• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do other types think of INFP's

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
well... I am an enneagram 4. 4w5 although I've tested 5w4.

although 4's like their individuality, so there you go. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am an enneagram 4. 4w5 although I've tested 5w4.

although 4's like their individuality, so there you go. :D

Well that pretty much makes my theory go down the drain. :D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Love 'em and would die for 'em.

Shakespeare and Lao Tzu...

:worthy:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*giggles unmanily* They make me all melty inside.

G

Glycerine

I didn't see a direct reference to me there so I have a hard time being justified in taking it personally espeically since the observation is valid. However, I am slightly entertained that you would think I'd take it personal having read my posts. If you had flat out called me a cold, unfeeling bastard, then I may take that a little more personal; though since we aren't close the effect on me would be minimal. Actually, bastard doesn't really do much to me since I am one by the word's older definition.
yay, glad to hear that. I have had people in the past jump all over me because they seemed to have personalized what I said. Just was making sure and clarifying. :)
Sounds like you're describing half of the 40-60yos I know.

hahahaha yeah, I was somewhat describing a 40 something year old INFP male that I got to know slightly mixed with other INFPs I know.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Who gives a hairy rat's ass?

Type...blah blah blah....pigeon hole...blah blah...generalization...blah...facts overridden by personal opinion....blahblah ....

Excuses for self serving behavior...:rolli:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

Type...blah blah blah....pigeon hole...blah blah...generalization...blah...facts overridden by personal opinion....blahblah ....

Sounds like an indictment of MBTI. Are you not down with it anymore?

Here's my protest sign::happy:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an INFP with typical Ne/Fi dominance but I find that I'm usually on strange grounds with other INFPs. I value NFs for their creative ideas but I don't find myself being as people-focused as them. I've read many INFP descriptors and while I do fit them fairly well I don't like it how they're made out to be incredibly fuzzy. I used to fit into that 'INFP nice guy' mold, and in ways I still do but I've found it to be useless and a doormat invitation. Maybe I'm a bit jaded from the times where my INFP selflessness has doomed me but I consciously strive to avoid that particular infp mold and be a bit more set-apart.

My INFP/ENFP friends are always immediately ready to help one person but this neglects something else (another person or objective that needs to be done). I've been on both sides with them, I don't take it personally anymore but I'd wish they'd think before they drop everything they're doing just to help someone to get friend-points (or whatever it is), because when you're the thing they drop you can't help but guess who or what they consider valuable or more important. I hope that made sense.

A lot of INFPs feel this way actually, including myself.
I could probably stand to be nicer & more selfless in many ways. I've always seen myself as too selfish and self-absorbed in my own little world, and I've had external feedback that confirmed as much.

My understanding of the INFP's altruistic tendencies is that it's on a large scale, not displayed so much in an everyday people-pleasing attitude. So, whenever people describe INFPs that way, I cannot help but be suspicious.

G

Glycerine

:huh: Well, i never did imply that they were facts... it's all based on my personal opinion. Out of curiosity, were you implying that i was engaging in self-serving behavior?

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
A lot of INFPs feel this way actually, including myself.
I could probably stand to be nicer & more selfless in many ways. I've always seen myself as too selfish and self-absorbed in my own little world, and I've had external feedback that confirmed as much.

My understanding of the INFP's altruistic tendencies is that it's on a large scale, not displayed so much in an everyday people-pleasing attitude. So, whenever people describe INFPs that way, I cannot help but be suspicious.

Yeah, I think the INFP has the potential to be really selfless and giving, but only for a cause that's worthy. I.E., for someone they really love. Most of the time the INFP does their own thing.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, i never did imply that they were facts... it's all based on my personal opinion.

I was generalizing...

Although I do think many take the MBTI too seriously, and they need to pull the self-righteousness stick out of their ass.

:D :hug:

G

Glycerine

I was generalizing...

Although I do think many take the MBTI too seriously, and they need to pull the self-righteousness stick out of their ass.

:D :hug:

haha, I apologize if I came off that way. :) Maybelogic wanted me to define what i thought an unhealthy INFP was like so it was a hugely generalized description of the potentially negative traits.

Hazle Weatherfield

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w4
They have their annoying tendencies to preach to me about what's morally right and wrong. Their romantic talk sickens me especially if it's a male INFP. The INFPs I know are male and I find it quite sad when they talk to me about their feelings and romantic fantasies. Since they are close to me they like to tell me about their most disturbing secrets that would change anyone's view of them the other way around. Plus, I find them intolerable when I try and make a decision that they disagree with.

I totally agree with this, by the way. It's one of the things I am constantly working on.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, I think the INFP has the potential to be really selfless and giving, but only for a cause that's worthy. I.E., for someone they really love. Most of the time the INFP does their own thing.

I think that is a reason why some of generalizations don't work with INFPs in that each of us have our own way of evaluating what is worthy and what is not. Let's call it our individual and unique Fis. Unlike facts and logic where everything is black or white, or true and false, there is a lot of grey stuff for me in the way I think. It comes down to how I 'feel' about things, and how I 'feel' would be very different from how another Fi-dom would 'feel'.

For example, I'm a high P so I procrastinate a lot and my table at work is a mess, but I always make it an attempt to be early for meetings and appointments because I value that; and of course being early for meetings means I can find the seat that is most in the corner away from the other people :D

Last edited:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
... but I always make it an attempt to be early for meetings and appointments because I value that; and of course being early for meetings means I can find the seat that is most in the corner away from the other people :D

I do that so I can check the place out, and find a seat where I can watch all the entrances...

Past experience teaches, especially bad experiences.

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
and find a seat where I can watch all the entrances...

LOL. Paranoid, are we? :D I like to sit in the back to observe the whole class lol
I think that is a reason why some of generalizations don't work with INFPs in that each of us have our own way of evaluating what is worthy and what is not.
True. For example, some INFPs may be more shy than other INFPs, and thus appear a lot less 'whiny' as maybe others would.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFPs pretend to be less preoccupied with sex than they are.

INFPs like fatty foods.

INFPs usually really like at least one band or genre that hasn't been considered cool or considered at all in at least 10 years

INFPs have nerdy collector tendencies but they don't usually fess up to it like some NTs do.