP? a closer look

MBTI
    ENTp

^ i guess we can analyse intuitively or logically, thats the beauty of analysis. probably some things have to be taken on faith, i just tend to analyse predominantly!! what to do? hahaha

its interesting how you dissect your psychology, plus the example of the online friend feeling you are with them, it does seem to go back to the OPs idea of empathy. This word 'empathy' is probably much deeper than what its face value suggests.
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9

MBTI
    INFP

^ i guess we can analyse intuitively or logically, thats the beauty of analysis. probably some things have to be taken on faith, i just tend to analyse predominantly!! what to do? hahaha

its interesting how you dissect your psychology, plus the example of the online friend feeling you are with them, it does seem to go back to the OPs idea of empathy. This word 'empathy' is probably much deeper than what its face value suggests.
    Ask anyone who knows me well. I am a very analytical person.

i have extremely strong connections with certain people. i feel others' strong emotions from great distances. often i will become aware of these "shadow" intuitions via some unrelated event. i believe that i am simply able to web-think through chronological events in a cause-and-effect manner, and come to the conclusion that someone is experiencing a strong emotion in a very quick and sometimes abstract way for some certain reason. sometimes i can come up with the reason, sometimes i can't. i chalk it up to self-awareness. i will call them if possible to determine the actual situation and more often than not, i am right that *something* happened or *is* happening.

this happens with my sister a lot. we are and have been very close. this has become very garbled, i think, but essentially i feel that i am just able to think through situations without thinking about what i know. like... if my sister told me that she was going to have a test that would be very stressful, i might forget this fact, and then somehow conjure it up without thinking about it... and then get the feeling that i know she is stressed out about something. it can be much, much more complex than that, but that might be a good example of what i am trying to imply.

in terms of technology, something is "good" if it works as if by magic. like cars. just get in and turn it on. you don't need to know shit. but if you DO know shit... you can explain to someone why the car broke down after you heard that little rattle. the more you know, the more you can feel about what you know. that might imply, in some small way, that if you don't know someone at all, you won't be able to professor X them. is this accurate for you?
    existence is endlessly wonderful.

MBTI
    ENTp

there is one more issue with empathy. the more easily one can empathize with people, the more out of control does empathy get. it sometimes becomes unavoidable to even contract others diseases (like a pain in the foot, or a cold)! so i guess most NF's generally tone their ability to empathize overall.
    Type 8 sx/sp/so

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by dcmicrowave View Post
    in terms of technology, something is "good" if it works as if by magic. like cars. just get in and turn it on. you don't need to know shit. but if you DO know shit... you can explain to someone why the car broke down after you heard that little rattle. the more you know, the more you can feel about what you know. that might imply, in some small way, that if you don't know someone at all, you won't be able to professor X them. is this accurate for you?
    There are two kinds of knowledge about empathic things. There is how to operate the gift knowledge, and there is how it functions knowledge. I am the type that loves to get down to the command line level of things and figure out what is actually happening at the nitty gritty level, but with my empathic gifts I have found that trying to figure them out is counter productive. It is easier and more powerful for me, if I just believe they work and use them on faith. Knowing how to use them, and what their functions and abilities are, is something else.

As for not knowing someone at all, I guess your statement would be true, for I wouldn't know they exist, and wouldn't be interested in working to be of benefit to them, but once I know they exist, I no longer can say I don't know them at all. I may not know them very well, but once I know they exist, I usually can find them if they are also living, and when I find them, there are some things I can often determine about them without conversing with them, or even seeing them. And when I know they exist, I can also pray for them.

MBTI
    INFP

I feel like I have high jacked your thread, Monkey Grass, and I apologize for that, but I am happy to have met you. You feel like a deeply loving and very gifted soul.

I am curious if we are demonstrating an Fi / Fe difference, the way you tend to approach the problem when it's out in front of you, and you want to reach out and touch to, if you will, drain off the overload, where if I encountered some one in my personal space who is experiencing emotional overload, or pain, my first impulse would be to pray for them, and try to touch them with the fingers of my mind. Perhaps your approach is faster and more effective, and I did not mean to imply that you don't pray first. Perhaps I should try using something more direct like that.

I wish you well Monkey Grass. God bless you.

MBTI
    ENTp

^ we are luckily still on empathy

one of the most common examples of empathy would be... a person sneezing because he saw another sneeze... or yawning because he saw another yawning.
    Type 8 sx/sp/so

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by will5250 View Post
    I feel like I have high jacked your thread, Monkey Grass, and I apologize for that, but I am happy to have met you. You feel like a deeply loving and very gifted soul.

I am curious if we are demonstrating an Fi / Fe difference, the way you tend to approach the problem when it's out in front of you, and you want to reach out and touch to, if you will, drain off the overload, where if I encountered some one in my personal space who is experiencing emotional overload, or pain, my first impulse would be to pray for them, and try to touch them with the fingers of my mind. Perhaps your approach is faster and more effective, and I did not mean to imply that you don't pray first. Perhaps I should try using something more direct like that.

I wish you well Monkey Grass. God bless you.
    I think I tend to pray in my heart constantly. I think that's what helps me not get completely overloaded with the pain of others, actually.
    I think I think more than you think I think.