• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree with Jaye. It's bizarre but a lot of the criticisms against ENFPs in this thread are experiences I have had personally with INFPs. I think this might be due to varying levels of Fi use. I know I am more comfortable using Te in extroverted scenarios than Fi.

I've had pretty much every type known to man accuse me of being combative, but the most flak I've taken is from Ni users, strangely enough. You would think they would appreciate my head-on approach, but they get SO upset with me. Perhaps I make them too uncomfortable.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
I don't know if it's a typical flaw with most NF's, but this ENFP won't sweep a single thing under a rug and leave it. It makes me crazy. I'd rather deal with a problem NOW.

But that may not be most ENFP's ?

I do that if I see the person often. Dealing with problems immediately.

But if it is infrequent the times I see them/contact them, like once every two weeks, then I usually ignore it and let it fester until they can't stand it anymore (not on purpose, but bc I usually reach a conclusion, and am in peace with what I think), then they bring it up, and they are surprised at how much thought I already put into it. =D

Lately I haven't been doing this though. Like not telling ppl why I left something early. I realize it rubbed them the wrong way now that I look back.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've had pretty much every type known to man accuse me of being combative, but the most flak I've taken is from Ni users, strangely enough. You would think they would appreciate my head-on approach, but they get SO upset with me. Perhaps I make them too uncomfortable.

I just think you know too many Ni users, more than the average person. So some of them are bound to not like this, because of their own personal quirks. I love your bluntness :yes:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by substitute View Post
I can see the same shit you do and I can have feelings about it too, but somehow I'm able to override my own feelings about it for the sake of expediency, efficacy and group dynamics

yeah i'm sorry but...you say that like that's the better way!!

get your fe away from my fi...it prefers to be left alone to do it's own thing. :p

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
yeah i'm sorry but...you say that like that's the better way!!

get your fe away from my fi...it prefers to be left alone to do it's own thing. :p

sometimes, in group situations, it is a better thing. but other times, well, I wish I had more Fi.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
fi is not just about being emotional though. it's about being individualistic too. believing in personal rights so it may make us stand firm and protect that right against those who would choose to take it from us.

true, but it's not always actual real rights or generally held rights, so much as things you personally believe are your rights or should be your rights. see the distinction?

Say for example, not having a violent crime committed against you - that's an actual, real and generally held right that nobody could reasonably dispute against.

But Fi can also perceive lots things as "inalienable rights" that are actually more to do with their personal preferences and unique individual values. These would be those times when you say things like "But I have a RIGHT to know!" in a very rhetorical way, as if to say that nobody would dispute that or see things differently, when in fact they might well do so.

What I said earlier about INFP's vs ENFP's was referring to this sort of thing, that I get a general impression that INFP's are more able to discern and be aware of when it's an actual right that's been violated, and therefore worth getting het up about and contesting, and when it's a perceived right that's been violated, one that it doesn't go without saying that everyone would automatically know is important or a value to you, and so should be addressed more cautiously and with more flexibility.

(just speculating again)

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I agree with Jaye. It's bizarre but a lot of the criticisms against ENFPs in this thread are experiences I have had personally with INFPs. I think this might be due to varying levels of Fi use. I know I am more comfortable using Te in extroverted scenarios than Fi.

YES. Holds true for as well. INFJs and INFPs in particular, in real life. Yes, conflict-savvy was the nicest thing I've been called by one. I'm still considering it a compliment... don't burst that bubble. :smile:

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I just think you know too many Ni users, more than the average person. So some of them are bound to not like this, because of their own personal quirks. I love your bluntness :yes:

:hug:

Perhaps I do know a disproportionate amount of them. lol And the only complaints were from men, so it's possible that it's more of a gender issue than an Ni issue.

It's wonderful that you appreciate my bluntness, because I'm afraid it's hardwired into my brain now. :cheese: I do try always to be tactful, and remind myself why I'm in a conflict in the first place, which is for both parties to be heard and understood, and for a resolution to be reached. Otherwise, it's just a brawl, and I'm not interested in unproductive arguing.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That's it. You're outta the club.

Hey, I walk alone! Naw, just playing...

It's true, sometimes I wish I had more Fi - I can't even comprehend what it is, and it kills me to not know something.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
:rofl1: Jeno - do you have a count for how many times people have tried to take your card away? Don't you print these cards in your basement?

I do have a count. 4 people have tried to kick me out.
I think that's a good thing. No self respecting ENTP would want to blindly follow anyone anywhere. :tongue:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's wonderful that you appreciate my bluntness, because I'm afraid it's hardwired into my brain now. :cheese: I do try always to be tactful, and remind myself why I'm in a conflict in the first place, which is for both parties to be heard and understood, and for a resolution to be reached. Otherwise, it's just a brawl, and I'm not interested in unproductive arguing.

That's my take on it too...*sigh* I wish you were a guy!

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey, I walk alone! Naw, just playing...

It's true, sometimes I wish I had more Fi - I can't even comprehend what it is, and it kills me to not know something.

LOL. I feel the same way about Ni. It's mystifying! And yet, I want to get in the Ni car and drive it around! ...even if I'm not licensed to operate it.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
LOL. I feel the same way about Ni. It's mystifying! And yet, I want to get in the Ni car and drive it around! ...even if I'm not licensed to operate it.

I would love this!!! :wubbie: Guess I'll have to settle for mind-melding with Ni folks instead.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I do have a count. 4 people have tried to kick me out.
I think that's a good thing. No self respecting ENTP would want to blindly follow anyone anywhere. :tongue:

You tell them. They're not the boss of you.

That's my take on it too...*sigh* I wish you were a guy!

LOL. Isn't it always like that?! How annoying.