First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I have not yet found any INFP that I don't know too well or here on the forums, except a certain someone (Hint: my last post) a problem. I tend to get along with them quite well as they are usually smart and can bring in a very nice discussion. But the ones who get close to me... they're like "alright, I think I can flash my 'privates' around now and he'll be fine with it." and thus my opinion will go to those that get close to me.
    Hm. INTJs are known to have crazy 'privates.'
    Are you an atypical INTJ? Or do you just think your out-of-the-box ideas are justified/unique/superior in comparsion to that of an INFP's?

I tend to refer people to the stereotype rather than refer the stereotype to the people. And I would say the stereotype is pretty much the profile of the type.
    Are you sure? It would seem the other way around.
    Perhaps you aren't truly seeing and understanding these people, your close friends specifically. Anyone can fit neatly inside a box (read: stereotype) if you distort your perception of them enough. The same thing happens with racial stereotypes (So, incorrect, Ragingkatsuki! The stereotype is notnotnot the profile of the type. Try Again .)

There are more layers to "whiny, overly emotional" INFPs (Surprise!) than I think you're giving them credit for. Re-evaluate your friendships. Gain some genuine respect for your "unbearably annoying" and "intolerant" friends. Or better yet, just drop them all together. (No one needs friends who are both pathetic and illogical :rolli:.) But remember that despite their (our? I don't even know anymore) senitmentality they have the magic word, intuition!, an NT compass as well, to guide their feelings more easily towards wisdom and depth of mind than, say, you do! I kid!...But forreal though. I think you need some...

New INFP friends (!!).
    I can help you with that, y'know .

Sorry, I didn't mean to perpetuate the Attack of Ragingkatsuki this thread has quickly turned into, but...there you go.
    Last edited by neptunesnet; 09-26-2009 at 06:47 PM.

I tend to get along with them quite well as they are usually smart and can bring in a very nice discussion.
    I would prefer to talk with an insightful INFP any day of the week,
    than read the inane drivel or infectious narcissism of some NTs roaming this forum.

Pretty soon I'm going to have to hand out antibiotics.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It would appear so at times, yes...still, i find the perceptions of others to be quite useful in maintaining that. And although it is painful to hear sometimes, I keep in mind who the percon giving me the critiscism is and why they are likely to view me that way...which is harder to do in these kind of threads as you don't know all of them, or their motivations to generalize INFPs in a certain way.

I agree also with the statement that for an INFP it is a fear to not be accepted once they open up, which causes them to stay rather guarded. From their/our side, it kinda feels like nobody really knows how to grasp/handle/respond to/appreciate what's inside without needing to withdraw for fear of being overwhelmed...which is very disappointing and hurtful as you are incredibly vulnerable when you open those floodgates.

Getting to know an INFP intimately is kinda like looking into the sun,shining too brightly, to the point where you cannot stare directly at it without being harmed, causing you to almost turn away automatically. Or being invited to gaze into a deep dark well, you sooo don't wanna fall into...depending on the mood of the INFP
    I don't think this is an INFP trait or even specifically type related. If you talk to people, you'll often hear that they are afraid once someone they care about gets to know them beyond the surface, they may not like what they see and run away. I think this is very common once intimacy begins to deepen.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Good for that
    Why are you so bitter?

I would put my money on the idea that you don't really understand yourself(esfj?), let alone others,... You'll get it!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Hm. INTJs are known to have crazy 'privates.'
    Are you an atypical INTJ? Or do you just think your out-of-the-box ideas are justified/unique/superior in comparsion to that of an INFPs'?
    Whether I have crazy 'privates' or not I wouldn't show them to anyone no matter how close they are to me.
    Are you sure? It would seem the other way around.
    Perhaps you aren't truly seeing and understanding these people, your "close" friends specifically. Anyone can fit neatly inside a box (read: stereotype) if you distort your perception of them enough. The same thing happens with racial stereotypes (So, incorrect, Ragingkatsuki! The stereotype is notnotnot the profile of the type. Try Again .)

There are more layers to "whiny, overly emotional" INFPs (Surprise!) than I think you're giving them credit for. Re-evaluate your friendships. Gain some genuine respect for your "unbearably annoying" and "intolerant" friends. Or better yet, just drop them all together. No one needs friends who are both pathetic and illogical :rolli:. But remember, though, they have the magic word, intuition!--which also happens to be an NT compass to guide their feelings properly <not a hit at Sensors (I swear).

I think you need...
    some new INFP friends (!!).
    I can help you with that, y'know .
    You 'seem' like a smart INFP so here:
    - I did not call INFPs in general whiny nor my close friends
    - I look at the person and then see how he fits the stereotype. I would not say that everything the stereotype says is what he does.
    - I was giving the opinion of my experience with INFPs who are close friends
    - I respect the INFPs but not their knack to pull me in their emotions
    - I trust my INFP friends or else they would never be my friends
    - I dislike the way they fully open themselves to me. They are fine when they are in their 'normal state'.
    - My INFP friends would probably call me an arrogant, self-centered asshole but would still call me a close friend
    - I can give much worse opinions on any other type. Not only the INFPs. I have my little stash of bad opinions with them too.
    - I have no reason to bash on INFPs. I only find the ones I've experienced (the close ones) annoying

If you cannot understand any of the points given then I can't help you anymore.

Also, What is the stereotype if it's not the profile of the type then?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

this thread is booorrinnnnggggg

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Why are you so bitter?

I would put my money on the idea that you don't really understand yourself(esfj?), let alone others,... You'll get it!
    You're calling me bitter based on this thread. You clearly don't know me.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

You're calling me bitter based on this thread. You clearly don't know me.
    How does it feel?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    How does it feel?
    How does what feel?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

How does what feel?
    Never mind, you don't get it!