User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 53.57%
  • No

5 17.86%
  • I don't know.

8 28.57%
First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    Also, I just love the way NT minds work. So sexy.
    That I TOTALLY agree with
    Introverted (I) 53.57% Extroverted (E) 46.43%
    Intuitive (N) 54.55% Sensing (S) 45.45%
    Feeling (F) 65.63% Thinking (T) 34.38%
    Judging (J) 63.64% Perceiving (P) 36.36%

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFP

Quote:
    Originally Posted by faith

Also, I just love the way NT minds work. So sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym_Alpha View Post
    That I TOTALLY agree with
    *raising hand* Agreed!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    OMNi

I like the wit. If only I could subtract the cynicism.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Give it time. Few people can be more cynical than disappointed idealists.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym_Alpha View Post
    Crazy'ness! Well...thats my opinion (all in fun though).

The question I mainly ask is, would a male INFJ and a female INFJ get along? ..

Because you need give and take in a relationship ship, if both sides are trying to give or both sides are trying to take, would that make things end permanently due to mis-communication? or is that just my line of thinking.
    I met an INFJ guy in my psych course last semester. We've quickly become ridiculously good, but purely platonic, friends, so I don't know relationship wise. But it's actually kind of nice. I'm so used to giving and giving and being knocked around, albeit lovingly, by S friends. For once I have someone that will give back. Just the other day he came over and made me breakfast for no reason. While usually that kind of thing makes me uncomfortable, I know I enjoy helping others, and that he's truly the same way, so I understand and am glad to accept. And of course, I try to do nice things for him too! It's an uphill battle, though, especially since he's got not only the INFJ people pleasing-ness, but the desire to be a gentleman. He's always offering me the first bites of food, or just putting himself out for me in ways that aren't necessary, and I yell at him not to. We also bullshit for hours about philosophy, psychology and the current state of the human race, and it's nice to have someone that understands human nature as well as I do for a change, even if we usually just end up going round in circles on the same topics all the time. XD

In conclusion.. yes.. it is quite possible for opposite gender INFJs to get along, however, I don't really know if there'd ever be enough spark to start a relationship. And in response to the "All the male INFJs I've met are gay" comment, this one's mostly straight. His eyes wander in the other direction, but has only dated girls and is currently happily in love with one.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

well i've had 2 year+ relationships in my life so far. one with an ENFJ, and one with an ENTP.

the ENFJ was a little much for me to handle; she had a lot of trouble reasoning clearly (Ti-ing), but her snap-of-the-fingers insights were right on.

the ENTP and i had the most amazing relationship i could ever imagine. and the only reason we broke up is that we have to work out our personal issues and get exploration out of our systems (we're 20 and 21). i could totally see myself marrying this girl someday. (i've never met another ENTP girl, but i would imagine i'd be attracted to all ENTP girls' personalities)

another reason we worked so well together is that my Ti is really really strong; maybe even stronger than hers (she can run Ne circles around me though). that was a nice common thread we had.

(she's still my best friend by far and we hang out all the time.)

in general, though, i'd say i'd be most likely to go for any NT girl. there's something so cool about girls with dominant or secondary thinking funcitons

and i just couldn't see myself connecting with any S type. (although ISxPs with strong intuitions may work)

also, to add a random thought: i've never met an INFJ female. but my best male friend is INFJ also. isn't that weird?

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    INFJ women might prefer ISTP men.

INFJ men probably prefer ENTJ women.
    Ah....thank God (or whomever)....cause I am an ENxJ woman in love with an INFJ man. It seems like we really understand AND compliment each other. His strengths are my weaknesses...and vice versa. I think the strength of element would be important as well. I dated an INTP...and he annoyed the hell out of me cause he was SO "P" that literally NOTHING was completed...ever. My INFJ...is REALLY J....so I can't imagine him paired with a "P."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Introverts_Unite! View Post
    I agree with the ENTP consensus although I admit I have a morbid/fatal attraction toward INTP's because of their incredible depth, psychological complexity, and facility with language - it's kind of a an "intellectual bad boy"-type attraction...
    Woo! I knew my leather jacket was a good purchase. Now I just need some good West Side Story musical moves to up my cred...

Seriously, though, I'd love to see this expanded for my own edification. What turns the above traits into a "bad boy" reputation?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    We actually have justifications for our cynicism... Although I'm guilty of being horribly pessimistic.
    I: 78% N: 88% T: 66% J: 44%
    Enneagram: The Reformer/The Investigator
    Global 5:RCOEI

MBTI
    INFJ

I wouldn't say SJs are a good match for me at all. SJs are known for their dependability and for having both feet firmly planted on the ground. Imagine a rock holding down a balloon. I feel comfortable saying this because my mother is an SJ and sometimes I can barely even have any kind of conversation with her. And I know I could never even date an S type to begin with. I can rarely have any kind of meaningful conversation with an S; the main exception is my best friend's sister who is an ISTJ.

I don't know how and ENTP would attract me because I haven't met one yet, or at least I haven't identified anyone I know as one yet. I know the ENTJ type does catch my attraction sometimes.

I've only dated one person, INTP, and he managed to piss me off at least once a day for a month. Never again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social