User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 247

  1. #41
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    I'm fine with healthy/mature INFPs, but they're one of the few Ns I get easily tired of. I'm agreeing with the majority here (I hate doing this) that they get a little too whiny and self-absorbed.
    +1 That and when they get into their "why can't we all just get along" mode.

  2. #42
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    This is true. A Fi-dom out of control is pathetic and contrary. I won't argue, but it stands to reason that our experience of being ridiculous contributes to our sympathizing with the infinite variety of mortal flaws. Maybe we can't have healthy, mature INFPs without silly, inexperienced INFPs?
    I love the way you just throw that in there like it's obvious. How does "being ridiculous" work? I think I know what you mean, but I'm not sure.

  3. #43
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Overly sensitive, irrational, respond negatively to reality when it hits them (which absolutely blows my mind), care too much about the most idiotic things (reserve your care for what is important, not for everything), etc.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #44
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    @Ragingkatsuki: People have feelings and some of them want to talk about them. Get over it. Stop with the objective "right" way of living/feeling. The world doesn't work that way.
    I have stated my opinion on INFPs. It's just you and other people whining about my opinion. Don't be stupid. If I don't want to listen to someone's feelings it's my choice.

  5. #45
    Senior Member rainoneventide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    365

    Default

    I shouldn't be posting, but I annoy myself so freaking much.
    So... I sympathize with people who have had to weather an INFP's melodramatic, indignant storm of thundering emotions, lol.

    Most of us are stuck in our minds the majority of the time--it's hard to step back and take a good look at ourselves and how we interact with the rest of the world.

    I think it's important to honestly communicate with us about our perceived shortcomings, because we will internalize your criticism and use it in some way to grow. Or we'll get really pissed and later mull over why we got so pissed.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

  6. #46
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Oh? I'm sure the thread was "What do other types think of INFP's" not "All the the things you love about INFPs". Surely you did not expect everyone to give INFPs compliments and flattery. If anything, you sound like like a twelve year old who just had their 'feelings hurt'. Go whine elsewhere.
    NOOOO! How could you say something like that? That's mean and I don't like you! This is sooo unfair!
    ^^
    That's whiney. What I wrote was not that. Can you tell the difference?
    I asked you a question that related to the lack of coherence in your original post, and I did so because I have become annoyed at all of the silly stereotypes on this board, which your post seemed to support.
    (HINT: If I didn't have INFP under my avatar, you wouldn't have called me 'whiney', since NOTHING in my post was whiney. Do you get it? You came in spouting a BS Ďopinioní based on what? A stereotype, mostly).
    AndÖINFPís make up ~1% of the population. I have known about 6 or 7 in my life. How many do you really know? 2 or 3? Is that enough for you to make statements about INFP as a group? I think not.

    You called your Ďfriendsí
    - unbearably annoying
    -insufferable
    -preachy
    - their words Ďsickení you
    -intolerable
    -whiney

    Who exactly is the whiner here? How else do you describe this litany of complaint, based on a handful of (probably apocryphal) anecdotes?
    And what kind of a friend are you to them? Certainly not a flexible, accepting or nonjudgmental one, as evidenced by your own statements.

    Can INFPís whine? Sure, some do. Can they be irrational; and use exaggerations to make their points? At times, yes, but it appears that INTJís can be guilty of this as wellÖ

  7. #47
    „Āę„āÉ„āď runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Awwww muffin...

    Beautiful examples of why I seem to get along better with rationals IRL...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #48
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I asked you a question that related to the lack of coherence in your original post, and I did so because I have become annoyed at all of the silly stereotypes on this board, which your post seemed to support.
    What I said before regarding your question:
    If there is mutual trust and respect between the two of us I would very much say that we were friends whether or not I have a good opinion of them. I may hate someone and be friends with him as well as like someone and not be friends with him.
    There is your question answered.

    (HINT: If I didn't have INFP under my avatar, you wouldn't have called me 'whiney', since NOTHING in my post was whiney. Do you get it? You came in spouting a BS Ďopinioní based on what? A stereotype, mostly).
    AndÖINFPís make up ~1% of the population. I have known about 6 or 7 in my life. How many do you really know? 2 or 3? Is that enough for you to make statements about INFP as a group? I think not.
    No. I never called any INFP whiny. Only you.
    The fact you stated I was trolling was what brought me to call you a whiny 12 year old. I suggest you do some research on what trolling is. You clearly don't know.
    You called your Ďfriendsí
    - unbearably annoying
    -insufferable
    -preachy
    - their words Ďsickení you
    -intolerable
    -whiney
    If you consider me your friend I would understand the last one on the list.

    Who exactly is the whiner here? How else do you describe this litany of complaint, based on a handful of (probably apocryphal) anecdotes?
    And what kind of a friend are you to them? Certainly not a flexible, accepting or nonjudgmental one, as evidenced by your own statements.

    Can INFPís whine? Sure, some do. Can they be irrational; and use exaggerations to make their points? At times, yes, but it appears that INTJís can be guilty of this as wellÖ
    I only state my opinion as it is. I'm talking by experience, not by stereotype. In fact, I've never really heard any bad things about INFPs so I'm not sure about how bad the stereotypes label them. Just so you know, I consider my friends my friends. I would never backstab them and if they need help in anything I will help as they would also do to me. It wouldn't change my opinion of them though.

  9. #49
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    If there is mutual trust and respect between the two of us I would very much say that we were friends whether or not I have a good opinion of them. I may hate someone and be friends with him as well as like someone and not be friends with him.
    Thatís your answer? Itís a good try, but I donít believe that you can hate someone and be friends with them at the same time. It just does make sense. Nice back-pedaling though.

    No. I never called any INFP whiny. Only you.
    The fact you stated I was trolling was what brought me to call you a whiny 12 year old. I suggest you do some research on what trolling is. You clearly don't know.


    Again: It is my suspicion that you decided to call me whiney because of stereotyping, since my post was not whiney. Of corse I can't prove that...

    Quote:
    You called your Ďfriendsí
    - unbearably annoying
    -insufferable
    -preachy
    - their words Ďsickení you
    -intolerable
    -whiney
    If you consider me your friend I would understand the last one on the list.


    Huh? I donít consider you my friend, so maybe thatís the reason your statement is so confusing.
    I only state my opinion as it is. I'm talking by experience, not by stereotype. In fact, I've never really heard any bad things about INFPs so I'm not sure about how bad the stereotypes label them. Just so you know, I consider my friends my friends. I would never backstab them and if they need help in anything I will help as they would also do to me. It wouldn't change my opinion of them though.
    So youíre protective of your unbearably annoying, insufferable, preachy, intolerable and sickening friends? Great for you.
    It's truly sad that MBTI is used not as a means of understanding self, but as a means of generating and perpetuating false steroetypes, of all types, not just infp's...there is not a thread on here that can't be seen in that light.

  10. #50
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Some day great wars will be fought between MBTI types......
    ‚ÄúSome people will tell you that slow is good ‚Äď but I‚Äôm here to tell you that fast is better. I‚Äôve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it‚Äôs caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba‚Ķ‚ÄĚ


Similar Threads

  1. What do ISTJ'S think of ENFJ'S?
    By CocoB in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 01:06 AM
  2. What do y'all think of MMA?
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 11:25 AM
  3. What do you really think of me?
    By Phantonym in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 11:29 AM
  4. [ESFJ] what do you guys think of ESFJ girls?
    By niki in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
  5. What do you honestly think of yourself?
    By Atomic Fiend in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO