User Tag List

1231151101 Last

Default Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

Just curious if anyone out there has anything against enfp's...

We are always curious as to what people really think about us so let us have it!

anything at all....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post

We are always curious as to what people really think about us so let us have it!

anything at all....
    You women are too nervous, never dress correctlty for the right occasion and always want sex when I just want to talk.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Every for-sure ENFP I've known has been great.

(Glad to be of absolutely no service!)
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I don't think that any hostility towards ENFPs you'll find has anything to do with the ENFP type-or the unconscious tendencies of people who call themselves ENFPs. It is mostly associated with the behaviors of such individuals when they are off-balance.

That is most commonly associated with a lack of involvement of Introverted Feeling in their psyche, because their Extroverted Intuition has been preponderous over their Introverted Feeling. Such individuals often tend to be fickle because they lack focus and tend to be dishonest because their Judging function (the one they do ethics with) is subservient to their Externally oriented function. There they will only try to convince others that they have those virtues that are associated with Introverted Feeling, without making sure that they truly do have them.

This, however can be rectified as the ENFP matures and strikes a fair balance between the involvement of their dominant and auxiliary function.
    Last edited by SolitaryWalker; 10-16-2007 at 03:46 PM.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/
    Likes RobinSkye liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Poor control of Ne. (This goes for ENTPs too.) I adore Ne and I am Disagreeable and single-minded enough to retain control of a conversation despite multiple tangential interruptions, both of which probably make me more tolerant than most people, but if an ENXP needs to STFU and let someone else talk, even I want to throttle them. (Here's a relevant plug for a post I just made in the thread about ENFP/ENFJ dynamics.)

I agree with BlueWing that developing the auxiliary function is key.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I don't think that any hostility towards ENFPs you'll find has anything to do with the ENFP type-or the unconscious tendencies of people who call themselves ENFPs. It is mostly associated with the behaviors of such individuals when they are off-balance.

That is most commonly associated with a lack of involvement of Introverted Feeling in their psyche, because their Extroverted Intuition has been preponderous over their Introverted Feeling. Such individuals often tend to be fickle because they lack focus and dishonest because their Judging function (the one they do ethics) with is subservient to their Externally oriented function. There they will only try to convince others that they have those virtues that are associated with Introverted Feeling, without making sure that they truly do have them.

This, however can be rectified as the ENFP matures and strikes a fair balance between the involvement of their dominant and auxiliary function.
    BW. have you ever known ab ENFP in person?

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post

anything at all....

This made me laugh. ^^ I'm curious, too.

MBTI
    INTJ

My FIL and BIL are ENFPs and they can both be charming and annoying in the same breath. What I find most difficult about them probably has more to do with my type; they are both vociferous extroverts and they like to invade my (everyone's) personal space.

Ironically my FIL detests being interrupted - he can give it out but he just can't take it. And he can take the shortest story in existence and make it the longest.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ERTP

I too have suffered ENxPs who sooooo needed to STFU. Ne naturally loves being the center of attention and both enfp and entp have their various reasons to interrupt and/or unravel focus in conversations.

in a broaders context, this is a general character trait of obnoxious people. so while ENPs may have a natural inclination here its certainly no excuse. look at the person, not the type.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Most are really cool, but then there's that "findthejake" guy on here sometimes. He's exceptionally annoying.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.