• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
^^

I love crazy people. I have a huge patience level and wide boundaries talking with random kooky people and having random kooky conversations and random kooky chance first meetings. Only people who may have more are ENFJ and ENTP.

I wouldn't look at you crazy Maabus for that, and if I did I would either be kidding or else I would be more intrigued.

So irks --

Maturity plays a big role in any type, but this is especially true of ENFPs. ENFPs I am gleaning mostly from this forum but also RL, run a wide gamut.

I think ENFPs who are still really "green" and haven't developed their Te/Ti or developed their self-confidence could get on my nerves. I think a big achille's heel of ENFPs is to learn good judgement and discernment.

Oh, and flakiness. Not cute.

Tell you a story. I was at the Zoological Park in North Carolina by myself one day. Lets me think and just practice my few artistic urges through photography. Anyways I was staring at this sculpture that looks like one of those auto spinning doors you see at high end hotels, airports, etc... Well it was just made out of bars and I started to spin it. Out of nowhere, I started thinking up a new theory on Introverted Intuition related to physics. You can read the first post of my blog to see the summary of my thoughts that day. Let me say it was comforting to later do research and find other physicists who had similar lines of thinking (though mine is concentrating on genetics and DNA in a way).

Short story synopsis: Just playing with some damn sculpture put me into a thinking loop about meaning outside of physical reality for several hours. That is "crazy". I will say communicating (writing, speaking, etc...) was the hardest skill for me to ever learn due to how fast I thought of things and trying to describe it I would jump way ahead and miss sections due to the rush of thought. I still do it once in awhile if I'm not concentrating or go back and check my work. It actually sucks at times because most of the time I can't keep communicating all these thoughts so I A.) summarize or B.) not express them, and store them for personal growth.

I apologize for being off topic.:offtopic::banned:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
... It would be a mistake to think we're all about fluffy kittens all the time.

See, it's not so much the content of your ideas which are intimidating, it's the -tone- of the debate.

ENFPs are attracted to ideas, it's in our nature. So yes we'll pay attention to the conversation but at the same time be totally grossed out if there is too much testosterone in the air.

Sure, be controversial, be passionate about finding the magical Truth. Just keep it clean and quiet? Thanks.

That was my point, though: Sometimes we don't want to be clean or quiet. Sometimes we enjoy being dirty and loud with each other, and it bugs us when Fs of any type show up and tell us to stop being so mean to each other. That's like standing outside a boxing ring yelling at the athletes to stop hitting each other because it's not nice to hit people--you've got to take the context and motivations of participants into account before you place a moral judgment.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
Short story synopsis: Just playing with some damn sculpture put me into a thinking loop about meaning outside of physical reality for several hours. That is "crazy".

I don't know about the rest of the ENFPs, but I would be fascinated if someone thought up something "crazy" like that. I'm usually the one making the weird connections between things and getting the :confused: look from people.

And I LOVE playing Risk (haven't played Stratego since I was a kid, so I probably suck now).

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
^^ ZOMG, let's have an all out ENXPs co-ed Risk or Stratego game!

I don't even know what Stratego is and I've never played Risk but I find chess excuciatingly slow and not fun.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I don't even know what Stratego is and I've never played Risk but I find chess excuciatingly slow and not fun.

It's an NT thing. NTJs are the best at it. The long term strategical planning/oneupmanship is cool, and we (NTs) all love outwitting people, especially other smart people.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP

Such a classic ENFP response. "I don't even know what that is, but let's play!" :D

...we (NTs) all love outwitting people, especially other smart people.

It's not just an NT thing. I'll concede that I'm probably not as good at strategy games as an NT, but that doesn't mean I'm any less competitive when we're playing.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm not kidding, kids! Name an online place and time and we'll rumble! It would be even better if we could incorporate Ventrillo or Skype with it.

It'll be like playing Halo but even nerdier!!! :holy:

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol, I love what has happened to this thread.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
hehe, I'm up for the gaming too. Chess, whatever. Something I've never played before would be cool even. Want to learn some new ones.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, I've learned my lesson with strategy games. [Sort of..]

I have a tendency to want to play psychological tricks on my opponents. Like all of a sudden, I'll do something totally irrational and on impulse when my plan was -perfect-.

It's costly because you have to integrate this later but worth it with excessively systematic types who think they can predict you. Always add real randomness to your play to throw them off.

Oh, and above all things... -don't get involved with your pieces.- When I get bored I end up making stories about them. And then I'll resent my opponent for killing them and ruining the story.

Chess: "But Yes! There can be romance between a black Pawn and the enemy white Queen!"

Halo: "... Why must we shoot each other when the sky is so empty and beautiful?"

Starcraft/AgeofEmpires: "... Hear me, my army! As your leader, I will ensure -no one- dies! And if someone does, I'll press delete (suicide command) on every unit, that way he doesn't feel alone in the afterlife!"

Those are extreme examples but boy are we capable of transforming a bland game into the most Epic story ever.

85% of the time, I concentrate on the opponent rather than the actual logical sequence "Would he do this? REALLY? Oh, that jerk. No... he's too nice. OMG HE DID! HMPH!~ " instead of the calm state of mind like "Drag unit A into Location B - / end of cognitive process"

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think that any hostility towards ENFPs you'll find has anything to do with the ENFP type-or the unconscious tendencies of people who call themselves ENFPs. It is mostly associated with the behaviors of such individuals when they are off-balance.

That is most commonly associated with a lack of involvement of Introverted Feeling in their psyche, because their Extroverted Intuition has been preponderous over their Introverted Feeling. Such individuals often tend to be fickle because they lack focus and tend to be dishonest because their Judging function (the one they do ethics with) is subservient to their Externally oriented function. There they will only try to convince others that they have those virtues that are associated with Introverted Feeling, without making sure that they truly do have them.

This, however can be rectified as the ENFP matures and strikes a fair balance between the involvement of their dominant and auxiliary function.
extremely well stated

props

and ill second this

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
insecure is a misconception i believe but i understand where it comes from.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
The one I know in real life can get to be a bit much sometimes, and has trouble pumping the brakes. I would also find it difficult to talk to her about anything remotely serious. It could just be her though, and I don't know her as much from an online standpoint as I know other ENFPs here. Maybe they're different in person. I know I am.

hjomn

MBTI Type
ENfP
The one I know in real life can get to be a bit much sometimes, and has trouble pumping the brakes. I would also find it difficult to talk to her about anything remotely serious. It could just be her though, and I don't know her as much from an online standpoint as I know other ENFPs here. Maybe they're different in person. I know I am.

Ghehe, if you're purely referring to ENFP girls, you could be right:tongue10:... Just kidding;)...

As for myself, ENFP male, I love to have major laughs and screw around with people, but if I don't have an in-depth conversation with someone every once in a while, I would most certainly die an emotionally painful death:newwink:...

Nothing gives me a better mood than having the feeling that I've just had a very constructive conversation with someone, even if its been about something to which a sensor (forgive me) would reply, "Why would you talk about that? That's never gonna happen anywayyyyy:steam:".

There's no better way for a person to fascinate me than to actually listen to my thoughts and conduct an in-depth conversation with me. It creates an unbreakable bond:newwink:.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
me too...nothing i love more than a "real" conversation.