User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

IME, INFPs, like the INTP, get stuck in a rut a lot. I get the sense that they get overwhelmed a lot and feels unhappy with their situation. Many INFPs I've talked to have also experienced outer pressure of changing themselves, feeling different and not fitting in. Do you relate?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I am purposefully making you mad! My feelings so so SOOOO matter in a conversation, you must accommodate!

But thanks.
    It's easy to start arguing with me. It's hard to piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    How does it feel to have done to you, what you are doing to others.
    That's what the person meant.

You can't write "blah blah bah, you don't even know me,"
    and then turn around and poke an INFP in the eye, who you do not even know.

You leave yourself wide open for someone to call you a hypocrite.
    And we know Ts "should" value fairness, right?
    I was not trying to insult the INFPs in this thread (but one so tempted me to do so). I was giving my opinion based on my experience and trying to justify my points based on that experience. They have brought it upon themselves to start judging me based on my opinions.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Yeah, we tend to take any sort of criticism really badly, even non criticism -_-. It's the sort of thing you know is stupid, and irrational, and kind've neurotic, but...

Extream example: It's like if you live in a world where really terrible child abuse is normal, but on the inside, you still react like you would in this one.

I think it's about having a harsh inner critic, and if the person you feel is the only good part of you gets put down, it's kind've soul destroying. Not exactly, but...that sort've idea. You then worry that every even remotely bad thing ever said about you is true. Kind've a victim complex...That's my interpretation anyway.

EDIT: I don't want to dissuade people from honesty in the slightest, quite the opposite, just trying to kinda give an insight to the stupid amounts of sensitive.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    IME, INFPs, like the INTP, get stuck in a rut a lot. I get the sense that they get overwhelmed a lot and feels unhappy with their situation. Many INFPs I've talked to have also experienced outer pressure of changing themselves, feeling different and not fitting in. Do you relate?
    Too often. It's like damned if I do, damned if I don't. Almost like I need to truely kill something inside to move forward or nothing happens, and it hurts when I do. I'm thinking it's just something I have to deal with though, as the pain won't end till I finally die.

Edit: In a way I'm kind of thankful for the pain though. It helps me make damn sure I'm making the right move before I make it. With out the pain I'm not sure I could make as many good decisions as I have. As irrational as that may sound...

Edit2: I suppose it also reminds me that I'm alive.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Too often. It's like damned if I do, damned if I don't. Almost like I need to truely kill something inside to move forward or nothing happens, and it hurts when I do. I'm thinking it's just something I have to deal with though, as the pain won't end till I finally die.
    Funny you should say this. I'm talking to my INFP friend on IM. I asked what she was doing, and she said she was writing a list of things that bug her so she can easier address them. Then she started saying she's not structured enough or organized enough and that she think it's hard that she hasn't developed these traits yet. She's 23. Then she said something about that she didn't feel like she was living her own life, rather that she was living someone else's life. I get the sense that her family's constantly trying to change and mold her into being more like them; all hard Js and very conformal. So she feels like she does not fit in at home, that they don't understand her and that they have nothing in common, but that she has gotten used to it. She seems confused about her priorities and her wants.

Is she depressed or just in a rut/bad phase? How can I help? She's a brilliant woman. I told her to accept that her family is just a bunch of individuals she didn't choose to know and live with. That she didn't have to feel obligated to understand and "belong" to them. I also gave her an escape rout: told her she could come stay at my apartment if she needed to get away. But I can't seem to comfort her or make her stop feeling bad. When I ask about one thing, 20 other things seem to come up.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Funny you should say this. I'm talking to my INFP friend on IM. I asked what she was doing, and she said she was writing a list of things that bug her so she can easier address them. Then she started saying she's not structured enough or organized enough and that she think it's hard that she hasn't developed these traits yet. She's 23. Then she said something about that she didn't feel like she was living her own life, rather that she was living someone else's life. I get the sense that her family's constantly trying to change and mold her into being more like them; all hard Js and very conformal. So she feels like she does not fit in at home, that they don't understand her and that they have nothing in common, but that she has gotten used to it. She seems confused about her priorities and her wants.

Is she depressed or just in a rut/bad phase? How can I help? She's a brilliant woman. I told her to accept that her family is just a bunch of individuals she didn't choose to know and live with. That she didn't have to feel obligated to understand and "belong" to them. I also gave her an escape rout: told her she could come stay at my apartment if she needed to get away. But I can't seem to comfort her or make her stop feeling bad. When I ask about one thing, 20 other things seem to come up.
    ya that sucks...I guess she doesn't have a structured path.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    It's easy to start arguing with me. It's hard to piss me off.
    Happy Bidet!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^^^ Introduce her to MBTI perhaps(that's what worked for me..seeing that it *was* ok to be me and there *were* others weird like me in this world and they could be appreciated, as could I, for who we are by others) and show her that her preferences are perfectly ok and she's not harming anyone by being herself. Takes a while for that to sink in as the value of 'being true to yourself' constantly fights the value of 'valuing everyone's input'. Finding that balance is..extremely taxing and a lot of work. Also, never judge her if she *does* voice an opinion. Acknowledge that it has value, even if you disagree with it (which you then can exlpain as your pov later on).

She has a long road ahead of her, but it's well worth the journey. Just get her to break the loop of self-doubt, rebellion and guilt she's stuck in.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Happy Bidet!
    HAHAHAHA!!! I swear that was so unexpected! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post