• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
ENFPs are insecure, emotional and illogical.

I would like to add: fickle, inconsistent, procrastinating, manipulative, revengeful, easily hurt, entitled, obnoxious, arrogant.

It won't be fair though if I don't acknowledge their strengths, so here are some I can think of right now:

Fun, funny, engaged, spontaneous, random, adventurous, loving, attached, friendly, charismatic, smart, imaginative, innovative.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Wow! Even MORE NT's since last night!!! I'm starting to get them.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nt's are cool alex. they just don't get offended easily so i don't think they always realize that it's hard for us to hear that stuff. some of it IS true...sucks though.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
O - I agree, but after a night on vent with 3 NT's pushing buttons and asking absurd hypothetical questions, i.e. "If there were a room of children and a room of elderly people, and you had to kill one (notice not save one) - which would you kill"...

Then of course yes, what seems to me as NF's are their favorite plaything - kinda forming not so great opinions finally (took a few months).

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Chess: "But Yes! There can be romance between a black Pawn and the enemy white Queen!"

Halo: "... Why must we shoot each other when the sky is so empty and beautiful?"

Starcraft/AgeofEmpires: "... Hear me, my army! As your leader, I will ensure -no one- dies! And if someone does, I'll press delete (suicide command) on every unit, that way he doesn't feel alone in the afterlife!"

Those are extreme examples but boy are we capable of transforming a bland game into the most Epic story ever.

LOL
I've never been one for computer games (did play chess with my INTJ father as a kid though - boy was THAT interesting!) but I could see myself doing the same thing.

And I SALUTE the beauty of your interracial, class-blind chess couple.

ENFPs are insecure, emotional and illogical.

Yes, sometimes and no.
Sure, we can be very insecure and present bleeding-heart syndrome - but you DO realise that - functionally speaking - ENFPs have EXTROVERTED THINKING AND INTROVERTED FEELING.

An ENFP educated in the ways of impartial reason and/or raised with an appreciation for logic may well kick your NT ass at abstract reasoning.

Gawd I get so frustrated with the stereotype that ENFPs are an illogical type just because we CARE about people (and - yea - have the inability to focus on one thing too long)

The one I know in real life can get to be a bit much sometimes, and has trouble pumping the brakes. I would also find it difficult to talk to her about anything remotely serious. It could just be her though, and I don't know her as much from an online standpoint as I know other ENFPs here. Maybe they're different in person. I know I am.

...Really? When going one-on-one with someone I've gotten the comment that I can be 'too' intense. I've heard other ENFPs on here jest about similar complaints from loved ones.
Sure, we have a 'silly switch' - but get down to the nitty-gritty, and we'd LOVE to talk for hours on end about things which you/we find important.

I would like to add: fickle, inconsistent, procrastinating, manipulative, revengeful, easily hurt, entitled, obnoxious, arrogant.

'Manipulative' is NOT something I'd ever attribute to any healthy ENFP.
Neither is arrogance - our insecurity only really manifests in this way in unhealthy versions of the type. 'Self-absorbed' may be more fitting, I know our insecurity can definitely turn us inwards.
Don't know where you got 'revengeful' from.
Other than that - fair enough, we often suck ;)

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
And another thing - I know ENFP's aren't perfect - no one is - depends on the person. I must say though out of all the people I've met on this forum - every ENFP I've come across has been really nice, open, and helpful. Kinda like "O LOOK! We are similar! HUGS!"

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
LOL

...Really? When going one-on-one with someone I've gotten the comment that I can be 'too' intense. I've heard other ENFPs on here jest about similar complaints from loved ones.
Sure, we have a 'silly switch' - but get down to the nitty-gritty, and we'd LOVE to talk for hours on end about things which you/we find important.

This is not the first time I've heard this from other ENFPs actually. It could very well be that I typed her wrongly, and she's an ESFP, but her style, mannerisms, etc don't strike me as SP at all. To be fair, I've never given her a chance to really get into a deep conversation, unless it's about herself and her unsuccessful romantic life. Maybe I should give it a shot and see how it goes.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
This is not the first time I've heard this from other ENFPs actually. It could very well be that I typed her wrongly, and she's an ESFP, but her style, mannerisms, etc don't strike me as SP at all. To be fair, I've never given her a chance to really get into a deep conversation, unless it's about herself and her unsuccessful romantic life. Maybe I should give it a shot and see how it goes.

'Not wanting to get into depth' is not very synonymous with extroverted intuition, eh?

Oh, and: :hi:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I love being in depth.

INFP = similar depth about people
INTJ = depth about things, which is still fun but can get boring if they don't pick up on cues from others.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
extremely well stated

props

and ill second this

For some reason, somebody STILL finds it necessary to restate this tired old adage every time anyone speaks in generalities about the negative qualities of any given type, and for no reason other than to avoid making overly sensitive people feel bad.

When we say something like, "I hate how impulsive SPs can be," why do we need a disclaimer saying "BUT OF COURSE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO UNHEALTHY SP'S!! [HEALTHY SP'S ARE TOTALLY FINE PLEASE DON'T GET UPSET IF YOU ARE ONE!]"

It goes without saying that all MBTI observations are generalizations, and zero of them apply to 100% of people in any given type. This is true, but absolutely not worth stating because it's so incredibly obvious.

That reminds me of another problem I have with NFs: excessive political correctness. Yes, we get it, not every single last ENFP in the entire world exhibits the annoying behaviors described here. No shit, Sherlock! We don't need to point it out every time because some idiot will start whining about how mean we are for "attacking" his type. That's not what we're doing.

ENTPs are disrespectful of authority and rarely understand the value in any tradition, and can often be quite mean to people as a result. There, I said it, and I don't feel it necessary to point out the overwhelmingly apparent P.C. caveat that OMG U CANT SAY THAT BECUZ ITS ONLY TRUE OF UNHEALTHY ENTPs QUIT BEING AN ASSHOLE!!!!

Ugh. /rant

I love being in depth.

INFP = similar depth about people
INTJ = depth about things, which is still fun but can get boring if they don't pick up on cues from others.

INTJs probably find you boring when you don't pick up on cues from logic. From their perspective, you spend too much time coddling other people's feelings and being whimsical/impractical. Not that they're necessarily right, but this behavior can get pretty boring to an NT, too.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Don't forget that not every NF feels that way.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
only unhealthy ENTPs rant like that :yim_rolling_on_the_

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I just giggled like a schoolgirl.

So our crime as F-types is ...using our feelings to make judgments? [As seen in the irrational endorsement of PC-like practices]
And this crime is so vile that it ... infuriates ... you?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hating F-types for preferring feelings... and reacting with a big emotional outburst. Clearly a logical decision!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh my god, that's a good one.
And you guys are supposed to be the calculating ones? Talk about irony on a massive level.

Ok hold on, and the best part is .. You chose to give a rant on anti-authority stances on a thread about ENFPs? We're obsessed with multiple meanings and possibilities, thousands of patterns which run counter to the established norm.

Now I know you were generalizing about NFs.
But were you so.. inflamed with feelings ...that you failed to consider your audience?

Adorable.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
So our crime as F-types is ...using our feelings to make judgments? [As seen in the irrational endorsement of PC-like practices]

:doh:

That was not his point.
Annoying PC-like practices do not necessarily hold a direct link to 'using our feelings to make judgments'.

Ok hold on, and the best part is .. You chose to give a rant on anti-authority stances on a thread about ENFPs? We're obsessed with multiple meanings and possibilities, thousands of patterns which run counter to the established norm.

The hell has that got to do with the price of eggs?
How is being PC got anything to do with being anti-authority?!

Your argument is counter-productive, and will further continue to provide NTs with amo that we are devoid of logical thinking.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

That was not his point.
Annoying PC-like practices do not hold a direct link to 'using our feelings to make judgments'.

It's the fact that we cling to these subjective values and act on them. It's something that looks very much like PC. There is little intellectual matter involved in defending them. In other words, an irrational reaction. They trust logic first compared to us.

When my values have been violated... -I feel them- and it's a deeply disturbing and unsettling experience.

I think it would be a mistake to not see how emotions are tightly related to the ethical propositions we defend without batting an eyelash.

Then of course, it could all be in my head.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

The hell has that got to do with the price of eggs?
How is being PC got anything to do with being anti-authority?!

Oh. Nothing. Unless that is what you're suggesting.

How did you miss his rant on anti-authority? He was so righteous about it!

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh. Nothing. Unless that is what you're suggesting.

How did you miss his rant on anti-authority? He was so righteous about it!

'has nothing to do with the price of eggs' is an expression, meaning: :offtopic:

And yea, I still don't see it.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
FantailedWall is right. You misunderstood him.

He was ranting about people feeling the need to bring up "but not all of *insert type here* displays *insert behaviour here*. He was saying that that is really obvious, so there is no point in it, and it's annoying and patronizing, as if the person that was directed at didn't already know that.

That's all.