Sniffles

Eh.....everybody hates me!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

People don't like me. People never have liked me, and never will.

I've learned to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Eh.....everybody hates me!
    Amen, brotha. Amen.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

When I feel as if nobody around cares for me, I sing in my head: "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat wooorms." And then I feel inexplicably better.

Maybe because it's like, well, worms are gross, so screw all of those haters.

I know that most people don't like me a whole lot because I'm distant, and I can't say that I don't care. But at least I can say that, lol.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    I feel as if nobody around cares for me
    i can relate to that part of what you said... its as if im surrounded by dozens of friends yet i still feel alone because none ever really see where im coming from.. mentally.
    i would say that im liked though... in high school i was always able to "hop" from group to group, had no real problems..a few would try to bully me because i was the "nice guy" but i always stuck up for myself.. im not one to start a fight.. but i will finish one if provoked. it one of thos things i never really notice until after the fact or someone brings it up. its like..."hmm... i guess people did like me enough to volunteer me to run for class president without me knowing"
    i guess they liked me more then i noticed at the time..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by kryten5786 View Post
    i can relate to that part of what you said... its as if im surrounded by dozens of friends yet i still feel alone because none ever really see where im coming from.. mentally.
    i would say that im liked though... in high school i was always able to "hop" from group to group, had no real problems..a few would try to bully me because i was the "nice guy" but i always stuck up for myself.. im not one to start a fight.. but i will finish one if provoked. it one of thos things i never really notice until after the fact or someone brings it up. its like..."hmm... i guess people did like me enough to volunteer me to run for class president without me knowing"
    i guess they liked me more then i noticed at the time..
    Hmm, maybe we have a habit of carrying the insecurities of our pasts along with us until they bleed into reality.

So I guess assuming that someone doesn't like you doesn't actually mean they don't like you.

That is comforting.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

For a long time I had a problem that people genuinely liked me, but made no effort to reach out to me. It wasn't even that I didn't reach out to them. I would go up to them every day, but on the days where I'd be inside my head or make no effort to talk to them, I would be completely alone and nobody would come up to me.

Now, because:
    a. My best friend is back at school
    b. I'm apart of their classes, and thus their routine.
    c. My social skills have greatly improved

The problem seems to have disappeared for the time being.

Which, obviously is no benefit to you, unless I give some suggestions. XD
    1. How you present yourself is very important. If you feel shy or uncomfortable, you will make them feel uncomfortable too. Try to be, or at least come across as, happy and confident. Don't mumble. I used to mumble and talk quickly, and it's a lot easier to talk to people now that they can understand me. XD I try to smile a lot. Don't be hyper-conscious of how they're reacting to you. [Unless they're giving you strong vibes to go away.]
    2. Talk about them. Find out what they are passionate about, and ask them questions about it. Show GENUINE interest! This is easy to do when you share their interests. Checking up on them later is good as well. If they mentioned their heavy work load, ask them how they're doing a few days later. Ask them in depth questions that require more than a yes or no answer. Feel comfortable with continuing the conversation. Using their name a lot helps, too.
    3. Genuine compliments are great. I've found that complimenting clothes is an easy way to talk to someone, since I'm a girl XD. [I like your shoes; where did you get them?] However, if you have something deeper to comment about the person, by all means do it. The other day, one of my friends posted something on facebook about being themselves. One of my acquaintances started talking about how sometimes she was afraid to be herself. I wrote a [completely genuine] statement that everyone around her could tell how fun and hilarious she was, and admired her for it. Now, she wants to get to know me better. Most people are insecure; do things to alleviate that insecurity.
    4. If you see an opportunity to help someone, take it. Minor things like sharing food, loaning out pencils, etc, are instant ways to increase likeability.
    5. Have a lot of experiences in life that you will be able to talk about. How will you appear interesting to people if you never do anything? Going out and doing things give you something to talk about!

Above all: treat everyone as if their already your friend. This makes everything a lot easier.
    Everybody needs love.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have no idea sometimes. For much of my life, I didn't feel liked. Finally I accepted that I might actually be liked (and that seems to be the case)... but it's one of those weird things... I feel like the person that everyone likes but that no one thinks of inviting anywhere. I've even had people IRL that expressed envy because everyone supposedly liked me... yet why then did I usually still find myself alone much of the time and forgotten when it comes to doing things together? It might be me, I might be the problem here by not taking enough initiative.

Fidelia's comments very much resonated with me:

I've found an incredible difference since deciding to approach people instead of waiting for them to approach me. I watched my ESTJ boyfriend do that and with people we had both known for the same amount of time, they gravitated toward him, issued invites to parties for me through him etc. I was very frustrated about it for awhile because I actually invested much more in keeping those friendships going and also was much less likely to talk about them behind their backs etc. Then I realized that part of it is that he is less reluctant to "impose" himself on others and also takes time all the time for small talk with people. Because everyone is a little insecure themselves, they appreciate having a clear message that they are liked, that the person wants to be friends, and that the person has even assumed an amount of friendship enough to invite himself over to watch the game and bring supper or snacks for everyone etc.
    I think that is a very very big thing. One of my issues is that I *despise* the thought of imposing on others, I feel like I'm intruding. But that's a fallacy on my part, and I've been learning to take initiative and insert myself, so as to be included; it's just hard because it still feels wrong to me on some level, even if my brain has figured out that it's not wrong at all.

I have also noticed that over the years as I have started feeling more confident and comfortable in my own skin, I have more space in my head to focus on the other person and how they feel. People love having a chance to talk about themselves and appreciate you remembering what is going on in their lives, their likes and dislikes, interests and people important to them.
    again, an important point. It's really easy for each of us to talk about ourselves sometimes, and a lot of us do this in our posts. It is not uncommon to see a thread where people respond to the OP and just talk about themselves and say nothing about anyone else's posts in the thread. I do it too. But I think maybe we would connect better and build friendships if instead on occasion our posts were responses to someone else's post rather than just a dump of our own feelings on the matter.

I have also started to understand that sometimes what seems like cool or distant behaviour has more to do with their own feelings of insecurity rather than something being wrong with me.
    Yup, that too. I used to think it meant I screwed up in some way. Why was I crediting other people with more poise and confidence than me? Everyone can actually be anxious on some level, and we're all waiting for acceptance. We can offer acceptance first and put them at ease.

As time goes on, I have also realized that not everyone will click together and that doesn't mean there' something wrong with either person. It kind of takes the heat off then.
    Another big deal. I used to feel like I had to be everyone's friend, as deeply as possible. Nowadays I am happier because I have accepted that there are just some people who I can't be friends with easily... people who might not even LIKE me regardless of how I behave. And it's okay. Not all of us are compatible.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP

I can emphathize with the head being in the clouds bit. I love people but sometimes I prefer to be alone, just deep in my own thoughts.

I realize I'm really bad at feigning interest. My mind tends to wander alot and switch quickly from topic to topic, so if someone is sticking to one topic that I'm totally uninterested in, I tend to smile and nod and pretty much not add anything to the conversation.
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    @CC: not the most modest person are you?
    I'm more honest than modest. In other words, more than likely; honesty>modesty.

Especially for us, women.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles