User Tag List

First 6789101858108 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Oh, and another thing I thought of... you guys are pretty open-minded and non-judgemental, which i love, but once you've decided what a person is like, you tend to treat them like they belong to that category from thereon in without exception.

MBTI
    ENFP

Yesterday, my boss told me that I have the best personality for a hostessing/service job. Anyone else feel like ENFPs are the perfect servers/hostesses/concierges/restaurant managers/etc.?

I feel like it might be our ability to adapt to the people we're interacting with. I'm definitely a much more jokey, flirty person at work with my coworkers and always curteous to guests and whatnot.

I always feel most happy at work.

EDIT:

Oh, I also did this volunteer thing, and the lady who was in charge of me was talking to another who I was helping out. Anne (the coordinator) told Sam (who I was helping) that I was an excellent junior (youth volunteer) and that she knew that within five minutes of knowing me. And I thought to myself... is that how long it takes for me to understand the type of person I need to be for the group I'm in to like me?

That sentence sounds confusing.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

When I was travelling in Europe on tour..and I was in the bus with some kids around my age (that is 12-20)...after a while of talking I started dominating the conversation. There was a break in the talking, and suddenly someone said, "Y'know, there's something about you." (referring to me..and at that point everyone was just watching me and I just sat there while they analyzed me)

"Yeah. It's like...you're...JENNIFER!"
    "You don't really act like you're 13..."
    "Yeah...you don't really talk like an idiot like Jasmine [their 12yrold sister on board] does all the time.."
    "Uh huh. You're very articulate..for a 13 year old."
    "I dunno...there's just something about her.."

At this point I start to freak out a little from being analyzed, and make an overwhelmed-looking face. And then one of them said, "Well, see, now you look like a 13 year old again, haha."

o_o
    I was able to connect really well with those people...that little incident in the tour bus was kind of interesting though. (Btw this was after an evening cruise down the Seine river!!! )
    Last edited by niffer; 10-22-2007 at 12:10 AM. Reason: *o_o maybe someone should move this to the enfp fact/fiction thread..*
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by brazz View Post
    Yesterday, my boss told me that I have the best personality for a hostessing/service job. Anyone else feel like ENFPs are the perfect servers/hostesses/concierges/restaurant managers/etc.?

I feel like it might be our ability to adapt to the people we're interacting with. I'm definitely a much more jokey, flirty person at work with my coworkers and always curteous to guests and whatnot.

I always feel most happy at work.
    I've worked as a server at multiple different restraunts over the past three years and invariably I have come across some ENFP's. To the customers, I'm sure they are much more liked than I am. I think the only problem that arises sometimes is when they let the customers get to them too much. Sometimes people don't treat servers like people (I know because I do it sometimes and I'm a server) and this can get to them. Being treated unfairly/rudely can upset them for the rest of the shift and it seems like they can take minor comments/actions as rejection of a sorts. I guess a hostess wouldn't have as much trouble with that, though, obviously.

Difficult to explain...but I'm sure it all comes down to the individual anyways. Don't take this the wrong way though, I love working with ENFPs. They make it bearable.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Actually, yeah. I notice that. If someone's rude to me (or inconsiderate in a way that I can't immediately brush off as ignorance/stupidity on their behalf - and sometimes even then), it puts me out of joint for a few hours.
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

That happens to me too. Thing is, I just keep it in. I know it's not meant to be taken personally, but still. It just...is able to get in.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP

Oh, I completely know what you mean. I hate it when servers are treated as less than people. I love having conversations with them. And when I'm hostessing, I always try and make it semi-personal with the guest. Usually people like that. If they tell me their name is Richardson, I ask "How are you doing today Mr. Richardson?" and etcetera. But when people turn around and treat me rudely (like pretending I'm not there and saying the service was horrible) I take it very personally.

Then again, I just love my job and take everything personally. If someone leaves genuinely disappointed, I feel disappointed in myself and my coworkers.

MBTI
    INFJ

You know it's funny - my sister is an ENFP, and also waitressed for a long time. She was great at it. It's not what the topic is about, but she's definitely absolutely awesome! It's the personality that balances a lot of my shortcomings and makes me feel accepted and valued. My favorite roomate was also ENFP.

OP: Just curious if anyone out there has anything against enfp's
    No, no, no! *covers all her darling ENFPs' ears*

No, I love ENFPs! They can become emotionally frazzled and anxious just like the rest of us, but I relate to them well and enjoy their exciting and endearing mannerisms, jokes and thoughts. They're so fascinating and poetic, with so many dimensions. They're usually profoundly poetic and use the most bang-on, unique phrasings when they write. They often have a fascinating vigor for life, and a biting (I mean, OW!) wit too (when you piss them off or snub them). Actually, I'm thinking of one ENFP friend in particular when I write all this, so it probably doesn't apply to all ENFPs. But I love her, and I LVE you guys. *group hug*

Then again, I just love my job and take everything personally. If someone leaves genuinely disappointed, I feel disappointed in myself and my coworkers.
    Awww. You sound like a great waitress. The picture that came to mind when I read about how you love your job was of a pretty, smiling, awesome waitress I had at Hooters once (yes, Hooters! they have pretty good food there). She was an AWESOME waitress and I'm sure you are too.

I'm INFP, and I was a waitress for what seemed like months, but it was really only one month. I liked it in the sense that it was never boring when you had customers, but I hated it in the sense that it took so much quick-thinking and was nothing but rushing, rushing, rushing. I never made quite as much as the other waitresses, so that was always a source of inadequacy and chagrin. But my ENFJ friend is now working at the same place I did and she says she loves it.

I hate how enfp's take everything to heart. Everyone in the world can love them and then when one person doesn't they do everything they can to change that, almost destroying themselves in the process. It's not healthy!

Luckily they're split personality comes and has a conversation that goes like this...
    Self 1: Dude what's wrong?
    Self 2: I've been ignored for two weeks man, i feel like shit. I understand now why people consider suicide an alternative...
    Self 1: Seriously? Come off it! Stop being a lil whiny ass. You're the coolest kid you know man!
    Self 2: Then why is she ignoring me?
    Self 1: Cause she needs a shrink and is scared and whatnot. Not your problem man. Buck up.
    Self 2: Wait what? I'm cool?
    Self 1: Hell yes! You're cool and funny and people love you.
    Self 2: Ah yeah they do! I totally forgot... man I missed me...
    Self 1: I missed you too man.

Of course this was all hypothetical and um I in no way experienced this this week....um... I uh saw a friend, yeah! A friend go through it.... :whistles: