User Tag List

First 3878868788899098 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Depends on how you use it. I just refuse to label people as 'bad' or 'evil'. Harmful, for sure, but it is my responsibility to arm myself against that, just as much as it is their responsibility to minimize the damage they can cause others. Those that cause it without intent, or because they just cannot help it, I can work with. Those intent on hurting others, I will treat very different...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

yes, no, dunno. god damn what the fuck
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Heart&Brain View Post
    I can recognise these vibes - and a lot others in between - but I have also often found myself in an internal struggle about what they *really* mean.

Just as much as ENFPs pick up on vibes, we - or at least I - tend to give everybody the benefit of the doubt.

I guess it's about Ne protesting against closing off possibilities plus Fi feeling guilty if I think bad about people I hardly know.

Anyway, in the past this second guessing has let me to overrule my gut instincts in a stubbornly idealistic way, refusing to admit that letting this person near was a bad idea until evidence was crushing.
    I can relate. Fortunately, I can only apply the last bolded part to one person in particular.

I've rarely been let down by people, but I do question my intuition. It isn't the final say. It just guides me.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Depends on how you use it. I just refuse to label people as 'bad' or 'evil'. Harmful, for sure, but it is my responsibility to arm myself against that, just as much as it is their responsibility to minimize the damage they can cause others. Those that cause it without intent, or because they just cannot help it, I can work with. Those intent on hurting others, I will treat very different...
    Its like someone blaming an "enabler" for their actions. You allowed me to be this way.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I once suffered from a terrible migraine. My well meaning ENFP friend was so worried about me that she kept calling me to tell me how terrible she felt about it. I kept asking her not to call. So she shows up at my door with "goodies" for me. While well meaning, it's not pleasant to hear the bell and deal with blinding light from outside while suffering a migraine. When I was less than pleased to see her, she got on her high horse about what a caring person she is and how she was only trying to help because she felt sooooo bad about what I was going through. And how it's always about me. To this very day, whenever she talks about me being cold or mean, she uses "the migraine" as her example. I just sit back and sigh. I would love to see that self reflection that you guys talk about...

Like I said, in general, these boards make people self aware. But not everyone gets to hear the honest truth about themselves from 15 other types, much less friends that are afraid of dealing with the emotional meltdowns. So they live out their lives thinking that they are golden. (this goes for all types, not just ENFPs).
    I'm not sure whether to chime in with her and go "Aww poor baby, let me help that migraine" or "aww, that terrible ENFP with her "goodies".

Anyhow, as an ENFP, I wouldn't do that. I think I can sense when someone doesn't want to be bothered. Only on rare occasions might I insist on pushing an issue, but it'd have to be pretty severe/or something where I thought might be damaging if I didn't just butt in. Some people don't really like being bothered. Some people are just being silly.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Let's see...

2) That's a matter of perspective. I do this all the time. I make sure people are aware of it though before I start, and that they know what the outcome will be. Took me a while to realize that othesr didn't work like that and that I had to build in those disclaimers to make sure I didn't hurt anyone. Also, it's not that I get tired with you, it's just that I only have a little bit of time and a lot of interesting people to meet. Each and everyone is different however and special in their own way. Some will be more dear to me than others, because I connect better with them. However, that does not mean that I don't also very much care for those that I don't have that connection with. Take it for what it is worth, I know this is a hard one to understand, from experience.
    Amargith, I thought this was interesting (your response to the comment about ENFPs flirt with everyone and how this causes misunderstandings). Though I'm an "I," my extroverted side, which can be fairly prominent for a time, can relate to this. My experience is that some people have felt let down because they feel I'm closer to them than I really am. But, as you say, I genuinely do like these people. Because of their reaction, though, I've learned to hold back and not be quite as friendly as I know others may feel it is insincere somehow (it isn't). Also, I know an ENFP now (or, he may be, like me, not extremely introverted), and he enjoys people as much as I do. He's steadily flirted with me in much more than a friendly way for quite a while. He also seems to flirt with others but knowing he's an ENFP, I see this as just his outgoing, friendly nature and I don't let it bother me or put any energy into thinking about it. There's a difference between the time and care he takes with me (and the type of flirting), then he does with others. ENFPs have to express that joy of connecting with others, and they dislike being misunderstood about that or feel as if they have to rein themselves in (in my experience).

I like people, too. I think above all, having deep connections with people is my absolute favourite thing. Helping people is a big plus, and seeing them feel good about an interaction is very important to me. However, the difference I see between myself and xNFPs is that I don't flirt. I can keep cool boundaries to let people know that, yes, I care, and they can rely on me, but I'm nothing more than that.

To me, the flirtation is a means by which to gain acceptance and validation -- things I don't desire much of except by those I'm extremely close to, like beloved family. If anyone ever reads anything else in my actions toward them, I set the record straight any way I can. If that fails, I slam the door on them; it's far too risky to go on, especially because I have a tendency to be used.

My mom was an INFP, her love of people and her [honestly rightful] desire to be accepted by people she cared about was a major pitfall. My boyfriend is very similar, being an ENFP. My aunt is also an ENFP and struggled with such social issues, being way too much of a flirt. I understand her, but my uncle still has her feeling like shit for being 'slutty'.

In short, I see all sorts of negative outcomes to the xNFP love of people and validation, but I'm sure it works out sometimes. As an INFJ, I also struggle with the airy, inconsistent, histrionic flightiness in relationships and friendships. I've gotten pretty pissed at my boyfriend for neglecting his friends, and me, especially during times of need. I think all it takes is a little balance and self control, and any xNFP who masters that is a very fine individual all around.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

-Because some of us rarely know what the hell we want
    -Some of us get in over our heads and don't realize it till we are drowning, or drowning someone else.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I once ate an enfp, it was truly oustanding !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]