This whole thread is personally offensive to me

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    stop laughing at me

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    stop laughing at me
    Man you ENFPs need to stop being so defensive...sheesh.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Man you ENFPs need to stop being so defensive...sheesh.

Seriously. You're all so combative and confrontational.

garbage

stop turning everything into a big joke

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

It's too late. We're all on our ENFP high horses now.

We now actively refuse to take anything seriously (but it's okay because we're silently judging everyone all the time anyway).

MBTI
    GONE

^^

Way to let the cat out of the bag, guys!

---
    I do have three more serious questions that I didn't see get answered - or maybe I was being a typical P and scanning the pages too fast --

But Sub said ENFPs can have idealized self-images and a sense of entitlement. What exactly does this mean?

And Tiny Army, you mentioned you think there are 4 basic types of ENFPs? What are they?

I do kinda get what 'idealized self image' Sub may be referring to - as in an ENFP thinking s/he is magnanimous and kind or always right to the point of being beyond reproach. Basically the beginnings of a martyr complex or the whiny manipulator (yes, I've read descriptions of ENFP women like that on this forum by non ENFP males).

I honestly have not seen this even in the few people I've met who told me they tested as ENFP so it seems puzzling to me. Then again, maybe we were on the same page so I didn't read them as having an idealized self image. I've also seen "idealized self-image" in other people and other types (not even necessarily "F"s) and seen how it has directly impacted their personal relationships and caused conflict.

But the sense of entitlement - what does that refer to?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Think the sense of entitlement is something that is perceived by others and it's what we refer to as our right to be ourselves.

Basically, they don't get why we aren't willing to fall in line and stop making such a fuss and we're like: "dude I don't tell you what to do either, so where do you come of telling me?"

As for the self-idealized image: because we self reflect a lot and try to figure out who we are and be the best we can be, we're rather protective of that image we build up, even if it's not finished yet. Hence, we prolly can be perceived as quite touchy if someone nitpicks at it
    I dunno about you guys, but most of the legitimate feedback I get are things I know about already, and I'm already working on and it just annoys me that people can't accept me for what I am now and don't see that I am in fact working on it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I once suffered from a terrible migraine. My well meaning ENFP friend was so worried about me that she kept calling me to tell me how terrible she felt about it. I kept asking her not to call. So she shows up at my door with "goodies" for me. While well meaning, it's not pleasant to hear the bell and deal with blinding light from outside while suffering a migraine. When I was less than pleased to see her, she got on her high horse about what a caring person she is and how she was only trying to help because she felt sooooo bad about what I was going through. And how it's always about me. To this very day, whenever she talks about me being cold or mean, she uses "the migraine" as her example. I just sit back and sigh. I would love to see that self reflection that you guys talk about...

Like I said, in general, these boards make people self aware. But not everyone gets to hear the honest truth about themselves from 15 other types, much less friends that are afraid of dealing with the emotional meltdowns. So they live out their lives thinking that they are golden. (this goes for all types, not just ENFPs).