• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Every few months, he eats me out of house and home and blows through my kitchen like a tornado with his cooking.

Chloe

Seriously, I can't help it! When someone is upset or anything, I just have to listen! Not that I always care, but most people are interesting creatures.

+1

but funny thing is, I'm not that motivated to help them. Not always. It's more fascination and insight. So, I don't fuckin' understand what career suits me. I'm not that into helping people.................................... :shock:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmmm. *ponders*

So that's why seem they like me. :yes:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, but how often you are nice just because you don't want problems/conflict.
I doubt that you are very interested in people 100% of the time.

Just curious.

yeah really... i don't talk to people i''m not interested in and i'm not really afraid of conflict. i can usually handle it just fine.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I too have suffered ENxPs who sooooo needed to STFU. Ne naturally loves being the center of attention and both enfp and entp have their various reasons to interrupt and/or unravel focus in conversations. :headphne: :party:

in a broaders context, this is a general character trait of obnoxious people. so while ENPs may have a natural inclination here its certainly no excuse. look at the person, not the type.

It is scary how much I can relate to this. I feel the happiest when I am the center of attention, so I try to do what I can to get it. I enjoy getting reactions out of people- seeing my influence.

Chloe

It is scary how much I can relate to this. I feel the happiest when I am the center of attention, so I try to do what I can to get it. I enjoy getting reactions out of people- seeing my influence.

I don't like that much being in center of attention (some introverts would disagree but because they are very I, or when I'm around ONLY Is). But I like to be in "center of happenings".

about needing to STFU - oh, thats true. :huh:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Ok, but how often you are nice just because you don't want problems/conflict.
I doubt that you are very interested in people 100% of the time.

Just curious.

Not saying you believe otherwise, but you must understand that ENFPs are all about the people. We do generally tend to like and relate (however slightly) to most people. And we do have very strong values (Fi), meaning if anyone were to cross the line we wouldn't hesitate to make ourselves heard.

Scarfism

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w9
They don't like it when people don't like them and then will try to make that person like them and as soon as they do, they lose interest.

AceofSpades

MBTI Type
INFJ
Unhealthy ENFP's - Can be needy, judgmental, annoying, can jump from relationship to relationship and can be overly talkative.

Healthy ENFP's - Some of the most beautiful people in the world. Smart, sincere, positive, fun, genuine, achievers, protective, friendly. Can be the perfect mate.

Superficial, but I think you'll get the point.

whale miner

MBTI Type
ENFP

i agree 100% :D a few of the people i know figured out when i do this and they say it's endlessly annoying

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
They don't like it when people don't like them and then will try to make that person like them and as soon as they do, they lose interest.

I have seen this. Unhealthy ENFP's are brat-style masochists. They want to be held on the cusp between love and disregard.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I just wanted to chime in again about 'child-like' and 'childish'. The 'youthfulness' is part of the make-up of an ENFP and no matter how old physically we get, we'll always hang onto the idealism and optimism and true *joy* and excitement over things that is considered "child-like". It's really hard to truly jade an ENFP.

Does anyone remember Calvin and Hobbes and the Frosted Chocolate Sugar Bombs story line where he sends away for the beanie (that thinks will make him fly?) See how 'jaded' he got when he had to wait 4-6 agonizing weeks for it to arrive (that's freakin ETERNITY in child years) and how he said it ruined him? That's how jaded ENFPs get. We may act like we're done with something or someone or crushed and Will Never Believe Again, but 9.5/10 chances, we're not.

We want to believe, we want it to work out, it's that sickeningly maddeningly unadulterated knee jerk orientation to life and driving need for good to triumpth over evil and puppy dogs to live forever and etc. etc. etc. that's in our marrow.

I think that drives some people nuts or at least gets on their nerves.

Seriously, happy people get on people's nerves.

And yeah, ENFPs can be childish as well as child-like.

Let's just say "youthful" and call it a day, shall we?

BTW, I've known an immature ENFP or two in my time. Well intentioned, sweet girl but hella annoying. She was all a whirlwind of (too much) energy and misdirected outbursts and poorly worded attempts at banter - almost like an untested ENTP (HAR HAR HAR) Sometimes her Ne would lead her out (way out) of the flow of conversation and she would basically take over the conversation to talk about some personal tangent that let people looking puzzled.

The funny thing is, she especially annoyed other EF and NF types! Hahahaha. Okay, I'm just being mean now. But, she did get along really well with the very laid back INTJ so maybe there's something there to type dynamics.

Qre:us

Will take it personally (and defend in a superficially sweet, but, underlying bitter, fashion) at least, one part of any - points brought up in this thread. :doh:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Will take it personally (and defend in a superficially sweet, but, underlying bitter, fashion) at least, one part of any - points brought up in this thread. :doh:
Truth!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno, I think we do that more coz we want people to understand us, as we want to understand them. It's meant to promote communication and get rid of misunderstandings.