• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do other types think of INFP's

tisina

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I have an INFP friend, girl. I find her to be quite overdramatic, and impossible to debate with over anything without hurting her feelings or getting insulted/offended.
she's frustrating. she's (generally) immature too, that might just be the age though.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
define unhealthy infp.

Theres a thread here in NF idyllic, with almost that exact title I think. Look back a bit and you'll come across it, its not from too far back.

In short: "Nothing matters but me and my feelings" pretty much sums it up

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why do you allow them to become close friends? Can't you see their character before they become close friends, and 'unbearable annoying'?
Seriously, if this is the best you can come up with...then maybe you are trolling. No?

Rest assured, I won't hold your trolling against all INTJ's. That would be simply illogical...
Oh? I'm sure the thread was "What do other types think of INFP's" not "All the the things you love about INFPs". Surely you did not expect everyone to give INFPs compliments and flattery. If anything, you sound like like a twelve year old who just had their 'feelings hurt'. Go whine elsewhere.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh? I'm sure the thread was "What do other types think of INFP's" not "All the the things you love about INFPs". Surely you did not expect everyone to give INFPs compliments and flattery. If anything, you sound like like a twelve year old who just had their 'feelings hurt'. Go whine elsewhere.

People tend to get struck down for being honest.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People tend to get struck down for being honest.
Yea, It's quite sad. People only expect you to say what they want you to say. :dont:

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
INFPs.... :thumbdown:
My experience with them is that they can get unbearably annoying when they become a close friend.
If I tell them they're unbearably annoying they go into sulky, 'I want to be alone' mode.

Wouldn't this be a good thing then (that they desire to be left alone)? Because that would mean that you would be left alone as well and no longer be unbearably annoyed by the INFP?

Perhaps it is the sulkiness you mean, their manner of going about being alone. Either way, wouldn't you prefer they leave you instead of staying in your presence and continuing to unbearably annoy you?

Is there something you would prefer the INFP to do after receiving your comment? Change for you? Leave you alone? Or just realize that you consider them "annoying" and not get offended? Or... something else? Perhaps I am just assuming too much.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yea, It's quite sad. People only expect you to say what they want you to say. :dont:

Oh noes, human beings are subject to projection bias! The fright! The horror! However will the species survive?!?!?!?!?!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ ....lovely

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I only tease you because I love you. :D

ETA: That is also teasing you. It's recursive!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm curious, do you think of us as the desciption says or does anyone see if we have a potential for something more?

I don't know about seeing potential but I find most INFP's interesting and fun people with amazingly similar thought process than I have.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This thread makes me feel like there's a whole lot of emotionally instable INFPs out there that are seriously in need some therapy so as to stop ruining the general opinion of us. I'm beginning to really resent being painted with the same brush.

On the other hand it makes me feel better because I seem very much together by comparison. :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^ Interesting concept, actually. There are probably a lot of messed up every type running around, maybe some people hide it more than INFPs?

INFP: Love em when they are high, but when they are low they can end up convinced that things won't change, can't change and don't try to change their mind or encourage them or you are part of the problem! For some reason the highs and lows seem more pronounced than with other types.

Also intelligent, witty and creative. I'm always finding a comment on the forum here or there from an INFP that just cracks me up. I also love how encouraging they are toward their friends' growth.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INFP: Love em when they are high, but when they are low they can end up convinced that things won't change, can't change and don't try to change their mind or encourage them or you are part of the problem! For some reason the highs and lows seem more pronounced than with other types.

This is true. A Fi-dom out of control is pathetic and contrary. I won't argue, but it stands to reason that our experience of being ridiculous contributes to our sympathizing with the infinite variety of mortal flaws. Maybe we can't have healthy, mature INFPs without silly, inexperienced INFPs?

Also intelligent, witty and creative. I'm always finding a comment on the forum here or there from an INFP that just cracks me up.

Thank you! (I hope I'm included.) I ride the knife's edge between nonsense and arrogance. Like democracy, I think that comedy is the worst mode possible except for everything else.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
They have their annoying tendencies to preach to me about what's morally right and wrong. Their romantic talk sickens me especially if it's a male INFP. The INFPs I know are male and I find it quite sad when they talk to me about their feelings and romantic fantasies. Since they are close to me they like to tell me about their most disturbing secrets that would change anyone's view of them the other way around. Plus, I find them intolerable when I try and make a decision that they disagree with.

haha, I think they're okay, they mean well overall, but some can get over emotional.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Actually, that was a good question.

Why would you let people like that become your close friends? I know I wouldn't.

On topic: I hate INFPs with passion. But I hate them less than the other types.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ If there is mutual trust and respect between the two of us I would very much say that we were friends whether or not I have a good opinion of them. I may hate someone and be friends with him as well as like someone and not be friends with him.

notsweetynice

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I had an INFP best friend in highschool...We ended up 'breaking up' as best friends. Things that bothered me:

1) Played a very convincing victim...But then eventually she accused me of victimizing her as well...Not cool

2) Accused others including me of being 'bad people', not as nice and sweet as she was.

3) Really depressive and self absorbed, thinking everyone has it easier than her

Now all of my best female friends are Ts...Fs are cool some of the time, but I've learned to keep my distance. They are just too hot and cold...One minute they like you, the next they are angry about something. I don't need that in my life.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Should INFP's be responding to these threads?...

Sure, we can be both sensitive, and insensitive. But lets face it, people piss people off when values clash.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm fine with healthy/mature INFPs, but they're one of the few Ns I get easily tired of. I'm agreeing with the majority here (I hate doing this) that they get a little too whiny and self-absorbed. What will set me off about them: when someone gets the appreciation they deserve and an INFP complains how they didn't get the same treatment.

@Ragingkatsuki: People have feelings and some of them want to talk about them. Get over it. Stop with the objective "right" way of living/feeling. The world doesn't work that way.