User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are male INFJ's really that uncommon?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 53.57%
  • No

    5 17.86%
  • I don't know.

    8 28.57%
First 2101112131422 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 340

  1. #111
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post
    I'm pretty sold on the ENxP/INFJ combination. They provide the excitement and creativity and adventures that I crave but am often too reserved to seek out, and I feel that I provide stability and reasoning and ideas.
    I think INFJ/ENTP are like the same person flipped around. I really admire INFJ's for the most part. They just really know themselves so well. Though they can go bad just like ENTP's. Seems to be the potential for narcissism in both.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  2. #112
    Senior Member penelope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think INFJ/ENTP are like the same person flipped around. I really admire INFJ's for the most part. They just really know themselves so well. Though they can go bad just like ENTP's. Seems to be the potential for narcissism in both.
    I think that's completely true. I'm not sure how it works, but there is definitely some kind of "same person, flipped around." I think the combination brings out the best in the other and also compliments well.

  3. #113
    Senior Member Desperado44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    471

    Default

    They are amazing people.

    I like 'em for their quiet slooooooowwww....smolder......
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

  4. #114
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    They are amazing people.

    I like 'em for their quiet slooooooowwww....smolder......
    Yeah, I like that. Good way to put it.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  5. #115
    Junior Member AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    28

    Default

    ENFP! I might be a bit biased though, because I have the most amazing INFJ boyfriend. We were really close six years leading up to our relationship, and I can't even explain how happy he makes me.

    Okay, it's not all rainbows and sunshine, we're both extremely stubborn, and sometimes he goes into his whole pissy you said something that offended me, and instead of talking about it I'm going to shut down completely so you can't hurt me any more than you already have mode (luckily, we've both been open communication wise, and he really makes an effort to go through that cycle pretty quickly). I also get annoyed with the way he gets stuck on some things, just like I'm sure he gets annoyed with my need to talk out all sides of an issue to the point where it's hard to tell where I stand, haha.

    However, while I find his whole moody artistic side frustrating, it drives me totally wild (especially the amazing way he can turn a phrase). He has this amazingly dry, sarcastic sometimes sadistic sense of humour, while still being one of the most selfless people I know. He's intense, genuine, and yet we can still goof off like 5 year olds and go on a late night splashing in rain puddles adventure. I also love how we both understand when the other needs space, or when we need no space, haha.

    I think almost everything about him from the way his body gets wrapped up in his drawing and music, to his slight arrogance when he's debating a subject he's both knowledgeable and passionate about, is intriguing and alluring. I find it hard to believe that other people totally miss all this about him, because he can be aloof and doesn't really make it easy for other people, but I've always been able to see straight through him. He's absolutely amazing.

    Basically, ENFP+INFJ rocks... at least for me, haha.

  6. #116
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,161

    Default

    I've stopped believing in type matches and decided to sit back and watch what happens.

  7. #117
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    ENFP! I might be a bit biased though, because I have the most amazing INFJ boyfriend. We were really close six years leading up to our relationship, and I can't even explain how happy he makes me.

    Okay, it's not all rainbows and sunshine, we're both extremely stubborn, and sometimes he goes into his whole pissy you said something that offended me, and instead of talking about it I'm going to shut down completely so you can't hurt me any more than you already have mode (luckily, we've both been open communication wise, and he really makes an effort to go through that cycle pretty quickly). I also get annoyed with the way he gets stuck on some things, just like I'm sure he gets annoyed with my need to talk out all sides of an issue to the point where it's hard to tell where I stand, haha.

    However, while I find his whole moody artistic side frustrating, it drives me totally wild (especially the amazing way he can turn a phrase). He has this amazingly dry, sarcastic sometimes sadistic sense of humour, while still being one of the most selfless people I know. He's intense, genuine, and yet we can still goof off like 5 year olds and go on a late night splashing in rain puddles adventure. I also love how we both understand when the other needs space, or when we need no space, haha.

    I think almost everything about him from the way his body gets wrapped up in his drawing and music, to his slight arrogance when he's debating a subject he's both knowledgeable and passionate about, is intriguing and alluring. I find it hard to believe that other people totally miss all this about him, because he can be aloof and doesn't really make it easy for other people, but I've always been able to see straight through him. He's absolutely amazing.

    Basically, ENFP+INFJ rocks... at least for me, haha.
    i've said it before...but i'm sayin it again...yep...that was my parents...infj/enfp total best friends both artists and just had a great connection...i think it works too!! so yay you!! glad you're happy!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Dude, ur talking about real people supposed to like each other, not an awkward fanboy and the INTJ as some kind of teacher in the ways of socialization and life. That's a job for a social workers damn it : P

    Meh, anybody would see an undeveloped WHATEVER, as undeveloped. Really, this way of going for the 'discount chick' looks like ur trying to sell cars.

    People don't like each other because you argued them into it damn it. No matter how pretty they look on a calendar, some pairs are just not meant to be, except for particular cases OFC.(and i'm glad for them)


    Oh, what's that smell. Is somebody cooking fanboys?
    Yes, I realize that there are in fact real people out and (god forbid) this whole MBTI thing is about them, not just 4 letter combinations and a collection of cognitive functions we assign to them. So if MBTI is to be anything useful, we should be able to use it to examine how people interact.

    I've seen INTP/INFJ work quite well in my personal life, so I'm not just making things up for no reason.

    If you think I'm trying to say INFJ's would teach INTP's the basics of socializing, I question your reading comprehension. What is definintely true thoug is that INTP's often approach socialization from an overly distant, psychological perspective, so the INFJ's alogical (yet often sage) intuition about people will be something attractive and interesting.

    As far as I can tell, your point is basically this:
    NO, YOU'RE WRONG. YOU PRESENTED REASONS FOR WHAT YOU SAID, BUT YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO USE REASONS HERE.


    If you'd like to have an ad hominem attack ridden flame war, feel free to PM me if you have any more anger you need to anonymously take out over the internet. I feel your pain buddy, I was like that in middle school.

  9. #119
    Member Dash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    31

    Default

    My "ideal" girlfriend would probably be INfJ/P.

    Slightly more emotional and introverted than I am, she would even unintentionally create a sort of "save haven" for me. When I'm around most people, I typically have at least some of my guard up (not so much on here though...especially in the NF forum =D). If I could just feel like I could truly "let go" around her...I'd love her for that alone. <3<3<3.

    I would also like her to be intense like I am...but depending on the girl, I might like a really layed back P. Hard to say I guess =/.

    My ideal boyfriend though, would probably be an InFP. Someone to add a nice "lightness" to my life...I would really enjoy that.

    I don't know if I'm like most INFJs though...I'm the serious/psychologist/teacher/jedi "subtype" (I'll have to do some more research into those). So my prefrence is but a small drop of water in an ocean =). Not to say most INFJs aren't like I am...not enough data yet =/.
    I don't have a picture up so...here's my youtube with me doing all sorts of crazy martial arts flips and kicks....=D.

    http://www.youtube.com/dashblades

  10. #120
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    My "ideal" girlfriend would probably be INfJ/P.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    she would even unintentionally create a sort of "save haven" for me. When I'm around most people, I typically have at least some of my guard up (not so much on here though...especially in the NF forum =D). If I could just feel like I could truly "let go" around her...I'd love her for that alone. <3<3<3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    I would also like her to be intense like I am...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Someone to add a nice "lightness" to my life...I would really enjoy that.
    I'm not playing devil's advocate here, (well yes, I am, I am always am!) but aren't all your wishes -1(the emotional thing) describing an entp ?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 01:47 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFPS: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 12:48 AM
  3. New Essay: Romantic Matches and Type
    By Blackwater in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 04:36 PM
  4. [MBTItm] SP-SJ Romantic Match
    By Cimarron in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO