First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I think it would provide an interesting contrast. NT's approach the world differently from NF's; thus wouldn't be as slanted/biased towards NF approaches. NF's getting feedback from other NF's will in general tend to be more warm and fuzzy, and biased; NF's getting feedback from NT's, SP's, and SJ's would be that much more interesting and perhaps more objective. After all, we are talking about perceptions of a type; doesn't mean the perceptions are 'accurate' in all ways, and doesn't mean the NT's/SP's/SJ's are really gonna peg the correct motivation for said behavior or anything - it's just how said behavior is perceived.

Just as SP's would get a different perception/feedback/slant from non-SP's, just as SJ's would get different feedback from non-SJ's than from fellow SJ's, etc.
    Exactly...why not the SP or SJ forum?

I disagree about warm/fuzzy feedback anyway. Read this thread; it's mostly negative even though negative feedback was not all that was asked for.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Exactly...why not the SP or SJ forum?

I disagree about warm/fuzzy feedback anyway. Read this thread; it's mostly negative even though negative feedback was not all that was asked for.
    Eh...I wasn't taking the NT forum thing super literally, I guess...I was just taking it as an example location of where the thread might be better placed.

As for warm/fuzzy, I didn't mean that didn't imply negative feedback, it was more the manner in which the feedback was provided. NF's tend to at least attempt to take a more diplomatic, softer approach to providing negatives, whereas NT's tend to not care so much about the manner of delivery. (and yes, of course I'm making generalizations here )

Anyhow...it's not like the other NF's don't receive just as much criticism. I mean, there's so much Fe-hate/dislike/distrust out there, there's the whole J/P divide and strengths/weaknesses tied to that...INFP's certainly aren't the only NF's who get negative feedback.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Most of us just can't take it worth shit, that's all...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    define unhealthy infp.
    The opposite of healthy... highly cynical, JADED (probably crushed idealism), constantly moody, closed minded w/ their beliefs, "woe is me", "the world is out to get me", "no one likes the nice guy", nonconformist elitism. Unhealthy INFP is pretty much the cariciture (sp?) of the type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    The opposite of healthy... highly cynical, JADED (probably crushed idealism), constantly moody, closed minded w/ their beliefs, "woe is me", "the world is out to get me", "no one likes the nice guy", nonconformist elitism. Unhealthy INFP is pretty much the cariciture (sp?) of the type.
    Sounds like me only I'm more sure most of my problems are my own doing.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, you can't blame other types for playing what is essentially type favoritism. It's natural to think that what's yours is best.

On that note, INFPs cannot be blamed for responding to the claims made by others, nor can the other types be rebuked for making what are perceived as "negative" remarks about INFPs. When people are painted in an unfavorable manner, they naturally wish to defend themselves and "correct" the unflattering comments made about them. These types of threads are inevitably doomed to descend into a state of perpetual contention between the indignant side receiving the critique, and the increasingly annoyed side that delivers it.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Sounds like me only I'm more sure most of my problems are my own doing.
    sorry. I wasn't aiming it at you. That was just my general impression of what I noticed about unhealthy INFPs. I hope that you didn't take it personally because I do like reading your posts and such. ENFJs and any other type can be unhealthy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Well, you can't blame other types for playing what is essentially type favoritism. It's natural to think that what's yours is best.

On that note, INFPs cannot be blamed for responding to the claims made by others, nor can the other types be rebuked for making what are perceived as "negative" remarks about INFPs. When people are painted in an unfavorable manner, they naturally wish to defend themselves and "correct" the unflattering comments made about them. These types of threads are inevitably doomed to descend into a state of perpetual contention between the indignant side receiving the critique, and the increasingly annoyed side that delivers it.
    If you are referring to what I posted, I was just defining what I thought was an unhealthy INFP in response to what someone asked. In fact, INFPs are actually one of my favorite types. My original comment was something like "I tend to like INFPs. The healthy ones are awesome to the max and the unhealthy ones are awful. haha, that applies to pretty much any type but they (INFPs) are one of my favorites"

Sounds like you're describing half of the 40-60yos I know.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

sorry. I wasn't aiming it at you. That was just my general impression of what I noticed about unhealthy INFPs. I hope that you didn't take it personally because I do like reading your posts and such. ENFJs and any other type can be unhealthy too.
    I didn't see a direct reference to me there so I have a hard time being justified in taking it personally espeically since the observation is valid. However, I am slightly entertained that you would think I'd take it personal having read my posts. If you had flat out called me a cold, unfeeling bastard, then I may take that a little more personal; though since we aren't close the effect on me would be minimal. Actually, bastard doesn't really do much to me since I am one by the word's older definition.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

This is why we need a type war, to settle our claims of supremacy once and for all.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte