• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, no, ENFPs are good with reading every human OTHER than INTPs, obviously. That makes the most sense. I bet it's because INTPs are super human. And they are all just like Einstein, too.

Einstein is not the ultimate INTP. Behold the real Grand Architect of Creation, the real ultimate INTP!

image010.jpg

Ya Einstein only was IQ 160, da Vinci was IQ 220! If you don't believe he is INTP, click the below link:
http://www.celebritytypes.com/intp.php

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I explained that earlier in the thread. It wasn't a Ne jump. It was a statement of clarification. In other words, we were no longer discussing cops. The conversation had moved to clubs. The previous speaker had combined the two topics.

Yes, I read that, thanks. :) You understand that the act of putting both in the same sentence was what prompted examination, right?

The construction of the sentence is the issue ... it looks and sounds like you're putting those two elements TOGETHER.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I explained that earlier in the thread. It wasn't a Ne jump. It was a statement of clarification. In other words, we were no longer discussing cops. The conversation had moved to clubs. The previous speaker had combined the two topics.

I'm sorry, but, on the surface of it, this is the most retarded explanation I've ever heard.

That's why I didn't believe it.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Nope--sorry. Thread exploded, and I'm trying to catch up. My point stands, though. It doesn't happen with any other type with me.

I do find that an interesting point, but you should consider that perhaps ENFPs are the only ones who express their consternation over it.

As has been expressed many times on this forum, they aren't very good at keeping their mouths shut about those kinds of things.

Other types are much more likely to sit there and think to themselves, "Did he/she really just say that?"

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, no, ENFPs are good with reading every human OTHER than INTPs, obviously. That makes the most sense. I bet it's because INTPs are super human. And they are all just like Einstein, too.

I'm feelin' the love here. It also makes perfect sense that every single ENFP will have the natural ability to discern hidden motivations every time an NTP opens his or her mouth. I'm not just like Einstein. I study biology and chemistry, not physics.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think he was necessarily saying cops are dumb. He may have been thinking that cops are more action oriented...by inadvertently speaking in the negative. Dang INTPs always trapping others into derailing a thread to make it about them.

But you are probably right. He probably thinks the husband as well as many cops in general are not deep thinkers and the ENFP picked up on it. (she probably thinks it too and it hurts to hear it)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm feelin' the love here. It also makes perfect sense that every single ENFP will have the natural ability to discern hidden motivations every time an NTP opens his or her mouth. I'm not just like Einstein. I study biology and chemistry, not physics.

I wasn't aiming that at you, actually.

Why did you assume I was??

Starry

I went to a huge *party* that all the popular people were invited to!!! No one there was an INTP.

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually have no idea why I typed (only) 5w4...considering the fact my meaning was meant for all e5s...and especially because the INTJ friend I was referring to in my message is a 5w6 as well (but I still wrote 5w4 ??). The only thing I can come-up with is that I was focusing on INTPs...and perhaps my mind has a tendancy to associate the two. But I do know that not all INTPs are 5w4s (again...have no idea where my mind was there).

I actually didn't know until I took the test after your comment. Having said that, I took a few afterwards to verify results, and the other tests put me as 5w4. I don't know much about enneagram, so I'm only superficially aware of the differences.

My INTJ father... he will say all kinds of shitty, offensive things haha...but owns it.

I have no problems telling someone off or being negative if I feel it's warranted.

Now my experience with xNTPs is very different. I mean I haven't put it all together in my mind...but I guess what I can say is it often appears to me...that when an xNTP says something offensive and you call them on it...there is an immediate claim of 'innocence' (often followed by what feels like the xNTP turns your argument around on you)...which often leaves me baffled. ENTPs can start to remind me of the character of Harold Skimpole in Bleak House...in where I get the sense that they truly understand what is going on...but are capable of manipulating the situation by claiming 'innocence'. But I'm really left baffled by the INTPs. And yes...I do sometimes wonder if they are truly unaware or what. ((I guess I should put in some sort of disclaimer here that I mean no offense with what I am saying. I only seek understanding.))

Eh, I'm only seeking understanding as well, but I think some are taking offense. If I think the guy is stupid, then it's really a complete surprise to me.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I went to a huge *party* that all the popular people were invited to!!! No one there was an INTP.

We usually don't jump at a chance to visit hell.

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'll concede that my word choice could have been better, but I won't concede that I secretly think the guy is stupid. :)

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't aiming that at you, actually.

Why did you assume I was??

I'm pretty sure you have some subconscious vendetta against me and think I'm stupid, er, I mean, have a God complex.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'll concede that my word choice could have been better, but I won't concede that I secretly think the guy is stupid. :)

I don't think you necessarily think the guy is stupid.

I think you think cops, in general, are stupid.

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think he was necessarily saying cops are dumb. He may have been thinking that cops are more action oriented...by inadvertently speaking in the negative. Dang INTPs always trapping others into derailing a thread to make it about them.

But you are probably right. He probably thinks the husband as well as many cops in general are not deep thinkers and the ENFP picked up on it. (she probably thinks it too and it hurts to hear it)

I'm female, for the record. The guy is an ISTJ. He thinks very differently than I do, but he is a deep thinker.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy

Maybe she didn't think you meant her husband at all, rather that it was an underlying feeling for cops 'in general' that set off the radar? I'm not saying you DO think that, but I can see that sort of situation and see the feelings involved, whether accurate or not.

EDIT: And.. I type too slow.. it was already said.

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you necessarily think the guy is stupid.

I think you think cops, in general, are stupid.

Incorrect. I don't judge people's intelligence by what they do for a living.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If you don't want other people filling in the dots you have to fill in the dots yourself. That's pretty much all it comes down to.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Incorrect. I don't judge people's intelligence by what they do for a living.

Ok, well, by constructing your statement the way that you did, you gave good reason for others to think that you do.

If you don't want other people filling in the dots you have to fill in the dots yourself. That's pretty much all it comes down to.

Precisely.

I think it should be pretty apparent by now that the fault for that situation lies in your construction, not in the mind of the ENFP.

It's called emotional intelligence; it's useful to have some of it.