• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Compatibility - INFJ's Romantic Match?

Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

• Yes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not playing devil's advocate here, (well yes, I am, I am always am!) but aren't all your wishes -1(the emotional thing) describing an entp ?

Yeah his description did sound more NTP than NF.
Maybe not the social safe have part. I'm not sure what he meant on that.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but thats exactly it: you get to cover our ass during social faux pas and we get to cover your ass when you get irrational fears and wallow in a lack of productivity :D

Hmmm, I don't know about other INFJs but I definitely do not suffer from a lack of productivity. I'm a bit of a taskmaster with myself, and as soon as one goal is reached, I am on to another. I don't need another J to keep me on track ;)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

well, I know i have an intp friend i both love and hate for his wicked ways.
When we're out he's usually not totally in his element. Don't take me wrong, the guy's not an autist, but some people have to be 'themselves in party mod', while others just need to be themselves at those times.
I somehow make him safe or whatever. Brings the laid back cool side of him out.
That's the way I see it anyway.

So yeah, his description seem to me like describing an entp. Feel free to back up the potential I in here, I personally don't see it but hey, i'm no intp.

-hugs and kisses-

Dash

MBTI Type
INFJ

Ha, sorry for my apparent vagueness. By "safe haven", I meant a relationship in which I (and the other person) can freely talk about things, not having to "filter" EVERY single word that's spoken. Which would entail a person who truly "gets" me. Which, up until this point, I have yet to see an NTP ever do. But hey, I'm open =). The thing that I CRAVE is a very deep & "raw" emotional connection. More than just "kissy kissy :hug:". Rather, the kind of connection that would allow either person to show his/her absolute weakest part of him/herself to the other...without fear of shame.

And yes...I know. Even for a male INFJ...I'm quite "mushy" on the inside lol.

well, I know i have an intp friend i both love and hate for his wicked ways.
When we're out he's usually not totally in his element. Don't take me wrong, the guy's not an autist, but some people have to be 'themselves in party mod', while others just need to be themselves at those times.
I somehow make him safe or whatever. Brings the laid back cool side of him out.
That's the way I see it anyway.

So yeah, his description seem to me like describing an entp. Feel free to back up the potential I in here, I personally don't see it but hey, i'm no intp.

-hugs and kisses-

EcK said:
I'm not playing devil's advocate here, (well yes, I am, I am always am!) but aren't all your wishes -1(the emotional thing) describing an entp ?

The main reason I'd be hesitant is because of the Extraversion. Most Es I've met don't usually respect me, unless we're in one of my native elements (a dojo, for example). I mean, maybe I've just had bad luck. But Extraverted girls just tend not to like my seriousness =/. Especially when it comes to dating. That's why I thought an I__J would be good for sure. But again...I'm open =P.

Gah, I should really make this post longer. But I have to get off =(. If you guys want, I can add more tomorrow, if you guys want.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I really love my ESTP :eek:)

Actually, INFJ and an SP wouldn't be a bad match.

Don't buy the hype about SPs. They aren't all crazy, impulsive, and reckless; just the unbalanced ones. An SP willing to engage in N talk from time to time would actually be pretty nice.

The only type I'm not sure about for INFJ's would be SJs. I think our Js would clash - especially when fueled by differing the differing S and N.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
If they have the same or very similar values, it would, at the very least, be perfectly fine. Not all S's are incapable of understanding and communicating with us either, you know.;)

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm pretty sold on the ENxP/INFJ combination. They provide the excitement and creativity and adventures that I crave but am often too reserved to seek out, and I feel that I provide stability and reasoning and ideas.

Wow that was perfectly stated.

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hey!

So I was just wondering if anyone knows the personality types that compliment an INFJ's? I was wondering if the sex of the INFJ or the other personality depends on it and how accurate the compatibility between the two are. I'm not looking for a match online, but I'd find it interesting if there was a specific type.

Please, share thy wisdom. :)

I'm female. I tend to draw male INTPs by the bunches. I'm not sure why, but they are quite smitten with me. INFP-males...love them, but I'm turned on by ENTPs the most. Occasionally I'll have a love/hate thing with an INTJ, but it never really lasts.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm female. I tend to draw male INTPs by the bunches. I'm not sure why, but they are quite smitten with me. INFP-males...love them, but I'm turned on by ENTPs the most. Occasionally I'll have a love/hate thing with an INTJ, but it never really lasts.

This wierd intp fascination for infj is somehow disturbing. And by the way, yeah, we turn ourselves on too.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
This wierd intp fascination for infj is somehow disturbing. And by the way, yeah, we turn ourselves on too.

Why would any fascination with a certain type be disturbing?
You're acting like it's perverse or something.
I'm sure a lot of the INTPs that like her haven't even heard of MBTI.

People like what they like. She says she likes ENTPs the most. Some INFJs prefer ENFPs. I find your usage of the word disturbing quite disturbing.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Why would any fascination with a certain type be disturbing?
You're acting like it's perverse or something.
I'm sure a lot of the INTPs that like her haven't even heard of MBTI.

People like what they like. She says she likes ENTPs the most. Some INFJs prefer ENFPs.

:devil:

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
However, while I find his whole moody artistic side frustrating, it drives me totally wild (especially the amazing way he can turn a phrase). He has this amazingly dry, sarcastic sometimes sadistic sense of humour, while still being one of the most selfless people I know. He's intense, genuine, and yet we can still goof off like 5 year olds and go on a late night splashing in rain puddles adventure. I also love how we both understand when the other needs space, or when we need no space, haha.

I think almost everything about him from the way his body gets wrapped up in his drawing and music, to his slight arrogance when he's debating a subject he's both knowledgeable and passionate about, is intriguing and alluring. I find it hard to believe that other people totally miss all this about him, because he can be aloof and doesn't really make it easy for other people, but I've always been able to see straight through him. He's absolutely amazing.

Basically, ENFP+INFJ rocks... at least for me, haha.

Right on! That's exactly how it feels. It makes you feel like someone is taking over your brain, but not always in a bad way. ;)

sade

I'm pretty sold on the ENxP/INFJ combination. They provide the excitement and creativity and adventures that I crave but am often too reserved to seek out, and I feel that I provide stability and reasoning and ideas.
Me also.

I don't really think about the MBTI irl, what works - works, but have still noticed a fascination towards Ne dom individuals. :wubbie:
I can see the attraction towards INTPs, but personally I didn't find it working, possibly because I've been raised by an INTP dad. He comes to mind from the normal INTP reactions = no bueno.
And then there's the fact that we can be.. intensive. I need someone who can take that on.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Isn't it obvious? Druggie..
Waaaaait.. Didn't you just say Chewbacca? :wtf:
woman, ur acting crazy again. We both know I never said that;)

druggie ? a hidden clue to the origin of ur delusion perhaps ?:devil:

ferrisbueller

MBTI Type
ENFP
Right on! That's exactly how it feels. It makes you feel like someone is taking over your brain, but not always in a bad way. ;)

Me three! I think the INFJ/ENFP combination is crazy awesome. I've never felt so emotionally connected to someone before. She can use the smallest thing to completely read my emotional state.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm female. I tend to draw male INTPs by the bunches.

How do you even find bunches of INTPs? They're 1-2% of the population.

I ran across one person IRL whom typed himself as INTP. I fell for him after a short time. (We didn't even become friends though.) Even before I met an INTP (if it was his real type) I always thought enneagram 5 would be the most interesting/intriguing type.

V

violaine

How do you even find bunches of INTPs? They're 1-2% of the population.

I ran across one person IRL whom typed himself as INTP. I fell for him after a short time. (We didn't even become friends though.) Even before I met an INTP (if it was his real type) I always thought enneagram 5 would be the most interesting/intriguing type.

Oh yes, even in high school when I was randomly crushing everywhere it was the E5 boys that would make me really sit up and take notice. Smart, complex, idiosyncratic, low key and sometimes even into music too. I have a high 5 wing and I like the commonality that brings.