First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Intuition to me is basically picking up small seemingly unrelated pieces and putting together a big picture. Sorta like bringing 2 and 2 together to make 5.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lstDdzedgcE"]2+2=5[/YOUTUBE]

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

My sense about people isn't nearly as reliable as what other NFs talk about. I grew up with an INTP friend, so logic came first before intuition about people. I've been paying more attention to Fe, though, so I think the next couple years will have a lot of function growth.

When my intuition hits, its usually when I just glance at a person, because if I look to hard my Ni or Se kicks in before I get anything from Fe. Some days I get more of these 'snippets' than others.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Why would I ignore my intuition? If you have it, it's a gift to be used, not something to talk yourself out of...
    I ignored it on several occasions because I was telling myself : Don't jump to conclusions, don't be so quick to judge others... that sort of deal.

Plus: I think the optimistic me likes to be proven wrong when I get nasty vibes.
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

MBTI
    INFP

Ignoring my intuitions usually turned out to be a mistake.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

So long story short, how much do you NFs out there rely on your intuition? Do you feel that you can accurately "read" people and predict future behaviour? There are times when I didn't trust my gut feeling and I regretted it, but I try to keep an open mind.
    I rely very much on my intuition. I usually know which type of girls to stay away from and not try to be overly friendly with. With boys, I have more of a weakness. I am more open minded and willing to tell my intuition to ssssh and just enjoy it. Sometimes, I take a chance though, if I really like the other person even if s/he is sorta shady in motives/character. Everyone I have ever allowed close to me are good people, though, overall. I highly recommend NFs to trust their intuition, it's like the gift of a sixth sense.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dani_elle View Post
    So long story short, how much do you NFs out there rely on your intuition? Do you feel that you can accurately "read" people and predict future behaviour? There are times when I didn't trust my gut feeling and I regretted it, but I try to keep an open mind.
    I trust my intuition, but I don't necessarily rely on it. I'd prefer to first dig for answers to assuming I already have them. I can usually read people and their intentions accurately, but I still prefer to have solid proof that I'm correct.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm good at picking out what people I'll probably have fun with. I made all my current friends in college by approaching two people at different times in the cafeteria, asking to sit with them, and having my intuition proved correct when I discovered how awesome they were. That led to meeting their friends, which led to two groups merging into one awesome group of awesome.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    So true for me as well. I also rely on my intuition, almost exclusively. I have learned to verify intuition, if I can, but you can't always do this, at least not right away. But I've found my intuition to be correct, almost all the time.

When I enter a room, I get a sense of what people are feeling almost immediately. Recently, I intuited that a man I instantly liked I could trust to a fault and that he would always be on my side (and do me no harm). It's turned out to be very much the truth, time and again. I value intuition so much more than words, because the spoken word is like a filler to me. It's what's underneath the words that I listen to. But, if the words have a soul-truthfullness, then intuition and reality are aligned. I too have learned to cross-check intuition with questions and to listen to the answers to make sure I'm hearing the same thing as I'm feeling.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I agree with Lauren and Tantive, same for me. It's pretty awesome we have this built in system isn't it? lol I'm just getting used to mine and becoming comfortable with it and not being "freaked out" by it. I like the way you put it, words are surface - we are searching and scanning what's under that. I love it :o)