• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Compatibility - INFJ's Romantic Match?

Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

• Yes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
We need to set up an INFJ/ENTP matching service. Any interested ENTP/INFJ send me your a/s/l via PM and I will match you up after an initial screening process.

(Brought to you by the ENTP Marketing Council)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
IME, INTP + INFJ can work well. One needn't be an extrovert in fact, just reasonably so in comparison.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
IME, INTP + INFJ can work well. One needn't be an extrovert in fact, just reasonably so in comparison.
please refer to my last post >_<

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
please refer to my last post >_<

This?

Dude, ur talking about real people supposed to like each other, not an awkward fanboy and the INTJ as some kind of teacher in the ways of socialization and life. That's a job for a social workers damn it : P
Not on point? If you meant INFJ, then I have to say that doesn't ring a bell to me at all. I don't think it's fair to burden other people with social worker duties. I don't even appreciate people taking it upon themselves to assume the position, frankly.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
but thats exactly it: you get to cover our ass during social faux pas and we get to cover your ass when you get irrational fears and wallow in a lack of productivity :D

its the perfect match. :devil:

ENTJ+INFJ: a mutually beneficial ass-covering arrangement. In other words, the relationship is the pants! :wubbie:

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would like to meet an INFJ that wasn't afraid to hang on for the ride. :D

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, that's so what I'm craving. Just kinda wrapped up a thing with an ENxP and I'm missing the excitement.

There is something very energizing about the combination. INFJ's make me feel like I can handle the world, because we're spiritual mates. Maybe it's NF euphoria. lol

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
I'm pretty sold on the ENxP/INFJ combination. They provide the excitement and creativity and adventures that I crave but am often too reserved to seek out, and I feel that I provide stability and reasoning and ideas.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm pretty sold on the ENxP/INFJ combination. They provide the excitement and creativity and adventures that I crave but am often too reserved to seek out, and I feel that I provide stability and reasoning and ideas.

I think INFJ/ENTP are like the same person flipped around. I really admire INFJ's for the most part. They just really know themselves so well. Though they can go bad just like ENTP's. Seems to be the potential for narcissism in both.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
I think INFJ/ENTP are like the same person flipped around. I really admire INFJ's for the most part. They just really know themselves so well. Though they can go bad just like ENTP's. Seems to be the potential for narcissism in both.

I think that's completely true. I'm not sure how it works, but there is definitely some kind of "same person, flipped around." I think the combination brings out the best in the other and also compliments well.

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
They are amazing people.

I like 'em for their quiet slooooooowwww....smolder......

AgentOrange

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP! I might be a bit biased though, because I have the most amazing INFJ boyfriend. We were really close six years leading up to our relationship, and I can't even explain how happy he makes me.

Okay, it's not all rainbows and sunshine, we're both extremely stubborn, and sometimes he goes into his whole pissy you said something that offended me, and instead of talking about it I'm going to shut down completely so you can't hurt me any more than you already have mode (luckily, we've both been open communication wise, and he really makes an effort to go through that cycle pretty quickly). I also get annoyed with the way he gets stuck on some things, just like I'm sure he gets annoyed with my need to talk out all sides of an issue to the point where it's hard to tell where I stand, haha.

However, while I find his whole moody artistic side frustrating, it drives me totally wild (especially the amazing way he can turn a phrase). He has this amazingly dry, sarcastic sometimes sadistic sense of humour, while still being one of the most selfless people I know. He's intense, genuine, and yet we can still goof off like 5 year olds and go on a late night splashing in rain puddles adventure. I also love how we both understand when the other needs space, or when we need no space, haha.

I think almost everything about him from the way his body gets wrapped up in his drawing and music, to his slight arrogance when he's debating a subject he's both knowledgeable and passionate about, is intriguing and alluring. I find it hard to believe that other people totally miss all this about him, because he can be aloof and doesn't really make it easy for other people, but I've always been able to see straight through him. He's absolutely amazing.

Basically, ENFP+INFJ rocks... at least for me, haha.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP! I might be a bit biased though, because I have the most amazing INFJ boyfriend. We were really close six years leading up to our relationship, and I can't even explain how happy he makes me.

Okay, it's not all rainbows and sunshine, we're both extremely stubborn, and sometimes he goes into his whole pissy you said something that offended me, and instead of talking about it I'm going to shut down completely so you can't hurt me any more than you already have mode (luckily, we've both been open communication wise, and he really makes an effort to go through that cycle pretty quickly). I also get annoyed with the way he gets stuck on some things, just like I'm sure he gets annoyed with my need to talk out all sides of an issue to the point where it's hard to tell where I stand, haha.

However, while I find his whole moody artistic side frustrating, it drives me totally wild (especially the amazing way he can turn a phrase). He has this amazingly dry, sarcastic sometimes sadistic sense of humour, while still being one of the most selfless people I know. He's intense, genuine, and yet we can still goof off like 5 year olds and go on a late night splashing in rain puddles adventure. I also love how we both understand when the other needs space, or when we need no space, haha.

I think almost everything about him from the way his body gets wrapped up in his drawing and music, to his slight arrogance when he's debating a subject he's both knowledgeable and passionate about, is intriguing and alluring. I find it hard to believe that other people totally miss all this about him, because he can be aloof and doesn't really make it easy for other people, but I've always been able to see straight through him. He's absolutely amazing.

Basically, ENFP+INFJ rocks... at least for me, haha.

i've said it before...but i'm sayin it again...yep...that was my parents...infj/enfp total best friends both artists and just had a great connection...i think it works too!! so yay you!! glad you're happy! :D

musicheck

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Dude, ur talking about real people supposed to like each other, not an awkward fanboy and the INTJ as some kind of teacher in the ways of socialization and life. That's a job for a social workers damn it : P

Meh, anybody would see an undeveloped WHATEVER, as undeveloped. Really, this way of going for the 'discount chick' looks like ur trying to sell cars.

People don't like each other because you argued them into it damn it. No matter how pretty they look on a calendar, some pairs are just not meant to be, except for particular cases OFC.(and i'm glad for them)

Oh, what's that smell. Is somebody cooking fanboys? :doh:

Yes, I realize that there are in fact real people out and (god forbid) this whole MBTI thing is about them, not just 4 letter combinations and a collection of cognitive functions we assign to them. So if MBTI is to be anything useful, we should be able to use it to examine how people interact.

I've seen INTP/INFJ work quite well in my personal life, so I'm not just making things up for no reason.

If you think I'm trying to say INFJ's would teach INTP's the basics of socializing, I question your reading comprehension. What is definintely true thoug is that INTP's often approach socialization from an overly distant, psychological perspective, so the INFJ's alogical (yet often sage) intuition about people will be something attractive and interesting.

As far as I can tell, your point is basically this:
NO, YOU'RE WRONG. YOU PRESENTED REASONS FOR WHAT YOU SAID, BUT YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO USE REASONS HERE.

If you'd like to have an ad hominem attack ridden flame war, feel free to PM me if you have any more anger you need to anonymously take out over the internet. I feel your pain buddy, I was like that in middle school.

Dash

MBTI Type
INFJ
My "ideal" girlfriend would probably be INfJ/P.

Slightly more emotional and introverted than I am, she would even unintentionally create a sort of "save haven" for me. When I'm around most people, I typically have at least some of my guard up (not so much on here though...especially in the NF forum =D). If I could just feel like I could truly "let go" around her...I'd love her for that alone. <3<3<3.

I would also like her to be intense like I am...but depending on the girl, I might like a really layed back P. Hard to say I guess =/.

My ideal boyfriend though, would probably be an InFP. Someone to add a nice "lightness" to my life...I would really enjoy that.

I don't know if I'm like most INFJs though...I'm the serious/psychologist/teacher/jedi "subtype" (I'll have to do some more research into those). So my prefrence is but a small drop of water in an ocean =). Not to say most INFJs aren't like I am...not enough data yet =/.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My "ideal" girlfriend would probably be INfJ/P.

she would even unintentionally create a sort of "save haven" for me. When I'm around most people, I typically have at least some of my guard up (not so much on here though...especially in the NF forum =D). If I could just feel like I could truly "let go" around her...I'd love her for that alone. <3<3<3.

I would also like her to be intense like I am...

Someone to add a nice "lightness" to my life...I would really enjoy that.

I'm not playing devil's advocate here, (well yes, I am, I am always am!) but aren't all your wishes -1(the emotional thing) describing an entp ?