• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Compatibility - INFJ's Romantic Match?

Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

• Yes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
My gf is a 4w5 I believe. Another INFJ friend says she's a 9. I've also known one that's a 1. So the 1/4/9 theory appears to have some merit.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Heh, and ENTPs have the emotional range of Mythbuster's Adam Savage.

What purpose is emotional range?

INFJ's have all the emotional range an ENTP needs. I just get my bullet points from other people.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
What purpose is emotional range?

INFJ's have all the emotional range an ENTP needs. I just get my bullet points from other people.

Hehe, because INFJs are in desperate need of a loud, over-excitable calculator.

: )

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hey, hey, hey, we love our loud, over-excitable calculators :hug:

Besides, ENTPs have emotional range.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

I'm actually a quiet but over-excitable idea ticker tape. If I were a calculator, most of those calculations would be drawings of dragons.

BallentineChen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Smells like drama.

I cannot handle the ENFPs I know. Emotions are always in flight, have a real tough time focusing on the crux of matters or issues, difficult for me to communicate with, always have to repeat to the point of being blunt. I agree with posts that suggest SJs are a good match. Their practical sensibility is really hot, good for bringing people who are always in their heads. ESJs have the added benefit of acting as a gateway to new people and mainstream culture. ISJs latent sexuality, have tended to enjoy physical activity and usually surprise me with time. All those qualities and the added benefit of feminine mystique. Seeing ESTJ women in marshalling action is intimidating in a hot way.

SP women I have limited contact with but I think I'm ultimately incompatible with them if I view the relationship as a long term project, which I do with all relationships. The one I've had limited experience with had difficulty with feeling weighed down. On the flip side, they also embody the aspect of the feminine mystique I find most appealing. Their thoughts are completely alien to me. They tend to be attracted to me when I'm drunk or see me in action in organizational settings. Also have difficulty with talking about their inner emotions.

Haven't met enough NT women to make a judgement, but I think the best chances of finding attraction is with ENTP. Intelligent, interesting, with the times, witty, always pursuing a new interest. Friendship is probably better for the others.

With that all said, I prefer not to know the types of women I'm interested in. The descriptions above are my experiences of women after having getting to know them, not from the outset.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I cannot handle the ENFPs I know. Emotions are always in flight, have a real tough time focusing on the crux of matters or issues, difficult for me to communicate with, always have to repeat to the point of being blunt.

That is my experience as well. It's like having to wrestle a cloud. Drives me crazy with my ENFP mother. Everything is personal to her, but she does not seem to have the ability to detach enough to see things logically.

S

Sniffles

I usually find myself getting along very well with ENFP women. They're actually among my favorite types.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I usually find myself getting along very well with ENFP women. They're actually among my favorite types.

They probably give you the impression that they understand you when you go off monologuing about Dostoevsky or some obscure 19th century French papist.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well considering this thread is about INFJs, and I am INFJ. ;)

If it makes you feel(or should that think?) better, ENTPs are among my favorites types too. :hug:

No it does not make me feel better - we are either your favorite type or not, there is no among bs allowed. :devil:

but I meant that you were biased due to your enfp gf, but you already knew that... :smile:

S

Sniffles

No it does not make me feel better - we are either your favorite type or not, there is no among bs allowed. :devil:

ENTPs are my favorite of the NTs. Happy? :tongue:

but I meant that you were biased due to your enfp gf, but you already knew that... :smile:

Actually she thinks she's ENTP now.

S

Sniffles

They probably give you the impression that they understand you when you go off monologuing about Dostoevsky or some obscure 19th century French papist.

I never knew there was such a thing as monologuing to an ENFP. I need to uncover the secret to doing that!

Oh well, can't be any worse than the ENTP tendency to make up random bullshit arguments just for the sake of making up random bullshit arguments. At least ENFPs geniunely believe their random bullshit arguments. :tongue10:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh well, can't be any worse than the ENTP tendency to make up random bullshit arguments just for the sake of making up random bullshit arguments. At least ENFPs geniunely believe their random bullshit arguments. :tongue10:

Hahahahahahahah. :hug: