First 3644454647485696 Last

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Oh wow. I know Ni learns by being contradictory but at least the INFJs do it with a bit of class.

Re: ENFPs coming off as ESFPs. Yes, when I was a teenager I did behave like an ESFP. Se is incredibly practical, especially in social situations. As an Ne dominant I recognised this and tried to replicate it. When you interact with an ENFP only superficially, many will behave like that. We are always using our Ne, but we will not reveal all of our cards. Get an ENFP talking about ideas and they will let their Ne loose. Sadly, it takes a level of trust between the ENFP and another party for it to reach that point and ENFPs are never actually as trusting as they appear.
    this very much. there is an approval threshold that i keep for every person. sometimes i bait people with it too, asking rhetorical questions that only N people would actually understand. if the person doesn't understand it, i seem like i just have other interests; but if they do understand it, they seem to agree.

i always keep masks on so i can adapt to any situation. i can be your best friend or an enemy depending on how i present myself.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    two
    Socionics
    ESE

Oh wow. I know Ni learns by being contradictory but at least the INFJs do it with a bit of class.
    Was that a shot? I'm just trying to lighten the mood thankyouverymuch.
    -There is nothing either good nor ill but thinking makes it so.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    i hate when people describe ENFPs as they are all immature. its different -teenager and ENFPs.

We have fun side but most of us are very deep and capable of intelligent conversation, but we develop those T etc. traits slower then natural Ts.
    I like Little Linguist's distinction between being child-like and being childish.

Personally I find female ENFPs absolutely adorable!

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh wow. I know Ni learns by being contradictory[...]
    It does?

If ever there was a group of people interested in being contrary, it is so far seeming to me to be ENFPs (and INFJs).

ENFPs mock, tease, or otherwise scuttle other people's (read: my) earnest proclamations. (INFJs just know that I'm wrong.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post

somethin about an intp/enfp dynamic i think.
    what's that?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    It does?

If ever there was a group of people interested in being contrary, it is so far seeming to me to be ENFPs (and INFJs).
    Do you see how you aligned your intuition by launching an (albeit friendly) assessment of who it is if it isn't? It's like a framework for launching a contradiction paradigm. Trust me, understanding it in that way helps you use it better.

Also, care to elaborate on the use of the adjective "monster" with Ni? Monster like quantity or monster like quality?

ANNNND as long as I'm on the Ni train this early in the morning:

...Se is incredibly practical...
    I completely disagree with this.

...Se is incredibly instinctual...
    This seems far more accurate. Discuss.

Also, I think I want to try this little tiny trailing Ni paragraph too. It's pretty rad!

If you're wondering how ESFPs can be incredibly practical and get things done, while still primarily using an instinctual and "act in the moment" function, the explanation could be that they too have Te. (I used to work with an ESFP in politics)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I can see why Kalach enjoys the small type now.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hendo Barbarosa View Post
    Do you see how you aligned your intuition by launching an (albeit friendly) assessment of who it is if it isn't? It's like a framework for launching a contradiction paradigm.
    I'll see your obscure statement and raise you a "That's Te, dummy!" And I'll keep it friendly by insisting that "dummy" was included only because rhyme makes pithy statements more memorable. And I don't know why it should be Te rather than Ni, but you said "aligned" and if something's aligning my intuitions, it won't be anything other than the aligning tool, aka the auxiliary.

And I'll insist it wasn't merely like launching a contradiction paradigm, it actually was a(n implied) statement of contradiction. I noted that, in my humble experience, Ne wants to pop out alternatives to other people's statements. (It's annoying and tiresome, and ENFPs do it a lot. And actually, it's ENTPs that are the worst for that stuff.) Thus the (implied) actual contradiction--the contradictory-ing act--was, nah, it's not Ni that works that way, it's Ne.

The entire statement was driven by the intuition that whoever said "Ni uses contradiction to learn", was mis-identifying how another function works by comparing it to their own Ne.

(And INFJs got included in the statement because they use Fe and that's what makes them contrary, to me at least, not Ni.)

But... come to think of it... if Ne's all about blurting out the (other) possibilities, then .... [something something something, I don't know what] Ni too. [Because I think I've missed something here and you might be right.]

And you've all been hanging around INTPs too long if you're talking contradictions. Intuitive leaps and contradictions are opposed conceptual tools in the world of ideas: you accept and care about one, and not the other! It's a point of honour.

[But nonetheless, do you want to make a longer post about it. I have the sense that I missed the point and I'd like to know.]

Liddle text, liddle text, liddle liddle liddle text.

Look at all the other INTJs. I bet when we get carried away we all have symbolic writing tells. INTJs will at least use white space. INTPs will use point by point quotation and argument. Everyone else... dunno, they all just say "awesome" a lot, that's all I notice.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

I know one with ADHD and he has his moments of Te. He's really a bully when it happens too. It makes me wonder if its him or the ADHD talkin'.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

S isn't instinctual. i'd go so far as to call simply call S the lack of N.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes