User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Have you felt this way?

Like if everything that you see it's not real. That it might be and illusion or something? It's weird.

MBTI
    xxxx

It's possible.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

When I was a kid I confided in one of my siblings that I wondered if there was actually a limited number of "people" who were able to morph into other forms and interact with me as other people. Because you really only interact with a certain number of people at a time.

My mistake was that I told this to one of my siblings. I believe my whole family is "S." You can imagine what happened from this, especially with two older brothers. I got teased mercilessly about "blobs that change form"

Little did I know it was actually a good theory.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by enfp1091 View Post
    Like if everything that you see it's not real. That it might be and illusion or something? It's weird.
    Occasionally I used to think sometimes that everything I see may seem one way to me, but the picture may totally be different to someone else. But then I solved that mystery when I realized the things I touched matched what I saw. So the combination of the sense of touch along with sight resolved the dilemma.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Occasionally I used to think sometimes that everything I see may seem one way to me, but the picture may totally be different to someone else. But then I solved that mystery when I realized the things I touched matched what I saw. So the combination of the sense of touch along with sight resolved the dilemma.
    So S!!! But that's a good thing
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by enfp1091 View Post
    I get a similar feeling once in a while. I kind of like it, though. It's as if you can feel things going in slow motion and you're sort of in-between some "realities" for a split second and then the reality checks in again. Snap.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I know what you mean. Plato thought that everything was an illusion and the only 'real' things existed in the world of forms. Not a weird thing for Ns at all, in fact I've had this very conversation with several N friends of mine, some S too, believe it or not.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Back when I was a kid those type of thoughts would pop up in my head very often.

Like for example, I was in class one day and I suddenly wondered if all the other kids around me and the desk I sat in wasn't actually there but something created within my head and what I was really doing was wandering around in some void that I unconsciously filled with my imagination...

Never talked about it to anyone before. It was just a passing thought that I forgot about by the next day.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

No, I have the opposite problem. I have an eidetic imagination, so it can be hard for me to tell my memories of daydreams from my memories of actual experiences, except by reasoning through it. (Ghandi died before I was born. Therefore, I have never actually conversed with him, no matter how vivid my recollection.) I have an excess of real-seeming, not a shortage!
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

I once got it in my head that everyone aroud me was, effectively, a cardboard cut out, and there was a large possibility I was one too, or a robot.

That was one bad period. Pretty trippy, it was like my head was short circuiting, phrases like 'this isn't real' would go on repeat, broken record style. Everything got very cold and vacant, and then would flip to being quite scary and manic in my head and back. My short term memory half shut down, I'd know who I thought I was, but forget what I was doing sort of thing.

I guess being emotionally cold can make reality seem...unstuck, sort've likey you're looking at life through the wrong end of a telelscope, not helped by fuzzy logic.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent