• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any and all of the 16 types are annoying without sufficient intelligence.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I hate all ENFPs...

..excepty Amargith :D

No but srysly, I don't think I like a lot of ENFPs, as most of them act like ESFPs, and are really fruity, bubbly, energetic, and a lot can be superficial..but that's more the females. I don't know of any on these forums like that, maybe because all female ENFPs here have brains, so no worries.

I think there must be at least two different kind of ENFPs..those with brains/souls, and those of a more superficial and less intelligent approach..but that may be ESFP, I don't know.

I meant to clarify something I said and that you agreed with once. Sure I like to break their balls (or...whatever) but if MBTI serves for anything it's exactly to disprove that theory and view of yours (and many other people). You can be bubbly and energetic and still have depth.

Also what the hell does intelligence have to do with anything? Being an N or an S isn't going to make you any more or less intelligent.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I hate all ENFPs...

..excepty Amargith :D

No but srysly, I don't think I like a lot of ENFPs, as most of them act like ESFPs, and are really fruity, bubbly, energetic, and a lot can be superficial..but that's more the females. I don't know of any on these forums like that, maybe because all female ENFPs here have brains, so no worries.

I think there must be at least two different kind of ENFPs..those with brains/souls, and those of a more superficial and less intelligent approach..but that may be ESFP, I don't know.

Heh, I think you are mistaking ESFP for ENFP.

Also, if you don't get to know an ENFP you can make assumptions about what they are really like and be wrong. Why does someone have to show you their "real" side, anyway?

G

garbage

Heh, I think you are mistaking ESFP for ENFP.

Also, if you don't get to know an ENFP you can make assumptions about what they are really like and be wrong. Why does someone have to show you their "real" side, anyway?

Unfortunately, the side someone shows you is the only side you have to go by in your evaluation of them.

And.. yeah, ENFP guys and ENFP girls are totally different in a lot of ways, somehow. You're all usually much more extroverted than we are.. although, my sample size for ENFP guys consists of two people in real life and also those on the forum..

Roflcopter

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea, this happened when I had a date on a night my best friend wanted to hang out. She was deeply offended that I was "choosing to hang out with my boyfriend over her" and I had to give an indepth explanation of my actions. Afterwards, she felt awful for putting me in such an impossible position (especially since we had not verbalized any plans with one another that night) but that wasn't until AFTER she made me feel like an awful friend. ENFPs, why in the world does something like this make you feel rejected? Do you normally set plans in your head with someone without verbalizing them, thus holding that person to a standard that they can never meet, and then feel rejected when they do not do what you wish they would do? I can see this a little in myself, so I guess it may be an NF thing - but I tend verbalize set plans much better & I don't take it personally if a friend hangs out with someone else when nothing was set in stone.

Yes, yes we do. :cheese:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ

Srsly?

Dudes, all a y'all, it's like you're ashamed, y'know? The need to be around people, to get attention, and to fly off to the new thing at the same time... it's like you're ashamed of those drives.

More and more lately I've been coming back to an odd motto I formulated when I was young, and who knew it would turn out to be important: "People have to live by what they say, so they'd better make sure what they say is true."

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Against ENFP's: Manipulative, flirty, and random. They're great when you finally get past the front and you get N to N conversation, but the front goes up immediately the conversation ends. I could see myself having one as a flame, but never as long term, unless one was much more mature than the one I know.

Chloe

Against ENFP's: Manipulative, flirty, and random. They're great when you finally get past the front and you get N to N conversation, but the front goes up immediately the conversation ends. I could see myself having one as a flame, but never as long term, unless one was much more mature than the one I know.

i hate when people describe ENFPs as they are all immature. its different -teenager and ENFPs.

We have fun side but most of us are very deep and capable of intelligent conversation, but we develop those T etc. traits slower then natural Ts.

Kungpowish

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
two

I don;t see why everyone is so hot for maturity, it's boring. I don;t know about you but I want excitment over the long term, and only crazy people can offer that.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Oh wow. I know Ni learns by being contradictory but at least the INFJs do it with a bit of class.

Re: ENFPs coming off as ESFPs. Yes, when I was a teenager I did behave like an ESFP. Se is incredibly practical, especially in social situations. As an Ne dominant I recognised this and tried to replicate it. When you interact with an ENFP only superficially, many will behave like that. We are always using our Ne, but we will not reveal all of our cards. Get an ENFP talking about ideas and they will let their Ne loose. Sadly, it takes a level of trust between the ENFP and another party for it to reach that point and ENFPs are never actually as trusting as they appear.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Oh wow. I know Ni learns by being contradictory but at least the INFJs do it with a bit of class.

Re: ENFPs coming off as ESFPs. Yes, when I was a teenager I did behave like an ESFP. Se is incredibly practical, especially in social situations. As an Ne dominant I recognised this and tried to replicate it. When you interact with an ENFP only superficially, many will behave like that. We are always using our Ne, but we will not reveal all of our cards. Get an ENFP talking about ideas and they will let their Ne loose. Sadly, it takes a level of trust between the ENFP and another party for it to reach that point and ENFPs are never actually as trusting as they appear.

this very much. there is an approval threshold that i keep for every person. sometimes i bait people with it too, asking rhetorical questions that only N people would actually understand. if the person doesn't understand it, i seem like i just have other interests; but if they do understand it, they seem to agree.

i always keep masks on so i can adapt to any situation. i can be your best friend or an enemy depending on how i present myself.

S

Sniffles

i hate when people describe ENFPs as they are all immature. its different -teenager and ENFPs.

We have fun side but most of us are very deep and capable of intelligent conversation, but we develop those T etc. traits slower then natural Ts.

I like Little Linguist's distinction between being child-like and being childish.

Personally I find female ENFPs absolutely adorable! :blush:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh wow. I know Ni learns by being contradictory[...]

It does?

If ever there was a group of people interested in being contrary, it is so far seeming to me to be ENFPs (and INFJs).

ENFPs mock, tease, or otherwise scuttle other people's (read: my) earnest proclamations. (INFJs just know that I'm wrong.)

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It does?

If ever there was a group of people interested in being contrary, it is so far seeming to me to be ENFPs (and INFJs).

Do you see how you aligned your intuition by launching an (albeit friendly) assessment of who it is if it isn't? It's like a framework for launching a contradiction paradigm. Trust me, understanding it in that way helps you use it better.

Also, care to elaborate on the use of the adjective "monster" with Ni? Monster like quantity or monster like quality?

ANNNND as long as I'm on the Ni train this early in the morning:

...Se is incredibly practical...

I completely disagree with this.

...Se is incredibly instinctual...

This seems far more accurate. Discuss.

Also, I think I want to try this little tiny trailing Ni paragraph too. It's pretty rad!

If you're wondering how ESFPs can be incredibly practical and get things done, while still primarily using an instinctual and "act in the moment" function, the explanation could be that they too have Te. (I used to work with an ESFP in politics)

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Do you see how you aligned your intuition by launching an (albeit friendly) assessment of who it is if it isn't? It's like a framework for launching a contradiction paradigm.

I'll see your obscure statement and raise you a "That's Te, dummy!" And I'll keep it friendly by insisting that "dummy" was included only because rhyme makes pithy statements more memorable. And I don't know why it should be Te rather than Ni, but you said "aligned" and if something's aligning my intuitions, it won't be anything other than the aligning tool, aka the auxiliary.

And I'll insist it wasn't merely like launching a contradiction paradigm, it actually was a(n implied) statement of contradiction. I noted that, in my humble experience, Ne wants to pop out alternatives to other people's statements. (It's annoying and tiresome, and ENFPs do it a lot. And actually, it's ENTPs that are the worst for that stuff.) Thus the (implied) actual contradiction--the contradictory-ing act--was, nah, it's not Ni that works that way, it's Ne.

The entire statement was driven by the intuition that whoever said "Ni uses contradiction to learn", was mis-identifying how another function works by comparing it to their own Ne.

(And INFJs got included in the statement because they use Fe and that's what makes them contrary, to me at least, not Ni.)

But... come to think of it... if Ne's all about blurting out the (other) possibilities, then .... [something something something, I don't know what] Ni too. [Because I think I've missed something here and you might be right.]

And you've all been hanging around INTPs too long if you're talking contradictions. Intuitive leaps and contradictions are opposed conceptual tools in the world of ideas: you accept and care about one, and not the other! It's a point of honour.

[But nonetheless, do you want to make a longer post about it. I have the sense that I missed the point and I'd like to know.]

Liddle text, liddle text, liddle liddle liddle text.

Look at all the other INTJs. I bet when we get carried away we all have symbolic writing tells. INTJs will at least use white space. INTPs will use point by point quotation and argument. Everyone else... dunno, they all just say "awesome" a lot, that's all I notice.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I know one with ADHD and he has his moments of Te. He's really a bully when it happens too. It makes me wonder if its him or the ADHD talkin'.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
S isn't instinctual. i'd go so far as to call simply call S the lack of N.