User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

well... I am an enneagram 4. 4w5 although I've tested 5w4.

although 4's like their individuality, so there you go.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    I am an enneagram 4. 4w5 although I've tested 5w4.

although 4's like their individuality, so there you go.
    Well that pretty much makes my theory go down the drain.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Love 'em and would die for 'em.

Shakespeare and Lao Tzu...

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

*giggles unmanily* They make me all melty inside.
    Love is the point.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I didn't see a direct reference to me there so I have a hard time being justified in taking it personally espeically since the observation is valid. However, I am slightly entertained that you would think I'd take it personal having read my posts. If you had flat out called me a cold, unfeeling bastard, then I may take that a little more personal; though since we aren't close the effect on me would be minimal. Actually, bastard doesn't really do much to me since I am one by the word's older definition.
    yay, glad to hear that. I have had people in the past jump all over me because they seemed to have personalized what I said. Just was making sure and clarifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    Sounds like you're describing half of the 40-60yos I know.
    hahahaha yeah, I was somewhat describing a 40 something year old INFP male that I got to know slightly mixed with other INFPs I know.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Who gives a hairy rat's ass?

Type...blah blah blah....pigeon hole...blah blah...generalization...blah...facts overridden by personal opinion....blahblah ....

Excuses for self serving behavior...:rolli:

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post

Type...blah blah blah....pigeon hole...blah blah...generalization...blah...facts overridden by personal opinion....blahblah ....

Sounds like an indictment of MBTI. Are you not down with it anymore?

Here's my protest sign:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    I'm an INFP with typical Ne/Fi dominance but I find that I'm usually on strange grounds with other INFPs. I value NFs for their creative ideas but I don't find myself being as people-focused as them. I've read many INFP descriptors and while I do fit them fairly well I don't like it how they're made out to be incredibly fuzzy. I used to fit into that 'INFP nice guy' mold, and in ways I still do but I've found it to be useless and a doormat invitation. Maybe I'm a bit jaded from the times where my INFP selflessness has doomed me but I consciously strive to avoid that particular infp mold and be a bit more set-apart.

My INFP/ENFP friends are always immediately ready to help one person but this neglects something else (another person or objective that needs to be done). I've been on both sides with them, I don't take it personally anymore but I'd wish they'd think before they drop everything they're doing just to help someone to get friend-points (or whatever it is), because when you're the thing they drop you can't help but guess who or what they consider valuable or more important. I hope that made sense.
    A lot of INFPs feel this way actually, including myself.
    I could probably stand to be nicer & more selfless in many ways. I've always seen myself as too selfish and self-absorbed in my own little world, and I've had external feedback that confirmed as much.

My understanding of the INFP's altruistic tendencies is that it's on a large scale, not displayed so much in an everyday people-pleasing attitude. So, whenever people describe INFPs that way, I cannot help but be suspicious.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post

Well, i never did imply that they were facts... it's all based on my personal opinion. Out of curiosity, were you implying that i was engaging in self-serving behavior?

MBTI
    AHH!

A lot of INFPs feel this way actually, including myself.
    I could probably stand to be nicer & more selfless in many ways. I've always seen myself as too selfish and self-absorbed in my own little world, and I've had external feedback that confirmed as much.

My understanding of the INFP's altruistic tendencies is that it's on a large scale, not displayed so much in an everyday people-pleasing attitude. So, whenever people describe INFPs that way, I cannot help but be suspicious.
    Yeah, I think the INFP has the potential to be really selfless and giving, but only for a cause that's worthy. I.E., for someone they really love. Most of the time the INFP does their own thing.