User Tag List

First 234561454104 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    Just curious if anyone out there has anything against enfp's...

We are always curious as to what people really think about us so let us have it!

anything at all....
    In general, I've nothing against them. My brother is one, and we get along very well and always have. In fact I don't know anyone I'd rather go travelling with than him and another ENFP I know.

If I were going to say the one quibble, the one thing he does that can be annoying - though I've no room for complaint because I do it too and I think it's an Ne thing - it's when he goes into persuasion mode, and tends to bulldoze people into doing what he wants, to sorta bamboozle people so that they don't know whether they're coming or going and find themselves going along with whatever he says, not entirely sure why or happy with it but unable to figure out why. He does it by convincing people that the most decent thing to do, the nice thing to do, the kindest thing that would make everyone happy and be fair, is what he's saying. I do it by saying what I'm suggesting is the only logical choice, that anything else would result in disaster, that it's the only thing that'll work. When we team up together to persuade someone, we could sell snow to an Eskimo.

But I do think he pushes it a lot more than me. Long past the point where I'm backing off and thinking, "No, c'mon, he doesn't want to, leave him alone now", he's got his mind fixed on this challenge of persuading this guy, and wont let up until he does.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    So...erratic...

Please, be consistent. You guys are difficult to understand and gauge because you're so random and inconsistent.
    But that's just 'cause we want everyone to love us, so we're constantly changing to suit everyone else! :rolli:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    So...erratic...

Please, be consistent. You guys are difficult to understand and gauge because you're so random and inconsistent.
    Maybe you need to be more flexible.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Maybe you need to be more flexible.

...duuuuust.... in the wind...
    All P's are is duuust... in the wiiiiinnnnd....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Many years ago, a former boss of mine was an ENFP. Very nice guy, entertaining and brilliant, but a terrible boss. Always chatting away with people, always smiling, but never got anything organized or done in the department. We lived in chaos for years and everybody sighed a breath of relief when he left.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm supposed to get along very well with ENFP's but I don't think I know any personally. The ENFP with the INFJ on here seems nice though.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by developer View Post
    Many years ago, a former boss of mine was an ENFP. Very nice guy, entertaining and brilliant, but a terrible boss. Always chatting away with people, always smiling, but never got anything organized or done in the department. We lived in chaos for years and everybody sighed a breath of relief when he left.
    very true, i'm sooo unorganized, i couldnt be a boss if my life depended on it everything had its place in my house, but i dont know where
    i once asked if i could be a teamleader at work once and the boss nearly choked on her coffee...
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ

I disagree... I know several ENFP's who make GREAT leaders. It's all a question of balancing your functions. ENFP's can be really good at inspiring others and motivating them.

MBTI
    INTJ

I would assume a big factor would be whether they are a leader who is making a lot of important decisions or a leader who is implementing the decisions made by the higher-ups.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I disagree... I know several ENFP's who make GREAT leaders. It's all a question of balancing your functions. ENFP's can be really good at inspiring others and motivating them.
    I agree.

One important quality of leadership is the ability to delegate responsibility wisely. Having personal shortcomings does not have to hamper good leadership if the leader has enough wisdom to employ people to cover tasks in which (s)he is less proficient. An inability to perceive and admit flaws is probably the worst leadership quality.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.