User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 53.57%
  • No

5 17.86%
  • I don't know.

8 28.57%
First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I've dated mostly NTs (ENTP, INTP, INTJx2) with an SJ thrown in there (ISFJ) and currently an ENFJ. I don't know about a "best match" but I can tell you that INTJs didn't work out well for me (they think I'm clingy, I think they're robots). The ISFJ was a really, really good friend (but gay, so you know... the romance was limited). The INTP worked pretty well; we just lost the passion. The ENFJ is amazing, but I don't know that I'd say that we exemplify an ideal type pairing (primarily because I don't believe in such things).
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

From personal experience ENTP and INFJ go together amazingly well. Of course in a long term relationship there are certainly other important factors to consider: religious values, views on having children, etc....
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't know why I 'forgot' about this (guess it was so long ago!!), but when I was in college I dated an ENTP for 2 months (he self-tested himself as that, and I definitely agree).

It was one of the most effortless *and fun* dating relationships I've ever been in. Unfortunately I was clueless and I didn't know how good it actually was, and dumped him after the 2 months. Sigh.

I'd so do it differently if I could go back in time! Not that we'd ultimately work out, because as Liquid Laser said, it takes shared values/religion/other stuff too, but still....

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I don't know why I 'forgot' about this (guess it was so long ago!!), but when I was in college I dated an ENTP for 2 months (he self-tested himself as that, and I definitely agree).

It was one of the most effortless *and fun* dating relationships I've ever been in. Unfortunately I was clueless and I didn't know how good it actually was, and dumped him after the 2 months. Sigh.

I'd so do it differently if I could go back in time! Not that we'd ultimately work out, because as Liquid Laser said, it takes shared values/religion/other stuff too, but still....
    ENTP, eh? I'll have to read up more about that personality type.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstormz View Post
    Hey!

So I was just wondering if anyone knows the personality types that compliment an INFJ's? I was wondering if the sex of the INFJ or the other personality depends on it and how accurate the compatibility between the two are. I'm not looking for a match online, but I'd find it interesting if there was a specific type.

Please, share thy wisdom.
    INFJ women might prefer ISTP men.

INFJ men probably prefer ENTJ women.

MBTI
    INFJ

My husband is an ?STJ (probably an E, but hard to tell, and he's gotten both on tests). I'd say we probably fight a lot more than some couples because we think so differently, but we understand each other's situations in a really special way, and when we get past arguing we really contribute a lot to each others' lives. He helps me step out of situations to deal with them rationally, and I bring a little craziness and emotional-ness into his life. And he's one of the only people in my life who I know will always say what he means, nice for someone who worries way too much about how others think about them in relationships.

MBTI
    enfj

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    From personal experience ENTP and INFJ go together amazingly well. Of course in a long term relationship there are certainly other important factors to consider: religious values, views on having children, etc....
    Im not Sure That Ive ever recognized an entp female. I would love to though . Im not sure I could handle an Nt gf though. But a good friend, oh Yah.

Note. Of coarse it the entp was at eest very in touch w/ her emotional side. hmmmm It could work. I watch intj guys. talk emotional even when there not really to girls so they can feel more connected . I guess this could work with me. IF She were honest about it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstormz View Post
    Hey!

So I was just wondering if anyone knows the personality types that compliment an INFJ's? I was wondering if the sex of the INFJ or the other personality depends on it and how accurate the compatibility between the two are. I'm not looking for a match online, but I'd find it interesting if there was a specific type.

Please, share thy wisdom.
    I read somwhere that INFJ's personality are idealy matched with ENTP.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    INFJ women might prefer ISTP men.

INFJ men probably prefer ENTJ women.
    What kind of men do gay INFJ men prefer then? I don't know if that would make a difference or not, as I haven't ever seen the topic discussed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    What kind of men do gay INFJ men prefer then? I don't know if that would make a difference or not, as I haven't ever seen the topic discussed.

I was just wondering that same thing today.

ENTP sounds really good. ENFP maybe.

INTJ is tough because they are so committed and intellectual. If a relationship could work on pure dedication then that would be the match.