• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Compatibility - INFJ's Romantic Match?

Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

• Yes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
ive drawn in the two infjs i know. the female as a good friend and the male as a potential/interest.
really, i think they're pretty amazing. i admire their depth and integrity.
i know the female better and we have a really good connection. once we went about a year without talking then met up again at a party and stayed together the whole time. i met her amongst a group of other NFs and slowly we gravitated towards each other.
The male just sort of picked me from a distance and when we do talk i usually get him smiling and laughing. i hope infj men resist pressures to change who they are.

so.. intp...? (you poor sods)

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
whats up with the mis-match of the poll and thread title? couldn't be bothered starting two threads?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTPs are undeniably charming in the quirkiest ways.
They're a little overwhelming for me as a whole, though, and I'm pretty sure I'm far too closed off for them.

I'll add to that by saying I have a terrible bias [or preference?] toward NTs in general. I feel like they offer a balance. They just make sense. And they make me laugh. Most of my close friends IRL are NTs. They aren't extremely affectionate people, which I'm actually more comfortable with. But they're honest. I can always count on them to be upfront about their ideas and opinions. I'll leave the evasive sugar-coating to the FPs. :D

I think for one thing you're still a little young. I don't know how many relationships you've been in, but in my recent experience it can be a wonderful connection. We're also not as overwhelming when you get to know us. Most of our attitude is bluster. At least for me it is.

I think it's likely that many NT's give people the space to be who they are. I know that I am very accepting and want everyone to be who they are as long as they are virtuous and strong.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think for one thing you're still a little young. I don't know how many relationships you've been in, but in my recent experience it can be a wonderful connection. We're also not as overwhelming when you get to know us. Most of our attitude is bluster. At least for me it is.

I think it's likely that many NT's give people the space to be who they are. I know that I am very accepting and want everyone to be who they are as long as they are virtuous and strong.

I think that's very true. Virtuous, for me, could be replaced with "ethical" - but to me, they are one in the same.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
That's not inconsistent to me. Everyone has this ability, even if latent.

Oh I'm not saying it is. I just thought it was a funny thing to say. But "being who you are" is kinda tricky a concept. Actually, it's what fascinates me about MBTI when considering cognition VS behavior.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think that's very true. Virtuous, for me, could be replaced with "ethical" - but to me, they are one in the same.

Virtue to me implies a moral dimension that is not captured by ethics.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Virtue to me implies a moral dimension that is not captured by ethics.

Right, we're different people with different value systems.

But the point is that as long as certain values are recognized, we are pretty damn open and accepting people.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah, I think I should've begun that with, "in my experiences thus far.."
to clarify that I realize my pespectives are apt to change over time/through experience..

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And I enjoy taping you back into your boxes and jiggling you around until you join my cult.

AceofSpades

MBTI Type
INFJ
According to the theory's and experience ENTP's and ENFP's are great almost always.

However I think with many INFJ's being so complex in their own inner life, find that they may be drawn to any given type or choose a certain type for any given set of personal reasons. I find this in experience too. My oldest sister who is also an INFJ is married to a ESFP while I have dated ENTP, ENFP, INFP, ESFJ and ISFJ.

I personally am drawn to many female types but will only consider being with them if they are mature and are willing to put equal effort into the relationship. Also for me I don't need to get my intellectual stimulation from a significant other and prefer the comfort of someone who plainy cares about/for me and find that alone satisfying and fulfilling (of course physical romance is just as fulfilling).