User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 53.57%
  • No

5 17.86%
  • I don't know.

8 28.57%
First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    how does one derive the logic in which the mbti sites define our best romantic type ?
    Nx's would typically fair better amongst each other
    simply because each would create a " natural " atmosphere for the other,
    while providing variety,via the shared and often accosted intuition

Ex. INFJ with ENFP
    we didn't see that coming folks
    but anyhoo
    Ni Fe Ti Se vs. Ne Fi Te Si

it seems like it would be auspicious,
    or is it just a constant " inward vs. outward " struggle ?
    Yeah.

My understanding: the logic is that you need someone to communicate well with (share N or S preference), but also someone who will "balance you out" (all the other preferences opposite).

My experience, having known about the MBTI since middle school, is that there isn't much correlation, so I wouldn't put much stock into this. There may be something to sharing N or S, especially with NT-NF couples, which I seem to know of an improbably high amount of -- but other than that I wouldn't really worry about it.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I say the ENTP is the best match for the INFJ. See my theory here.

You do realize thats an INTJ vs. ENFP layout
    and the only proof is the IxxJ vs ExxP scenario

Did you submit the wrong link or something ?
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post

You do realize thats an INTJ vs. ENFP layout
    and the only proof is the IxxJ vs ExxP scenario

Did you submit the wrong link or something ?
    Her system is the second half of her post.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Her system is the second half of her post.
    Ah
    I was over analyzing, darn OCD
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm bumping an old thread that peetered out back in March. I think we all know that INFJs supposedly match well with ENFPs and ENTPs. But I found this type match a new one on me:
    Quote Originally Posted by deep rain View Post

I've actually heard that an INFJ/ESTP relationship can be very electrifying (in a good way) though. Not saying this is true; just what I've heard. But for a side note, my best romantic connection was with an ESTP.
    Anyone have some light to shed on this? Experience?

MBTI
    ENFP

i'm an enfp. my best friend is an infj male and another close friend is an infj female. i also know another male infj.

if anything, there aren't enough infj females around me, otherwise i would have found one and probably even proposed to one by now. my best friend and i used to joke about how we wish the other was a girl because we couldn't find girlfriends. honestly, if there's any type i'd absolutely kill to be in a relationship with it's with an infj.

the other would be an intj but do you know how hard it is to find a female one of those? man, the universe is just stacked against me.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Every female INFJ that I've known well (3 of them) has been incredibly attracted to the ESTP. It's often to their detriment, as the younger ESTP male tends to be a bit of a player, and the two that got into relationships with them got their hearts broken.

The INFJ that I still am in contact with is currently engaged to an especially out-going (MBTI tested) ISTP. It seems to work out well, as he encompasses the moment and remains level headed when she loses hers. ISTPs have a neat way at looking at the world, are usually friendly, funny in a teasing and challenging manner, upbeat, and loyal... all traits that the INFJ appreciates. This ISTP is a bit of a philosophizer too, so his ISTP perspective provides interesting view points of the world.

Hah, all this is frustrating to this INFP male that finds himself drawn INFJs, despite his better judgement!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Every female INFJ that I've known well (3 of them) has been incredibly attracted to the ESTP. It's often to their detriment, as the younger ESTP male tends to be a bit of a player, and the two that got into relationships with them got their hearts broken.

The INFJ that I still am in contact with is currently engaged to an especially out-going (MBTI tested) ISTP. It seems to work out well, as he encompasses the moment and remains level headed when she loses hers. ISTPs have a neat way at looking at the world, are usually friendly, funny in a teasing and challenging manner, upbeat, and loyal... all traits that the INFJ appreciates. This ISTP is a bit of a philosophizer too, so his ISTP perspective provides interesting view points of the world.

Hah, all this is frustrating to this INFP male that finds himself drawn INFJs, despite his better judgement!
    woah, never heard that one before. strangely that explains a lot.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by sketcheasy View Post
    if anything, there aren't enough infj females around me, otherwise i would have found one and probably even proposed to one by now. my best friend and i used to joke about how we wish the other was a girl because we couldn't find girlfriends. honestly, if there's any type i'd absolutely kill to be in a relationship with it's with an infj.

the other would be an intj but do you know how hard it is to find a female one of those? man, the universe is just stacked against me.
    Keep looking for the INFJ. I've been dating one for about 9 months and it's been fantastic. She's so emotionally in tune and supportive. My only slight issue relates to compliments: I like to give and receive positive feedback, she likes to leave these things unsaid. Still, her deep caring more than makes up for such a minor concern.
    As for the INTJ females, they're floating around. I've met several at my college. I'm not sure if I could see myself with one given that my two close INTJ friends, one male and one female, are kind of possessive. Maybe that's not universal, but both of the INTJ's I know are really needy.
    E-1% N-50% F-75% P-67%

MBTI
    ENFP

haha, yeah... well i'm crossing my fingers.