First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    Am I just a nutcase? Is there a precedent for this kind of sensation? What am I doing?? I'm very curious, and afraid, really, to talk to anyone IRL about it, least I be laughed out of the room.
    That's incredible.

Intuition is so amazing.

INFs, in particular, seem to have some crazy psychic abilities.

I don't know what else to say, except "That's awesome. I wonder how you could develop it?"

I've seen similar stories in the news. I think it's great that it's being taken seriously.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

i dont understand what's wrong with this, i mean.. where's the problem ?
    and also i think you're overreacting about all scenario, tbh

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Ok, I'll give you something that I have been concerned about. The difference between these experiences and what psychiatrists call "Magical Thinking" seems like a very fine line to me. I am very careful about who I discuss these kinds of experiences with. I think for me anyway, IRL, its better not to talk about it, and let folks wonder how I know, or not know how I accomplished something, or even not know it was me. All I really care about anyway is did my efforts accomplish their goal.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

^ i agree 100%. i wonder why bizarre concepts like the oedipus complex are fine and dandy but concepts such as empathy are not considered viable, and in many cases are labeled as disorder or delusion with regard to psychology..

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by will5250 View Post
    Ok, I'll give you something that I have been concerned about. The difference between these experiences and what psychiatrists call "Magical Thinking" seems like a very fine line to me. I am very careful about who I discuss these kinds of experiences with. I think for me anyway, IRL, its better not to talk about it, and let folks wonder how I know, or not know how I accomplished something, or even not know it was me. All I really care about anyway is did my efforts accomplish their goal.

I agree. I sometimes have these crazy 'magical' thoughts, but I never tell anyone I've had them.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    ^ i agree 100%. i wonder why bizarre concepts like the oedipus complex are fine and dandy but concepts such as empathy are not considered viable, and in many cases are labeled as disorder or delusion with regard to psychology..
    I suspect it could be related in some folks to shadow functions. They don't trust information from a function that is a shadow function for them. It of course is a theory.

MBTI
    ENTp

I suspect it could be related in some folks to shadow functions. They don't trust information from a function that is a shadow function for them. It of course is a theory.
    ^ possible and majority are SJ SP types who would simply laugh it off
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

This is so nice! Someone else like me. This level of empathy has become normal for me. It's not normal for most people, so I don't like talking about it. It seems like the definition of a crazy person to some people is merely a person who experiences things that they do not.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I have a couple of curious questions for you. Do you feel when someone, particularly when someone who is also empathic reads your posts? Also, do you find yourself feeling great love swell up inside you for the person when you feel their vibe? I have had several people tell me they experience feeling other people read their posts, but the latter attribute, from my observations, appears to be intensely rare.
    Yes, and yes. Actually, more the latter than the former. And it's not all the time...mostly people with whom I feel a closer connection.

OK. My further thoughts. I've been trying to do it more purposefully, and finding I can't bring myself to do it when I know they can probably deal with the emotion of the moment. When I do it, it's in a moment of blind empathetic reaction when the person is obviously completely overwhelmed with emotion, to the point of not being able to calm themselves. Maybe that's what's required for me to feel that deep empathy, or maybe my rational side is stopping me the rest of the time, so that the people around me stay healthy and know how to deal with their own emotions.

I dunno. I've also noticed that I seem to feel the impulse to deeply comfort more with certain emotions more than others. Pain is a huge one. The biggest really. Anger is really huge, and overwhelming, and doesn't seem to be something I can help with. In fact, it feels almost wrong to try to relieve it. Stress, panic, discouragement and despair seem helpable.

I feel like Alice right after she fell down the rabbit hole.

Here's a funny one: I was walking through the parking lot of a health store yesterday, and I sensed the man across the parking lot was going to sneeze when he passed my baby and I (I know, right? ), and automatically overruled my impulse to scoff and shifted my baby to my other hip and covered her face. And, a few seconds later, as we passed...the dude sneezed. I was officially weirded out.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it. You'll have to excuse my self-abasing..it's a bad habit. It wasn't acceptable in the culture of my childhood to actually describe experiences like this. It would have been akin to witchcraft, which is a big taboo.

Exactly.

More thoughts...

I'd think it was just me deeply emotionally resounding with others, except that others seem to benefit from touch at the same time that I experience the negative vibes/emotions as I touch them. I'd deny it, because I can't explain it and I hate feeling foolish, except that I've observed their bodies and expressions change. It's interesting.
    I think I think more than you think I think.