User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTp

^oh wow gandhi! what was the conversation? v interesting.

back in grade 1 i would generally try to be very still and see if this world would slow down and let me go/rise/do something weird/disturb the physics?.

i tried to move into other peoples minds and see how they (outside the bus) would be seeing me and my school bus when stationery (at a crossing) and me staring at them and them looking at me then we both would be the same person! lol i did this with anyone i saw out of the school bus or car window early morning on way to school. interestingly this way i could imagine everyone to be just me looking back at the previous body, everytime i moved from one person to the next the previous person would be in still motion until everything slowed down and stood still. that was the theory. but the problem is everyone kept moving/looking here and there so i couldn't take it too far in my head LOL

i lost this habit/ability by 2nd or 3rd grade. but oddly even today i take the window seat in trains and try to repeat subconsciously a shadow of the above.

hmmm just a thought... maybe thats why people stand still in prayers or funerals... specially funerals... to let the soul depart peacefully and help its detachment by everyone being still!

edit: mabe thats why there are repeat memorial services say for those have died in war, where a large part of a particular area people are still. so as to let the wandering soul cool off the agitation and it be conducive for it to leave the lower astral planes.?? just a thought building on and on..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by slumdogtrillionaire View Post
    ^oh wow gandhi! what was the conversation? v interesting.
    Ghandi is typically one of the people that I imagine a conversation with when I'm pondering a moral issue around the use of force. I don't need to convince him; I just need to figure out how to express my opinion in a respectable (and respectful) way.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by enfp1091 View Post
    Like if everything that you see it's not real. That it might be and illusion or something? It's weird.
    It IS just an illusion. What you "see" is what your brain interprets from the electrical impulses it receives from your sense organ (eyes/sight). The REALITY of the world that you see around you is merely ENERGY that is operating at different wavelengths and frequencies. The reality is that everything including yourself and I, is ENERGY. The atom itself is practically hollow(vacuum) with a few electrons coming in and out of our existence, it's not even there 100% of the time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ I learnt about this

I used to have a theory when I was a 6 year old kid that whatever I touch I'm not really touching. That there is the tiniest bit of space between you an the object. Or else I would connect with the object. That it is just sense and the possibility that sense is not real and just an illusion.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    ^ I learnt about this

I used to have a theory when I was a 6 year old kid that whatever I touch I'm not really touching. That there is the tiniest bit of space between you an the object. Or else I would connect with the object. That it is just sense and the possibility that sense is not real and just an illusion.
    Intuition at it's finest. Because now we know that's the truth.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    It IS just an illusion. What you "see" is what your brain interprets from the electrical impulses it receives from your sense organ (eyes/sight). The REALITY of the world that you see around you is merely ENERGY that is operating at different wavelengths and frequencies. The reality is that everything including yourself and I, is ENERGY. The atom itself is practically hollow(vacuum) with a few electrons coming in and out of our existence, it's not even there 100% of the time.
    This is true...

Could the op elaborate on 'illusion'?
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    STP

Illusions are nothing more than a lack of understanding of whats behind what you see. So the less you understand a certain things the more it will seem like an illusion.

I dont see things as illusions, I just see them as not yet understood, but whatever it is it works. Somethings I dig into, somethings I dont.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by enfp1091 View Post
    Like if everything that you see it's not real. That it might be and illusion or something? It's weird.
    Yes. When I entered High School I started to wonder about that. Sadly, whenever I expressed those opinions to anyone, they thought I was a stoner.

If you really want to think about it critically, then yes, we do perceive the world as an illusion. When I say this, I mean that we only have a few ways of looking at the universe (the five senses), but we miss information that would be viewed by things like sonar, UV vision, Heat seeking, ect.

Thus, what we think we know about the world only comes from a limited perspective. It is not the full picture.

In addition, the human brain naturally connects patterns where there are none. For instance, a child with an active imagination may think the shadows of branches from outside his window are hands. I believe this kind of mentality is ever present when people claim to see ghosts, demons, UFOs, ect. In fact, they want to see those things.

Don't feel bad. You should know that your theory is the mark of an intelligent person. There are few people who are gifted with such intuition.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Illusions are nothing more than a lack of understanding of whats behind what you see. So the less you understand a certain things the more it will seem like an illusion.

I dont see things as illusions, I just see them as not yet understood, but whatever it is it works. Somethings I dig into, somethings I dont.
    To me illusions (as a stand alone concept) are a smokescreen to the truth, whereby you can understand this fact, and know there can be nothing hidden by an illusion, if that makes sense...ie you see and understand the illusion...Like you can see a magic trick from the side, where if you hang this magical blanket in front of something, it'll look like somthing completely different.You see the magicianholding the blanket, the blanket and the supposed real image, and the real image, or non image (ie nothing). Though this could in itself be an illusion, ie there are also illusions you don't understand(in this case realise are there), like you(poki) said.

But this is more of a theoretical approach, I'd forgotten the op said 'felt'...

OP, we need you!
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

Ginkgo

One more thing: When I was a kid, I often thought that people had different senses because they enjoyed things that I did not. For instance, I hated spinach, but my dad loved it. From this, I concluded that my dad must have different taste buds or something.

Then I started to wonder if the colors I see were actually different for other people, but everyone identified them commonly because they were taught what certain colors were. It's hard to describe fully.

And of course, I often wondered if my (day)dream world was actually a portal to another dimension, viewable by me and me alone. It gave me comfort to think that my imagination was manifesting itself into something tangible.