User Tag List

First 3171798081828391 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Blah...powerless, that I wasn't able to convince you of staying out of trouble with him, coz I *know* he's just yanking our chain. On the other hand, I understand why you must do this, as you too took a while to come to the awesomeness of ENFP-dom and you need to give him the benefit of the doubt as you understand what it is like.

I will be here for you when your dreams get crushed, sweetheart. Go in peace
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Fine, I'll bite my tongue next time and watch the trainwreck happen
    But why assume a trainwreck is going to happen? Is it because you feel slightly offended and want to prevent it from getting worse? In which case, you don't necessarily like the jokes or do you think we are just trying to push buttons? Either way, if something strikes a chord, just tell us to cut it out. But it need go no further than that with hour long explanations and then text messages to follow up that you meant no offense when you gave those explanations. It's just overkill and I'm impatient and grumpy. So I will try to be nice if you try to be not so nice. Deal? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Yeah, I feel you. It can be difficult.

So, yeah. At times, even I feel the frustration of feeling like I can't just "tell it like it is."
    Yeah, sometimes I can say things that I know will hurt (even though I think they shouldn't hurt) to just shut someone up. I try not to do that anymore, but it can be difficult at times. I'm still looking for balance.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    But why assume a trainwreck is going to happen? Is it because you feel slightly offended and want to prevent it from getting worse? In which case, you don't necessarily like the jokes or do you think we are just trying to push buttons? Either way, if something strikes a chord, just tell us to cut it out. But it need go no further than that with hour long explanations and then text messages to follow up that you meant no offense when you gave those explanations. It's just overkill and I'm impatient and grumpy. So I will try to be nice if you try to be not so nice. Deal? lol.
    LOL, deal

It's just that ime misunderstandings lead to hurt feelings, and that's just painful to watch or experience for me. Also, normally, I would only send one reassurance msg and leave it at that, but since it's on topic..
    As for jokes and the likes, it does happen that I don't find NT's jokes funny, or their remarks with regards to me (mind you, im talking mostly irl now), and sadly, if you tell them to cut it out, they tend to call you a partypooper, and to stop being so sensitive and will continue and even intensify their efforts, to entertain their audience at your expense. So I've stopped asking to cut it out..I tend to try and find something that distracts them instead

Oh and Jeno..I was kidding with that comment....
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

LOL, deal

It's just that ime misunderstandings lead to hurt feelings, and that's just painful to watch or experience for me. Also, normally, I would only send one reassurance msg and leave it at that, but since it's on topic..
    As for jokes and the likes, it does happen that I don't find NT's jokes funny, or their remarks with regards to me (mind you, im talking mostly irl now), and sadly, if you tell them to cut it out, they tend to call you a partypooper, and to stop being so sensitive and will continue and even intensify their efforts, to entertain their audience at your expense. So I've stopped asking to cut it out..I tend to try and find something that distracts them instead
    But whose hurt feelings are you talking about? Hurt feelings truly mean nothing to me in my own life. It's like getting pricked by a needle, it hurts for a second and then it's forgotten. So for me, when someone holds onto a slight, it just seems like they are doing it to be dramatic.

As far as the party pooper comment, yeah, I can see that. In fact, I've often thought that about a few members here that think things are getting out of hand when I clearly have no idea what they are talking about. But I would never think that if it was a personal thing. For instance, if you think you see someone reacting emotionally, it's up to them to tell me to cut it out, not you - because you have no way to really know that they are feeling this way (unless it's a close friend or if they told you). If I am personally offending you and you ask me to stop, I will always stop.

Oh and Jeno..I was kidding with that comment....
    ...and I was kidding about my trying to be nice.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

EDIT: and what the hell are INFJinity points? Whatever they are, I want them! *snatches the INFJinity points and runs*
    INFJinity points ....

...refer to degrees of awesomeness that lie within an INFJ's ability to willingly bequeath to those whom they feel have displayed INFJ-like qualities.

And +1 on the points..though, get your own, I wanna keep mine
    Ladies ladies... there's plenty to go around

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

But whose hurt feelings are you talking about? Hurt feelings truly mean nothing to me in my own life. It's like getting pricked by a needle, it hurts for a second and then it's forgotten. So for me, when someone holds onto a slight, it just seems like they are doing it to be dramatic.

As far as the party pooper comment, yeah, I can see that. In fact, I've often thought that about a few members here that think things are getting out of hand when I clearly have no idea what they are talking about. But I would never think that if it was a personal thing. For instance, if you think you see someone reacting emotionally, it's up to them to tell me to cut it out, not you - because you have no way to really know that they are feeling this way (unless it's a close friend or if they told you). If I am personally offending you and you ask me to stop, I will always stop.

...and I was kidding about my trying to be nice.
    Evil!

If we refer back to this thread, you were talking to three ENFPs at one point..so whereas I wasn't worried about your hurt feelings, I was worried about it derailing into a frustration-match from both sides, which is pretty much a waste of time imo. And I was responding to the potential miscommunication here, not to someone getting emotional. I'll only step in when someone is clearly emotional and the other party won't stop badgering, which, I'm glad you wouldn't do. In the irl example, I was the target myself and asked them to stop. They didn't.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    willingly bequeath to those whom they feel have displayed INFJ-like qualities.
    That's right, yeah. You get one if you take a black-and-white photo of yourself, and another if either you're staring off into the distance or your shirt is off. I'm pretty sure that's a requirement to be INFJ, anyway.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    INFJinity points ....

...refer to degrees of awesomeness that lie within an INFJ's ability to willingly bequeath to those whom they feel have displayed INFJ-like qualities.

Ladies ladies... there's plenty to go around
    *puts a bucket underneath Wyst's mouth*

Jeno, I think we should maybe do this somewhere more private, I have a feeling our little catfight might be 'influencing' Wyst more than he's willing to admit
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

*puts a bucket underneath Wyst's mouth*

Jeno, I think we should maybe do this somewhere more private, I have a feeling our little catfight might be 'influencing' Wyst more than he's willing to admit
    Blah-----

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

In the irl example, I was the target myself and asked them to stop. They didn't.
    Yeah, sorry about that. Some people are just assholes, or they can be assholes at times. I hope I'm not like that, but if I am, please tell me and I will stop. This brings us back to the thread topic - how do I just tell an ENFP to stop without it being a confrontation?

Have you looked in a mirror lately? If so, can you blame him?
    Hahaha, don't worry about him, he's still under our control from our last tag team.