User Tag List

First 2969777879808189 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Greed, hunny, we're ENFPs, we're supposed to 'emoticon' if we joke
    :O I'm an ENFP!!! (note: this is not a joke)
    5 3 9

garbage

In this thread: lots of joking around mixed with underlying truths and serious points to be made

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

True..often a joke is just a way to soften the blow or lighten the mood, but what is said is still semi-serious in intent
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    :O I'm an ENFP!!! (note: this is not a joke)
    *checks her list*

Sorry, dude, you're not on it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Okay, then please humor me and bite the bullet and attribute that kind of behavior to ENFPdom every now and then. Don't just post the examples. Tell us what's going on inside your brain. What dots is your Ne connecting?

"Well you know...I'm not saying A or B here...just I have this here list of examples of this kind of behavior by a slew of ENFPs....hmm...it's interesting but I have no idea what i might mean or what, if anything, I'm trying to say here."
    I did:

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    In my experience, they keep picking at you until they get an emotional reaction - it seems like the less evolved ones truly crave that emotional outburst.
    One thing I've learned is to never let a less evolved ENFP do anything for you. They live for praise and will become very very upset if you don't remind them of how great they are with each waking breath. They live for that praise and that's probably why she was so passive-aggressively mean to you. Best of luck!!
    The problem is identifying what is a conflict and what is actually light hearted banter. Sometimes I don't want to joke around with my ENFP friends because they take it too seriously and I have to spend hours doing damage control and reassurance. It seems like every time I hang out with one of my buddies, I know that 'see ya later' is not the end. Text messages follow about an hour later.
    +1
    More often than not, I am forced to apologize for daring to 'criticize' them, especially in my 'horrible, brutish' manner. The tears, the agony.

But ironically, the initial criticism/issue never gets addressed. The argument is always about how I say something, but never what I actually say. It can be a bit annoying. But whatever...
    I don't always want to go into the reasons. If I'm sad about something and I don't wish to speak about it and I voice it, I still get pushed and prodded until I blow up. At which point, I am the bad guy now. I don't always want to share personal info. Sometimes "I don't want to talk about it now" should be enough, but most often it isn't.
    I agree with much of your post, but to be fair, I must mention that not everything is a problem. I feel like I have to carefully watch every single word I say and how I say it, so there are no problems perceived. And me being a prickish ENTP, there are bound to be hurt feelings. I try though. I just wish my irl ENFP friends also tried a bit harder to just hear what I say at face value without searching for hidden meanings. Believe me, I say exactly what's on my mind, nothing is hidden.
    ...and you asked for examples, so I gave them.

And Amargith: I know that those were jokes all around. I was joking back. Do you think I was upset?

Ok, I'm in over my head in here. It's fine. Just chalk this up to a disgruntled ENTP and nevermind anything that I've said. Have a great day, guys!

garbage

*checks her list*

Come on.. don't we want more reformed ENTJs in our ranks?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

*checks her list*

awww
    5 3 9

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Jeno, no I don't think you're upset, but indeed I wanted to make sure there were't any misunderstandings. I doubt anyone was upset really

Greed: let that ENFP wannabe first decide what he is. Last I checked, he pretended to be an ESXJ while defending and blatantly showing ENTP behavior, now he's trying out the ENTJ label while he secretly is an ENFP? Make up your mind dude! Besides, from what I've seen so far you're so ENTP it's too blatant too deny
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Jeno, no I don't think you're upset, but indeed I wanted to make sure there were't any misunderstandings. I doubt anyone was upset really

Greed: let that ENFP wannabe first decide what he is. Last I checked, he pretended to be an ESXJ while defending and blatantly showing ENTP behavior, now he's trying out the ENTJ label while he secretly is an ENFP? Make up your mind dude! Besides, from what I've seen so far you're so ENTP it's too blatant too deny
    hmmm... I wonder how many people I've managed to confuse the hell out of? I think I had an ENFJ masquerade back then. Heh heh, I can be typed as an NF until Amar joins the party
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ISFJ

...and you asked for examples, so I gave them.
    Lol I was actually just joking there. Kinda. But those examples were vagueish. I trust in an ENTPs ability to just churn out easy-to-understand insults. I mean was just trying to get a response. +1 for immature ENFPs

Ok, I'm in over my head in here. It's fine. Just chalk this up to a disgruntled ENTP and nevermind anything that I've said. Have a great day, guys!
    Lol, that was my line damnit!! (changing ENTP for ENFP obviously, and disgruntled for something more self-deprecating)