• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Compatibility - INFJ's Romantic Match?

Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

• Yes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm not really sure how much stock I put in the idea that people who type a certain way are good with people who type another certain way, but from what I read here it seems to be a decent jumping off point to play around with. I don't advocate the practice of basing your whole romantic life around the MBTI, but there seems to be a lot of insightful stuff in it.

In my personal experience, I can say I've personally gotten along better with those who have typed as ExxP as well. Romantically I seem to click with those types the best. My ex-husband was an ISTJ or ISTP and while we clicked on an academic sort of level, we clashed basically everywhere else and it ended badly. My current husband-to-be typed as ESFP and I can say I've never had a romantic relationship with someone I felt so connected with on the really important levels.

Not sure if that goes for all INFJs though. I'm introverted but I'm not shy, I like socializing and I'm outgoing, I just take it smaller doses than extroverted types. I'm talkative and I like adventures, again I just take it smaller doses because I get overstimulated very easily. This works really good with my ESFP because we can easily meet in the middle (I make a point to go out a little more and he's fine with going out a little less, that sort of thing). The "F" we have in common seems to go a long way in terms of how we communicate with each other, I've never had such good communication in a relationship (and this includes friendships and family) in my life.

So perhaps there is something to the INFJ + ExxP theory. Still, I can see where a quiet, reserved, shy INFJ might not click so well with an expressive, open, talkative ExxP. I'm being Captain Obvious and repeating what has already been said but there are so many variables that I don't think it would be wise to set your cap on one particular MBTI type as any kind of rule (not that you were! :)).

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTJs are an excellent match for INFJs.

My INFJ is turning this LION into a calico kitty.

finalfantasy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It is entirely cruel and heartless of you two to date each other! There are now two ENTPs (well, maybe just one really randy one) out there devastated that two more INFJs are out of bounds. For shame :(

So you're looking for a male INFJ? I'm right here man :)

ENFPs rock! And ENTPs as well! Wish I could meet some in real life

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So you're looking for a male INFJ? I'm right here man :)

ENFPs rock! And ENTPs as well! Wish I could meet some in real life

*licks fingers and pushes back fringe* Why hullooo there! :biggrin:

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I adore pretty much every INFJ I know. If I were still single, I'd kill to find an nice, dateable INFJ man. You guys are just so hard to find. :)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Man I don't believe I read through all of that lol. I'm glad the ENFP is getting some love, since I know for a fact that I find INFJ women sexy :). Do you guys think gender plays a big role in this? I mean, do you think female INFJ's have different type tastes from male INFJ's?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you guys think gender plays a big role in this? I mean, do you think female INFJ's have different type tastes from male INFJ's?

Many of them just like men.

:devil:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Many of them just like men.

:devil:

See Trinity, there's 2 ways I can read that.

1. That INFJ's are either chicks or gay men.

2. That I need a penis, and not just the budget one I currently have.

Both are probably true.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I believe it's INFP. Now where would you find one... hmmm....

jk jk.

It's ENFP/ESFP.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think INFJ/ENTP is a great match but I can see where ENFP might potentially provide more harmony and more of an emotional connection.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get on with ENFPs pretty well irl, but romantically I find myself drawn to either variety of xNTP.

However, to my knowledge I've never dated any of the aforementioned... we never get past the prologue stage.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So perhaps there is something to the INFJ + ExxP theory. Still, I can see where a quiet, reserved, shy INFJ might not click so well with an expressive, open, talkative ExxP. I'm being Captain Obvious and repeating what has already been said but there are so many variables that I don't think it would be wise to set your cap on one particular MBTI type as any kind of rule (not that you were! :)).

Oh, I for one always appreciate the visitation of Captain Obvious! :smile: And totally agree.

Yeah... there IS something to be said for INFJ+ENxP. It's its own dynamic with its own positives. Also its own negatives that aren't present in other pairings. And it's 1000% dependent on the individual and the type of relationship that they're wanting - AND of course who they fall in love with and tons of other variables (shared goals, interests, values, lifestyle, any number of other things).

I myself am with an INTJ right now and :heart: him. For me, it's been the most rewarding, meaningful relationship to date.

But I know there are INFJ's on this forum who would hate being with an INTJ - I know there's one who's 100% into her SFJ, and others into their xNTP's, and others into their STP's..... etc. :yes:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Let's see, I know one woman who calls herself INFJ, and one man, my bro-in-law.

the woman was married to an ESTP, very macho, never had anything to say. He cheated on her. She is no longer married to him.
My sister is probably something like an ENTJ. She and b-i-l seem not idealy matched, in my opinion. They do enjoy they're mutual sense of superiority.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My sister is probably something like an ENTJ. She and b-i-l seem not idealy matched, in my opinion. They do enjoy they're mutual sense of superiority.

i do like exxj 1s for this reason. so barbed and deliciously critical. it's a fun game to play. and both sides seem to recognize that it's a game and take pleasure in that fact without being put off by harmless hyperbole and dark humor. we're targets to ya know!

as for the main question, i probably see nps as viable. i prefer enp 7w6s and probably 4w5 infps. i also see intjs as totally viable. enneagram types i like are 7w6s, 4s (both), and probably 1s. they're so goddamned practical. right now, and not necessarily romantically, i'm surrounding myself with so/sx types. i feel like i need coaching about how to properly play social games. i'm trying to broaden out so i would potentially be open to stps as well. but there's a good chance that that's just fucking crazy! entp 3w4s can be intoxicatingly charismatic, but i'm not sure about all the power games. when they're looking to accomplish a goal (especially sx types), they get so dismissive. i think we might hate each other.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Personally, I much prefer INFP and ENTJ. Though ENFP seems genuinely interesting in the beginning, I have to admit that it is extremely difficult for me to trust them entirely when romantically involved. Nevertheless, they can be great conversationalist and friends.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always thought INFJs ended up mostly with ISTPs or EXTPs

KellBell

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJs natural make is the ENTP, but we would also do well with an INFP or INTP or ENFP in my opinion. Our dual is an ESTP, but I'm unsure of how well that works, there's a lot of conflicting information. As well, INFJs females and INTJs males are said to have a fated feeling relationship.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't think there is a romantic match for me... Well, it's hard to answer questions like these. You may think you are compatible with a particular someone in theory, but real life is much different. In my life I can surely say that I have fancied an ENFP, ENFJ and ISFP. But I didn't get particularly close to anyone of them, if we did maybe we would've hated eachother. I always imagine all ENFP's to be 7's, and for some reason I always imagine that all 7's hate me. Honestly I imagine that everyone hates me right now.