• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Compatibility - INFJ's Romantic Match?

Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

• Yes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
in general, though, i'd say i'd be most likely to go for any NT girl. there's something so cool about girls with dominant or secondary thinking funcitons :)
I think the NT (female) and NF (male) combination works out REALLY well! My male INFJ friend (who I secretly love!)...is always SO amazed that a woman can actually carry on a logical conversation. He always seems to start conversations with, "You are the ONLY woman I know who....." Sometimes it makes me feel like I am some sort of freak because I am not one of the girls, but I'm really NOT...am I? ;)

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
...the rock and balloon analogy is correct....We always had problems communicating....she was very focused on material things and the idea of being in a relationship...she could brag about to her friends...

the extroverted S types usually repulse me for some reason.

You took the words right out of my mouth! This describes almost ALL of my ESJ female friends. They believe they are "helping" you by telling you what to do and have no concept of their controlling ways. I find I need to get away from them frequently....because their constant chatter about material possessions, chores, errands and gossip bring me down and shut down my creativity....and I am an extroverted NT female.

Camelopardalis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think INFJ males are about as common as INTJ females, and I tend to find them attractive. I'm also attracted to INTJ, ENTJ and INTP males.

I'm an ENFP girl dating an INFJ male for a year now...

Things are rocky and I tend to be overly emotional. i was just wondering if there any INFJ males out there who have any experience dating and ENFP girl. My INFj boyfriend and I fight about space, and I was also wondering about what INFJ males think about love and how that relates to emotions. He says he "loves me" but right now he's just not that "into me" or passionate about me but I have noticed those feelings of his tend to come and go and it makes me confused. Any help?

JuilinThiefTaker

MBTI Type
INFJ
Things are rocky and I tend to be overly emotional. i was just wondering if there any INFJ males out there who have any experience dating and ENFP girl. My INFj boyfriend and I fight about space, and I was also wondering about what INFJ males think about love and how that relates to emotions. He says he "loves me" but right now he's just not that "into me" or passionate about me but I have noticed those feelings of his tend to come and go and it makes me confused. Any help?

INFJ male with an ENFP ex girlfriend here. I might be able to give some insight if you could be a little more specific first. No need to get too detailed, but If I know a little more about the specifics of whats going on I could probably give a better answer.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ male seeking cuddle-bunny who turns into erotic demon when wet

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
how does one derive the logic in which the mbti sites define our best romantic type ?
Nx's would typically fair better amongst each other
simply because each would create a " natural " atmosphere for the other,
while providing variety,via the shared and often accosted intuition

Ex. INFJ with ENFP
we didn't see that coming folks
but anyhoo
Ni Fe Ti Se vs. Ne Fi Te Si

it seems like it would be auspicious,
or is it just a constant " inward vs. outward " struggle ?

nemo

Enneagram
<3
how does one derive the logic in which the mbti sites define our best romantic type ?
Nx's would typically fair better amongst each other
simply because each would create a " natural " atmosphere for the other,
while providing variety,via the shared and often accosted intuition

Ex. INFJ with ENFP
we didn't see that coming folks
but anyhoo
Ni Fe Ti Se vs. Ne Fi Te Si

it seems like it would be auspicious,
or is it just a constant " inward vs. outward " struggle ?

Yeah.

My understanding: the logic is that you need someone to communicate well with (share N or S preference), but also someone who will "balance you out" (all the other preferences opposite).

My experience, having known about the MBTI since middle school, is that there isn't much correlation, so I wouldn't put much stock into this. There may be something to sharing N or S, especially with NT-NF couples, which I seem to know of an improbably high amount of -- but other than that I wouldn't really worry about it.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I say the ENTP is the best match for the INFJ. See my theory here.

You do realize thats an INTJ vs. ENFP layout
and the only proof is the IxxJ vs ExxP scenario

Did you submit the wrong link or something ?

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm bumping an old thread that peetered out back in March. I think we all know that INFJs supposedly match well with ENFPs and ENTPs. But I found this type match a new one on me:
I've actually heard that an INFJ/ESTP relationship can be very electrifying (in a good way) though. Not saying this is true; just what I've heard. But for a side note, my best romantic connection was with an ESTP.

Anyone have some light to shed on this? Experience?

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
i'm an enfp. my best friend is an infj male and another close friend is an infj female. i also know another male infj.

if anything, there aren't enough infj females around me, otherwise i would have found one and probably even proposed to one by now. my best friend and i used to joke about how we wish the other was a girl because we couldn't find girlfriends. honestly, if there's any type i'd absolutely kill to be in a relationship with it's with an infj.

the other would be an intj but do you know how hard it is to find a female one of those? man, the universe is just stacked against me.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Every female INFJ that I've known well (3 of them) has been incredibly attracted to the ESTP. It's often to their detriment, as the younger ESTP male tends to be a bit of a player, and the two that got into relationships with them got their hearts broken.

The INFJ that I still am in contact with is currently engaged to an especially out-going (MBTI tested) ISTP. It seems to work out well, as he encompasses the moment and remains level headed when she loses hers. ISTPs have a neat way at looking at the world, are usually friendly, funny in a teasing and challenging manner, upbeat, and loyal... all traits that the INFJ appreciates. This ISTP is a bit of a philosophizer too, so his ISTP perspective provides interesting view points of the world.

Hah, all this is frustrating to this INFP male that finds himself drawn INFJs, despite his better judgement!

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
Every female INFJ that I've known well (3 of them) has been incredibly attracted to the ESTP. It's often to their detriment, as the younger ESTP male tends to be a bit of a player, and the two that got into relationships with them got their hearts broken.

The INFJ that I still am in contact with is currently engaged to an especially out-going (MBTI tested) ISTP. It seems to work out well, as he encompasses the moment and remains level headed when she loses hers. ISTPs have a neat way at looking at the world, are usually friendly, funny in a teasing and challenging manner, upbeat, and loyal... all traits that the INFJ appreciates. This ISTP is a bit of a philosophizer too, so his ISTP perspective provides interesting view points of the world.

Hah, all this is frustrating to this INFP male that finds himself drawn INFJs, despite his better judgement!

woah, never heard that one before. strangely that explains a lot.

ferrisbueller

MBTI Type
ENFP
if anything, there aren't enough infj females around me, otherwise i would have found one and probably even proposed to one by now. my best friend and i used to joke about how we wish the other was a girl because we couldn't find girlfriends. honestly, if there's any type i'd absolutely kill to be in a relationship with it's with an infj.

the other would be an intj but do you know how hard it is to find a female one of those? man, the universe is just stacked against me.

Keep looking for the INFJ. I've been dating one for about 9 months and it's been fantastic. She's so emotionally in tune and supportive. My only slight issue relates to compliments: I like to give and receive positive feedback, she likes to leave these things unsaid. Still, her deep caring more than makes up for such a minor concern.
As for the INTJ females, they're floating around. I've met several at my college. I'm not sure if I could see myself with one given that my two close INTJ friends, one male and one female, are kind of possessive. Maybe that's not universal, but both of the INTJ's I know are really needy.