• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do other types think of INFP's

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love INFPs because they are mysterious, sensitive and have an integrity that can only be admired! I think any type that can couple sensitivity with strength the way you guys do have got it going on!!!! :D:D:D :wubbie:

LEGERdeMAIN

This thread is ridiculous....

In-war.jpg

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I don't like it when they side with groups or build groups of people, who "share the same intrests". Besides that I can deal with anything and what's even more frigthening I am LONGING for everything xD

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Adorable (but slightly creepy) teddy bears that need hugs.

enfp1091

MBTI Type
ENFP
I haven't met one. Well, not that I know. But I really want to meet one. I don't know how to type people.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Subjective.

Subjective.

Subjective.

Subjective.

If you can't consider people's feelings, your logic becomes thinner than paper.

Wow this has gone on for way too long, why do people honestly care about his opinion and not mine? Mine seemed more offensive.

I don't typically consider people's FEELINGS in MY opinions. They're opinions! Personally held judgments, not pertaining to others. Do you do that? Oh right, Fe type, not Fi.

Overly sensitive, irrational, respond negatively to reality when it hits them (which absolutely blows my mind), care too much about the most idiotic things (reserve your care for what is important, not for everything), etc.

Attack me now!

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I would love to see the armies that would come from single MBTI groups.

lol I was laughing reading this whole thread, this one is silly though, intj's would be like, wtf are we doing conforming amongst ourselves in a big group? Then we'd all quit.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Wow this has gone on for way too long, why do people honestly care about his opinion and not mine? Mine seemed more offensive.

He's a muggle and you're just a blood traitor.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing said in here is really helpful because it is sooo vague, and about half of it makes me think people are typing other types as INFPs, which I think happens a lot. I think ISFXs and INFJs get mistyped as INFPs a lot.

Like the "whiny" thing. I hardly have a chance to whine because I am always having to listen to other people whine & be handing out sympathy. People dump on INFPs a lot, but apparently INFPs are not allowed to vent. Not to mention, only the most trusted of the trusted will ever hear my real feelings (save the occasional, anonymous, online vent :p).

/whine

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It's possible that some people are typing ISFXs or INFJs as INFPs because of the whining stereotype. But I also see a pattern of negative trait denial with INFPs. Anytime anything negative is said, even if it's a typical, by-the-book INFP weak spot, it either gets sequestered off into the corner with those "unhealthy" INFPs, or blamed on mistyping. Every INFP is apparently an exception to the rule (e.g., "but I never foist my emotions on other people like all those other INFPs." Or, "huh, I never take criticism that badly, I must be one of the more healthy INFPs.") Not to say that it isn't true in any individual case. It's just a pattern I notice with INFPs. They seem to bristle defensively whenever negative characteristics of the type are mentioned.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ That's true, but I see that in every type critique thread.

I guess I would just be expecting to hear moody, or aloof, overly quiet, always late etc. Things that are more closed-off, not such open displays. To see my whiny side, you have to be my mom or best friend or something.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
^ That's true, but I see that in every type critique thread.

I guess I would just be expecting to hear moody, or aloof, overly quiet, always late etc. Things that are more closed-off, not such open displays. To see my whiny side, you have to be my mom or best friend or something.

I guess that's true. To be fair, though, these people are presumably speaking from experience with their good friends.

Qre:us

INFP: Love em when they are high

All natural. Homegrown, baby. :smoke:

Some day great wars will be fought between MBTI types......

V

And we'd ally with the ents, hell yeah!

:happy: <-- that's a victory sign. (squint eyes real hard, and turn head sideways, to the left....more, a bit more, more....ha! made ya do it, sucka infps! oh, no denial either.)

I would love to see the armies that would come from single MBTI groups.

Ohh, what an interesting thread topic!

Edit: You're a do-er! I like that:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/bonfire/22049-type-armies.html

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Orangey - excellent post on a touchy subject. That type of behavior holds many INFPs back, I think. Although personal growth isn't necessarily a goal of many INFPs.

Because your post wasn't that offensive, and you backed up your points a bit better. PLUS, you were just another INFP that was making an off topic post (as the topic is OTHER types' opinions on INFPs :D).

Compare that to:

INFPs.... :thumbdown:
My experience with them is that they can get unbearably annoying when they become a close friend.
If I tell them they're unbearably annoying they go into sulky, 'I want to be alone' mode.

"Unbearably annoying" is a subjective term that could say more about the poster than it does about the INFP friend.

Also, who tells someone they are "unbearably annoying" and then uses the negative reaction to judge them harshly? Seriously. What kind of response did they expect?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

I don't typically consider people's FEELINGS in MY opinions. They're opinions! Personally held judgments, not pertaining to others. Do you do that? Oh right, Fe type, not Fi.

Attack me now!

Ahaha, I actually laughed. Honestly, your post wasn't 'offensive' because you didn't say you don't care to consider people's feelings and speak as if your opinion was objective. Also, I wasn't really talking about his opinion when discussing feelings, rather that his attempts to argue with logic become rash without considering people's feelings or their emotional state. You see, logic is great, and it works perfectly with science, but when logic is applied harshly to people, it yields bad results. For example, the rejection of considering anyone's feelings. I've gone full circle, but I'm not sure I've explained my reasoning well.

Anyway, please don't mind my attempts at explaining my convictions.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Although personal growth isn't necessarily a goal of many INFPs.

Really? It seems like a goal of most INFPs. INFPs over the age of 30 seem a lot more palatable, and I suspect it's from a constant self-analysis and striving to meet their idealized self.

Even at 25 I think I am already more likable, or maybe that's an improved self-esteem, which should make me more likable in theory though.

These critique threads disappoint me, because I feel I could rake myself over the coals so much better. It's just a lot of weak, unspecific stuff; even the praise is pretty generic (and notice this thread does not only ask for the negative points).