• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs and death

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah, and I'm an ISTJ! Maybe my house will get clean!

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have no intention of discovering how I experience death before I absolutely have to. Sorry not to oblige. I would say I'd get back to you in 40-50 years but there are people higher on my haunting list.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
death has been a personal fascination of mine since i was about 4 years old. i always thought it represented some pinnacle in the shift of human consciousness, not sure why, but this was also in conjunction with a belief that some part of us never dies..

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am convinced some people have died as equally as many times as I did. But I am a hopeless romantic therefore just nod and smile :)

lumikuu

MBTI Type
infj
I think that INFJs experience death differently than all the other types. Being only 0.5% of the entire human population, their function pattern forms a unique way of perception, which also covers death. For other types it is basically just an ending of life, but I imagine INFJs reach a moment a clarity, which actually persists postmortem.

if you tease the possibility that our "unique perspective" and "spiritual insights" act as a defense to prevent their annihilation at death than lol that's kinda funny, except you can't know for sure that there's nothing more to death. it's not about what i want to believe, the realm of possibilities is just so open. it's irrational to fear being asleep, i'm more afraid of being awake, so it makes sense to aspire towards being at one with the universe whether i decompose or reincarnate. don't infps like to be in harmony with everything too (or even moreso)?

All that knowledge gathers into one tiny spot, which is the INFJ's consciousness, and from there starts expanding, but this time with traces of the INFJ in it. An INFJ becomes a part of the universe, in every sense of the word.

now if this part was still attempting to moon infjs- epic fail. that's kind of how i imagine spiritual wholeness, but i don't think experiencing that is exclusive to death or the afterlife, nor do i see myself as some spiritual guru/mystical sage..

death has been a personal fascination of mine since i was about 4 years old. i always thought it represented some pinnacle in the shift of human consciousness, not sure why, but this was also in conjunction with a belief that some part of us never dies..

this. there have been documented cases of near death experiences where people have gained some insight and clarity as a kind of culminating realisation of what their lives were about and what was really important to them.

Chönyid bardo (Tibetan): is the fifth bardo of the luminosity of the true nature which commences after the final 'inner breath' (Sanskrit: prana, vayu; Tibetan: rlung). It is within this Bardo that visions and auditory phenomena occur. In the Dzogchen teachings, these are known as the spontaneously manifesting Thödgal (Tibetan: thod-rgyal) visions. Concomitant to these visions, there is a welling of profound peace and pristine awareness. Sentient beings who have not practiced during their lived experience and/or who do not recognize the clear light (Tibetan: od gsal) at the moment of death are usually deluded throughout the fifth bardo of luminosity.

(screw everything, i think when we die we wake up from the nightmare called life.) :smiley_violin:

G

Ginkgo

When I die, I want my body to be shafted into a titanium coffin. I want it to be elevated into a satellite where a bunch of marines will give me the 21 gun salute. Afterword, I want to be launched from space directly into an active volcano so I can merge with the fire spirits of the universe. Give praise to the mighty sun God Shikaka.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Maybe life is like a relay race, we just pass the baton into another dimension with another timeline. Maybe we exist in lots of dimensions and we simply merge with ourselves 'over there'. I don't believe in heaven. We either exist somehow somewhere else or we're worm food.