cookies anyone? ...or this haha

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Note to self- Next time I talk to Ragingkatsuki I should ramble on about morality and how he is feeling.
    Why would you do that? I find you very interesting to talk to. You have a very balanced mind and you understand exactly how to deal with others. Plus you don't run me over with feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    stop enduring it! you're doing it as we speak lol rather than stick around and face their "wrath," it's prob best to drop it and not look behind. by being here you are doing what you say you detest, which is hang around INFPs who are whining and bitching and getting you involved and close.
    Not really. The INFPs here haven't opened themselves to me which gives us a more healthy discussion (although I doubt it's healthy at all)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Idealist View Post
    Do I understand it? Yes, or course I do. Do I agree or empathize? Not in the least.
    Are you just continuing my quote or talking about your reaction to my post?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    cookies anyone? ...or this haha
    Just being bad kitty...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Why would you do that? I find you very interesting to talk to. You have a very balanced mind and you understand exactly how to deal with others. Plus you don't run me over with feelings.
    I am purposefully making you mad! My feelings so so SOOOO matter in a conversation, you must accommodate!

But thanks.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    How does what feel?
    How does it feel to have done to you, what you are doing to others.
    That's what the person meant.

You can't write "blah blah bah, you don't even know me,"
    and then turn around and poke an INFP in the eye, who you do not even know.

You leave yourself wide open for someone to call you a hypocrite.
    And we know Ts "should" value fairness, right?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    It's possible that some people are typing ISFXs or INFJs as INFPs because of the whining stereotype. But I also see a pattern of negative trait denial with INFPs. Anytime anything negative is said, even if it's a typical, by-the-book INFP weak spot, it either gets sequestered off into the corner with those "unhealthy" INFPs, or blamed on mistyping. Every INFP is apparently an exception to the rule (e.g., "but I never foist my emotions on other people like all those other INFPs." Or, "huh, I never take criticism that badly, I must be one of the more healthy INFPs.") Not to say that it isn't true in any individual case. It's just a pattern I notice with INFPs. They seem to bristle defensively whenever negative characteristics of the type are mentioned.
    Yeah, I know, I know, this thread has died a slow death and isn't of much use anymore, but I'm gonna chime in again.

I think this is true. While most types are going to get defensive when weaknesses/negative traits are brought up (and will get defensive in different ways, as Elaur pointed out in one of her posts), I do definitely notice a trend with INFP's.

Now I'm not saying being sensitive is a 'bad' trait, as heaven knows I'm pretty sensitive myself, but INFP's seem to be really, really sensitive, and often it appears they take even constructive, relatively benign, feedback in an overly personal way. Certainly it may be understandable, given the way some people communicate, but it does seem to be a trend. I think other types are able to detach (for lack of a better word) better and view critique as more of a constructive thing - not implying the thing being critiqued is inherently bad, it just might be more palatable if honed a bit more, or said trait might be more 'powerful', positive, and useful if wielded/focused in a different way.

So...hmm...another aspect of this I notice is that Fi-doms seem to have a harder time accepting the fact that there are many equally valid, non-Fi-dom, perspectives out there, and just because one individual doesn't particularly value Fi as a primary means of interpreting/navigating through the world, doesn't mean that person thinks Fi, or the Fi-dom person, is 'bad' or wrong. It's not personal, it's just a different perspective.

One other thing I've noticed, and I have no doubt this will be taken the wrong way. I think sometimes Fi-doms tend to come across as feeling Fi is the uber-function, the function that is the awesomest of all functions. (I chatted with a friend on here a while back about this phenomena, and she laughed and said it's perhaps analagous to Ti-dom's thinking Ti is the uber-function ) To be honest, that comes across a little...silly. What about the other 7 functions? Are they not equally valid/awesome in their own way? I just haven't recognized this phenomena *as much* amongst the other dominant function users - i.e. Se, Ne, Ni, Fe, Te....
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP

Pipe down, INFPs. Let the non-INFPs speak.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Pipe down, INFPs. Let the non-INFPs speak.
    Isn't this the "What do INFPs think of what other types think of INFP's" thread?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I think the reason for the defensiveness is that the implication is that INFP are ok *until* you get close to them and once you do they suck. Isn't that the fear of the "deeper" personality types that don't open up to everyone?

But it says outloud a fear INFPs actually have. "Once I get to know you I don't like you"

This is THE fear that many INFPs harbor, as evidenced by endless postings of such on INFPgc. This is why INFPs may become withdrawn, keep a wall up, hardly talk, never call people, etc.

If an INFP is close enough to you to whine at all, that's kind of a compliment. On the other hand, if they knew you look down on them for it, they'd probably be mortified and disappear from your life forever. Quite honestly, sometimes I test people. Can you handle the darker side? No? Goodbye! . I will never be close to someone with whom I cannot open up completely. Since people are always confiding to me in person (complete strangers even), I feel it's only fair I am allowed to vent sometimes and be vulnerable.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

This is THE fear that many INFPs harbor, as evidenced by endless postings of such on INFPgc. This is why INFPs may become withdrawn, keep a wall up, hardly talk, never call people, etc.

If an INFP is close enough to you to whine at all, that's kind of a compliment. On the other hand, if they knew you look down on them for it, they'd probably be mortified and disappear from your life forever. Quite honestly, sometimes I test people. Can you handle the darker side? No? Goodbye! . I will never be close to someone with whom I cannot open up completely. Since people are always confiding to me in person (complete strangers even), I feel it's only fair I am allowed to vent sometimes and be vulnerable.

+ fucking 1

But on the other hand, I don't resent those people that cannot handle it, or blame them for it. It's who they are, their preference, their choice. As long as they don't come and whine afterwards that I don't let them in, I'm fine with them not handling it well.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”