User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9-1
    Socionics
    INFp

Um, I feel peoples emotions. Like their energy. I could probably walk into a room with my eyes closed and tell you if the person were feeling positive or negative. Its definitely "default" and I'd turn it off often if I could. A negative mood rubs off on me at home. Even if I'm in a super mood. How many emotions do i recognize? Well its not really concrete like that I think. I mean emotions are simple- the complexity only lies in the degree or if they are mixed with another emotion. I think I get a pretty complete picture of how someone is feeling simply by interacting with them.
    I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.
    (Khalil Gibran from Mary Haskell's Journal June 7, 1912.)

"I'd rather die than live without Mercy and Love" - House of Heroes, Code Name Raven

"I write/Slowly at first/Then the words come quicker/Slow in comparison/To my rapid thoughts/I fall silent/In awe of love"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Talisyn View Post
    I could probably walk into a room with my eyes closed and tell you if the person were feeling positive or negative.
    i hate to sound like an ass, but.. really?

I mean.. i could maybe do the same.. but i would have to listen to their voice at least. I'm not saying i don't believe the people who say stuff like this, i just don't really understand it, i guess.
    for me it's pretty much the same as many others said: body language, voice, past experiences, gut feelings. sometimes i'm way off.. but it's pretty easy for me to understand why most people do the things they do. especially if i can tell that i've been in the same situation before. so i guess i rely on past experiences the most.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

negative energy is much thicker...i know what she means.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

^ me too. i swear i can feel it before the senses take hold. nothing new to me or my kind. i used to think assume that everybody was that way.

magic? mysticism?

who knows? who cares?

but it does work for some of us.

there's always a price to pay though. nothing is free...

oh boy do us "feelers" pay in other ways.

MBTI
    ISFJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9-1
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by soft View Post
    i hate to sound like an ass, but.. really?

You don't sound like an ass, just a little skeptical
    But, yeah, really, and I guess it may sound a little bizarre, but its always been that way for me. Think about the phrase "The air was thick with tension" I believe that comes from the fact that tension can indeed be felt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    negative energy is much thicker...i know what she means.
    Exactly! And thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post
    ^ me too. i swear i can feel it before the senses take hold. nothing new to me or my kind. i used to think assume that everybody was that way.

magic? mysticism?

who knows? who cares?

but it does work for some of us.

there's always a price to pay though. nothing is free...

oh boy do us "feelers" pay in other ways.
    I suppose its being an empath on some level
    I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.
    (Khalil Gibran from Mary Haskell's Journal June 7, 1912.)

"I'd rather die than live without Mercy and Love" - House of Heroes, Code Name Raven

"I write/Slowly at first/Then the words come quicker/Slow in comparison/To my rapid thoughts/I fall silent/In awe of love"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it is..mad feels fast and thick...happiness is light and fast and calm/serene is midweight and slow...and sadness is heavy and slow ...whoa that sounds all kinds of weird. i've actually never thought about it before. haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

it is..mad feels fast and thick...happiness is light and fast and calm/serene is midweight and slow...and sadness is heavy and slow ...whoa that sounds all kinds of weird. i've actually never thought about it before. haha
    That's cause your head is imagining it all.

Seriously people, try going inside a room with people blindfolded and with earplugs and see how your energy indicators work then...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well i don't know what that is but it's felt or experienced like that for some reason.

and...i've mentioned before that you can certainly feel the absence of energy while in a room with someone who has passed....you can't claim something is imagined just because you haven't experienced it personally.

and...just to expand...it's not something felt outside of myself. i think it's absorbed and i feel it internally...i think it also has something to do with that buzz and effusiveness that happens when in company of people who are all light and happy and in good moods...it's absorbed and bubbles over somehow...yep.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

well i don't know what that is but it's felt or experienced like that for some reason.

and...i've mentioned before that you can certainly feel the absence of energy while in a room with someone who has passed....you can't claim something is imagined just because you haven't experienced it personally.

and...just to expand...it's not something felt outside of myself. i think it's absorbed and i feel it internally...i think it also has something to do with that buzz and effusiveness that happens when in company of people who are all light and happy and in good moods...it's absorbed and bubbles over somehow...yep.

Just do the test I suggested and see if you feel the same. Intuitive people that can't explain the "phenomena" they experience. Everything "mystical" in this world is like that. Just because you can't explain it though, doesn't mean there is a way for you to feel this abstract concept called "energy". If it's something that is anywhere else but inside your head, then EVERYONE should be able to experience this.

It's just like empathy and reading people. One doesn't pick a vibe from people. The brain simply processes a lot of the information subconsciously, specially with NFs (abstract perception AND abstract judging).

Lik any emotion, it's not outside of ones body, but rather, inside one's brain.