• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
But you are sure you are ENFP? I have an ENFJ friend who tested ENFP.

:holy:

That would actually be awesome -- I would get so much more accomplished in life. :yes:

My Fe isn't bad (I've been working on it) but my Fi outshines it.

Hey, you guys wanna try something fun and educational, and better yet, find out more about yourself? :holy:

Let's start a thread where ENFPs post our cognitive functions test results. I already know that a few ENFPs have taken this test, but it would be SO interesting to compare and contrast with other ENFPs here.

I know most of us only know each other here through the forum, but even from seeing posting habits and 'forum persona', it could be very enlightening.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I was an ENFP who tried to kill herself three times. No one at school even knew that I was depressed or unhappy. People I went to highschool with still react in shock when they discovered that the three months I was missing were spent in an institution.

My biggest trouble being an ENFP is dealing with my own sadness. My whole life I tried so hard to keep everyone happy that I felt like I was drowning inside. The worse I felt, the happier I acted and the harder I tried to make everyone else happy. I think ENFPs sometimes use their empathy to ignore their own pain. I thought if I stopped everyone else from feeling bad, my sadness would go away on its own.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm sorry to hear that Tiny. Glad it's all in the past.

I think ENFPs sometimes use their empathy to ignore their own pain.

This is soo true. I play the Sad Clown figure quite well.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That would actually be awesome -- I would get so much more accomplished in life. :yes:

Hey, you guys wanna try something fun and educational, and better yet, find out more about yourself? :holy:

Let's start a thread where ENFPs post our cognitive functions test results. I already know that a few ENFPs have taken this test, but it would be SO interesting to compare and contrast with other ENFPs here.

I know most of us only know each other here through the forum, but even from seeing posting habits and 'forum persona', it could be very enlightening.

i agree it would be interesting...my fe was almost as close as my fi and my ne/ ni was crazy high...both of them , i think and t was low.

edit: actually that was on the last test i took that eck posted...not sure it was very good...because i've tested enxp before...why would my t be so low? i think i retract that information can't be accurate...it was a self assessed thing probably not the best.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry to hear that Tiny. Glad it's all in the past.

This is soo true. I play the Sad Clown figure quite well.

see...such a sweet empathetic cool enfp guy response :smooch:

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh yeah. Yours is a good example of what happens to me sometimes. I've been called anti-social before. I mean, wtf! Me? Anti-social?? Sometimes I just like to be pensive and people misunderstand that. And I also made an effort to be more social after hearing that. And some people were very surprised to see the "new me". Unbelievably so.

That is hilarious! Anti-social? I mean people can be multi-dimensional, right? :huh:. I'm much more into calmness so, I really like when I am in that state of mind. A co-worker of mine told me that I need to be more consistent that it's not normal nor does it make sense to be like that! He said either be introverted or extroverted, but not both. Sigh. I had a lot of thoughts in my mind at work about non-work related stuff. Anyway, one of my co-workers brought me to the side to ask what was wrong with me. I was just trying to read my book.

How did you go about doing that? I notice I been probing more in conversations, expressing my humorous side, not bringing up anything remotely serious, etc.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I was an ENFP who tried to kill herself three times. No one at school even knew that I was depressed or unhappy. People I went to highschool with still react in shock when they discovered that the three months I was missing were spent in an institution.

My biggest trouble being an ENFP is dealing with my own sadness. My whole life I tried so hard to keep everyone happy that I felt like I was drowning inside. The worse I felt, the happier I acted and the harder I tried to make everyone else happy. I think ENFPs sometimes use their empathy to ignore their own pain. I thought if I stopped everyone else from feeling bad, my sadness would go away on its own.

Sorry to hear that, Tiny :hug:. I can relate to what you're saying a lot.

How do you go about dealing with it now?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP

i really relate to what you are saying here especially about the happy front! I desperately needed help as a kid but never got it cos I never really acted out!... just Acted up a storm LOL!!

Glad it's in the past and is probably what makes you stronger today!
Kisses Wild

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, yeah, when I try to discuss stuff with my sister oftentimes she looks at me like I'm crazy. No matter how much we love each other she just doesn't "get" it.

For example I was discussing about how I have analyzed my growing up and how "good" my parents actually are. She didnt "get" the whole someone started off as a "bad" parent I don't have to find the bad, it's easier for me to analyze them in a good light. The "good" parent I have to sort the "good" from the "ISFJ good" before finding out what she was really like. I don't even think my sister gets why I would analyze that. She isn't dumb at all, it's just really not her thing.

How is "good" different from "ISFJ good"? I'm curious.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Thats my own personal situation, Hmm, not a comment on ISFJ. I think it came down to someone thinking they "understood" everyone and not quite getting me.

CzeCze I wasn't saying you weren't enfp, I just wasn't what you had looked into since I thought you had said you didnt feel like other enfp's? I probably read it wrong.

Hugs, Tiny, it's so hard when you aren't understood. I remember feeling pretty alone as a teen.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I have just gotten back into therapy, mostly to deal with my unhealthy addiction to people who abuse me. I also met the love of my life, a very supportive INxP who tells me when I am deflecting and insists that we talk about the actual issue. I was annoyed at first but I realise now that having someone NFP at me is really what I needed all along. It's taking a while but I'm slowly realising that not all confrontation is bad and it can actually be healthy.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thats my own personal situation, Hmm, not a comment on ISFJ. I think it came down to someone thinking they "understood" everyone and not quite getting me.

Ahh. Well, there is probably even more "good" to it still. I don't know you all that well but I see hints of SJ in you that probably serve you well now that you've likely picked up from the SJs in your past. Perhaps if you did not have that influence, you would not be as balanced as you are now. I try to see things from positive or "everything happens for a good reason" angle.

mackie

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

I'll do that right now ;)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

That is hilarious! Anti-social? I mean people can be multi-dimensional, right? :huh:. I'm much more into calmness so, I really like when I am in that state of mind. A co-worker of mine told me that I need to be more consistent that it's not normal nor does it make sense to be like that! He said either be introverted or extroverted, but not both. Sigh. I had a lot of thoughts in my mind at work about non-work related stuff. Anyway, one of my co-workers brought me to the side to ask what was wrong with me. I was just trying to read my book.

How did you go about doing that? I notice I been probing more in conversations, expressing my humorous side, not bringing up anything remotely serious, etc.

Basically, by doing what you just described. Also, bringing the attention towards me a bit, by being outrageous, which consistently throws other people off-balance.

And no, people CANNOT be multi-dimensional!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

I'm hugging you.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would like to add: fickle, inconsistent, procrastinating, manipulative, revengeful, easily hurt, entitled, obnoxious, arrogant.

It won't be fair though if I don't acknowledge their strengths, so here are some I can think of right now:

Fun, funny, engaged, spontaneous, random, adventurous, loving, attached, friendly, charismatic, smart, imaginative, innovative.

Very good!

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hate ENFP's because I don't have any to hang out with (that I've found locally).

Does that count? For not moving near me;)

Bethedee

MBTI Type
INFJ
They can be pretty vindictive upon occasion if they feel slighted or abused in any way, but they can be pretty emotionally dependable too, for people they care about.