User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    That's like trying to control your bladder. Painful, exhausting and you'll eventually explode.

IME, NFs can appriciate the NTJ sense of humor. I get the sense they admire it, in some way. SFs are a different story, though. Careful with that.

I like to hit'em hard. If they say something funny, I react like I'd normally react, see what happens. If they can't handle my sense of humor, how fun is it going to be for me to date them, if I can't ever express joy the way I naturally do? Controlling your sense of humor, would lead them on under false pretenses, a bit. And how do you know they won't love you sense of humor? Maybe that's what makes you separate from other men? If you control your sense of humor, maybe that becomes you fall. But if they end up hating your sense of humor, at least you were true to yourself which makes it easier to live with failure.

I know, it is just that I don't think it is wise to use it much of it in the first few hours of knowing each other. Nothing more.

But I am not talking about dating here I am talking about normal friendships.
    (just saying)

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    ... I am not talking about dating here I am talking about normal friendships.
    (just saying)
    You need to trust more often, and that goes for yourself too!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    You need to trust more often, and that goes for yourself too!
    To be honest I am not sure about what you are talking about ?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

He means you need to go with the flow and trust that things will turn out alright instead of trying to control everything.

I know that that is kinda hard for you though
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

To be honest I am not sure about what you are talking about ?
    Do you trust your own reactions to people?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I know, it is just that I don't think it is wise to use it much of it in the first few hours of knowing each other. Nothing more.

But I am not talking about dating here I am talking about normal friendships.
    (just saying)
    Oh OK, didn't know that. I just read somewhere "show her", or something to that effect, so I just assumed you were talking about girls. And when investigating girls as a subject, sooner or later, you're gonna wanna date some of them.

Anyway, friendships. With friendships there's a lot less at stake and you can relax more. You don't have to bring your A-game. Expand your personality. Experiment more. I like to observe the person first, get a sense of who that person is and then try them out. Hit her/him with jokes, ideas, wit, views, sarcasm, ridiculousness ect. The way they handle these "attacks" determents if he's/she's friendship material. That's how I usually, actively make friends. If I don't care about befriending them, I usually don't bother with this "act".

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    He means you need to go with the flow and trust that things will turn out alright instead of trying to control everything.

I know that that is kinda hard for you though

Well I was thinking that he ment that but I wasn't sure.
    The problem is that if i don't control "something" is quite likely that I will just roll over an NF.

If you know what I mean ?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    ... Anyway, friendships. With friendships there's a lot less at stake and you can relax more. Expand your personality. Experiment more. I like to observe the person first, get a sense of who that person is and then try them out. Hit her/him with jokes, ideas, wit, views, sarcasm, ridiculousness ect. The way they handle these "attacks" determents if he's/she's friendship material. That's how I usually, actively make friends. If I don't care about befriending them, I usually don't bother with this "act".
    Ah,... It's OK to joke around once in while, but pushing them to their limits isn't a good way to determine if they are worthy of your friendship,... That prevents them from being themselves, and that is ultimately the route you don't want to take,... To understand and respect their values is what makes or breaks a friendship.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Well I was thinking that he ment that but I wasn't sure.
    The problem is that if i don't control "something" is quite likely that I will just roll over an NF.

If you know what I mean ?
    We can handle ourselves..just don't make it your mission to push our buttons into annihilation
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Do you trust your own reactions to people?
    I trust myself quite a bit. (perhaps even too much)
    The reason why Fs / NFs can be such a challange is because of the way they communicate.

However just because I am saying all of this that doesn't mean I can't have a succesful conversation with an NF. ( I know I can from experiance)

But what is the real problem here is matching their emotional strenght. So often in conversations with Fs I have asymmetry going on. What mean that the conversation is never natural as much as it should be.
    I could be wrong but to me it looks like that I have a certain tendency to make them insecure.

EDIT: your last post said it all.